• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Check Your Pampered Chef Newswire for Conference Information

In summary, attendees should bring conference and workshop confirmation materials, a light sweater, comfortable walking shoes, a cell phone or calling card, an umbrella, a camera, money for meals and transportation, an extra bag for business materials and souvenirs, snacks, a consultant planner, pins for their name badge, index cards, a highlighter, pens, and a notebook. General tips include picking up the conference packet on the first day, being open to new ideas, networking with other consultants, and taking time to highlight the best ideas each day. It is recommended to bring an umbrella for walking to and from the train, but not necessary for traveling to and from McCormick Place. Attendees will also receive a tote bag at the conference,
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Here is some of it:

Here's a summary of what to bring:

• Conference and workshop confirmation materials
• Light sweater for air-conditioned meeting rooms
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Cell phone or calling card and phone numbers of fellow attendees
• Umbrella
• Camera
• Money for meals, taxis, etc.
• Extra bag to carry business materials and souvenirs
• Snacks
• Consultant planner
• Pins you've earned to affix to your name badge
• Index cards for jotting down great ideas from workshops
• Highlighter, pens and notebook
• Pampered Chef® Proprietary Debit Card
• Dream Patrol Recruiting Postcards earned January through June

Here are some general tips to keep in mind:

• On Day 1, head over to Hall E inside McCormick Place to pick up your Conference packet.
• Decide what you most want to learn about, then listen with an open mind to new viewpoints and strategies.
• Step out of your comfort zone and talk to Consultants you don't know. Imagine what you could learn from them to help you achieve your dreams!
• At the end of each day, take 15 minutes to highlight the best ideas from workshops and networking.

Have a blast at National Conference 2008!

I just read my PC Newswire and noticed the part that mentioned bringing a bag. I thought we were going to get one there with our packet so we didn't need to bring one? I will be sad if there is no bag. :cry:

Someone on here had posted an e-mail from HO saying we would be getting one. I sure hope that we still are, but I guess I will take an extra one with me just in case.

One thing about the umbrella, the shuttles drop you off in a covered area so unless you have a lot of walking to and from hotels, shuttles, food, etc, you really don't need one.

I never bring an umbrella - I don't melt.

janetupnorth said:

I know we own one but I'm not afraid of rain. Plus most hotels have some kind of awning to wait until so unless you are walking blocks you are fine.

You may want to bring an umbrella for walking to and from the train if you're taking one. Also, if you have time to walk around on the first night outside and it starts to rain on you. Or you could do what we did last year and just start saying "It's not raining. I'm not getting wet right now. I did not just feel that big drop on my head...etc." There really isn't a need to have one to and from McCormick, so save the space and weight in your bag/purse.

Kattyschack said:
Someone on here had posted an e-mail from HO saying we would be getting one. I sure hope that we still are, but I guess I will take an extra one with me just in case.

We do get a bag but what Newssire is talking about is for bringing extra things home such as Catty's and merchandise you may buy while there.

Last year someone posted a pic of our bag before confrence began anybody have one this year??????????????

JAE said:
You may want to bring an umbrella for walking to and from the train if you're taking one. Also, if you have time to walk around on the first night outside and it starts to rain on you. Or you could do what we did last year and just start saying "It's not raining. I'm not getting wet right now. I did not just feel that big drop on my head...etc." There really isn't a need to have one to and from McCormick, so save the space and weight in your bag/purse.

...And it's not going to rain this year either!:D

Flamingo said:
Last year someone posted a pic of our bag before confrence began anybody have one this year??????????????

I wonder if it is the cranberry tote for hold 2 shows in July and attend conference that was pictured in Consultant news?

Bren706 said:
I wonder if it is the cranberry tote for hold 2 shows in July and attend conference that was pictured in Consultant news?

No - that is in addition to the tote we will get at Conference. But I'm wondering if the one we get at conference will coordinate with the one we get for holding 2 shows and attending conference?

ChefBeckyD said:
No - that is in addition to the tote we will get at Conference. But I'm wondering if the one we get at conference will coordinate with the one we get for holding 2 shows and attending conference?

