• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys...

The Pere Marquette was a major operation in Michigan, including operating car ferries on Lake Michigan, out of Ludington. It was acquired by the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad in 1947.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Buffetts-Berkshire-buying-apf-3016566039.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccode=

Maybe I could get back into training?

Interesting!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Maybe I could get back into training?

Maybe, but you're having too much fun writing I think! ;)

I could have a wheelie good time playing with Warren's toy trains. (I suspect he's gone loco.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I could have a wheelie good time playing with Warren's toy trains. (I suspect he's gone loco.)

LOL I am sure he wouldn't mind!

It was reported today that Berkshire Hathaway used ALL of its cash reserves to make the purchase. Buffet reportedly said he is all-in betting on the American economy. He's about 375 years old now, isn't he? If the economy continues to sputter and Berkshire Hathaway all goes into the tank, what does he care?By the way...in a twist of irony, one of the workhorses of the old railroads was the 2-8-4 locomotive known as the "Berkshire." (It was so named because of impressive tests in the Berkshire Mountains.) This one was used on the old Pere Marquette Railroad.http://www.freewebs.com/steamfans/100_1285.jpg

Hey, my husband works for a local freight line and business has been steadily picking up the last 6 months. It's a definate sign that the economy is turning around....believe it or not.Months before the nation realized that things were going down the tubes a few years back, he came home and told me that traffic was down at work and we needed to start stockpiling our savings. We did, and it kept us above water when the stuff hit the fan!Gotta love the railroad industry! It's a true predictor of our economic future.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It was reported today that Berkshire Hathaway used ALL of its cash reserves to make the purchase. Buffet reportedly said he is all-in betting on the American economy.

He's about 375 years old now, isn't he? If the economy continues to sputter and Berkshire Hathaway all goes into the tank, what does he care?

By the way...in a twist of irony, one of the workhorses of the old railroads was the 2-8-4 locomotive known as the "Berkshire." (It was so named because of impressive tests in the Berkshire Mountains.) This one was used on the old Pere Marquette Railroad.

http://www.freewebs.com/steamfans/100_1285.jpg

HEY! I recognize that train! It's sitting in a little park on the channel in Grand Haven, MI. We visit there several times a year, and always have to walk to the train to satisfy my son's obsession! :D

Becky, that is one of two Pere Marquette Berkshires that still exist. "Yours" is 1223, which was a source of parts, faithfully reproduced then returned to 1223, to keep Pere Marquette 1225 operational. 1225 is not only still operational, it was the model for the Polar Express, and sound effects from the loco were used in the film. Both have interesting histories. (The author of the Polar Express remembered the locomotive on display in Grand Rapids. Note that the number is also the date of Christmas.)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fd/PM1225.jpg/300px-PM1225.jpgThe Pere Marquette was a major operation in Michigan, including operating car ferries on Lake Michigan, out of Ludington. It was acquired by the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad in 1947.

1. What is "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys..."?

"Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys..." is the latest addition to the Pampered Chef family. It offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable for everyone.

2. How is this sister company different from Pampered Chef?

While Pampered Chef focuses on offering high-quality kitchen products through direct sales, "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys..." will