I hope so! Usually I don't care for the bags we get there; I've got 3 in my closet that I haven't used a second time!

lacychef said:
I hope so! Usually I don't care for the bags we get there; I've got 3 in my closet that I haven't used a second time!

I've given mine to recruits as a gift for qualifying.....

Colleen had some info from her NED. Apparently the tote this year is different, but not weird.I'm picturing a real messenger bag (not like the 25th anniversary bag or the one the next year) or even a backpack. But we'll all know soon enough. :)

oooh a messenger bg or backpack would be great - easier to carry than a plain tote.

well, in 24 hours we'll know, won't we LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
I've given mine to recruits as a gift for qualifying.....

Good idea when I get some motivated recruits!

janetupnorth said:

I do~ ha ha :) The rain is not friendly to my hair, I turn into a big ol frizz ball, not pretty :(
WHy do we need the PC debit card? Can we only pay for certain things that way??

I'm I alone in not liking the cranberry bag? The bag we'll get for submitting 2 shows and going to conference? It looks like a grandmother's crochet bag to me. I wouldn't ever take that out with me.

susanr613 said:
oooh a messenger bg or backpack would be great - easier to carry than a plain tote.

well, in 24 hours we'll know, won't we LOL

Please not the same type as we had for the 25th year AND the next year. That bag makes a great diaper bag but I'm far from needing that! I don't know what a regular messanger bag is but I do like the backpack idea!! Some among us will soon know!

Chef Kearns said:
I'm I alone in not liking the cranberry bag? The bag we'll get for submitting 2 shows and going to conference? It looks like a grandmother's crochet bag to me. I wouldn't ever take that out with me.

Oh, I love it! :) Are you going to conference and getting one? If you are, my director would love to take it off your hands. :love:

Do we get the bag at conference or do our 2 shows in July have to close first?

merego said:
Do we get the bag at conference or do our 2 shows in July have to close first?

The bag we get a conference is not tied to submitting shows. You get the bag for going to conference.

The cranberry and white striped bag that they show and the Pumpkin Dish are the things you get for submitting shows.

Chef Kearns said:
The bag we get a conference is not tied to submitting shows. You get the bag for going to conference.The cranberry and white striped bag that they show and the Pumpkin Dish are the things you get for submitting shows.
I think that is where some of the confusion is - The Cranberry Bag is only for those who attend conference AND submit 2 shows in July. So, you have to attend conference to get it, but you won't get it until you submit 2 July shows also. In the fine print, it says they will start shipping July 23rd, as requirements are met. So, if on July 23, you have submitted 2 shows, and also attended conference, your Cranberry Bag will ship!

Chef Kearns said:
The bag we get a conference is not tied to submitting shows. You get the bag for going to conference.

The cranberry and white striped bag that they show and the Pumpkin Dish are the things you get for submitting shows.

I think different people are talking about different bags on this thread, that is where I got lost. Thanks :)

1. What is the Pampered Chef Newswire?

The Pampered Chef Newswire is a dedicated online platform where consultants can access the latest news, updates, and information from the company. It is a valuable resource for staying informed about important announcements and events.

2. How do I access the Pampered Chef Newswire?

You can access the Pampered Chef Newswire by logging into your consultant account on the company's website. Once you are logged in, you will see a link to the Newswire on the top navigation bar. Click on it to view the latest updates and news.

3. What type of information can I find on the Pampered Chef Newswire?

The Newswire is regularly updated with information about product releases, promotions, sales, training events, and other important announcements. It also includes articles and resources to help consultants grow their business and improve their skills.

4. How often is the Pampered Chef Newswire updated?

The Newswire is updated regularly, usually multiple times per week. However, during busy periods such as conference season, updates may be more frequent. We recommend checking the Newswire regularly to stay informed about the latest news and events.

5. Can I access the Pampered Chef Newswire on my mobile device?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Newswire is accessible on both desktop and mobile devices. You can access it through your consultant account on the company's website or by downloading the Pampered Chef Consultant App. This allows you to stay connected and informed on the go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Tracie
  • KellyTheChef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • lt1jane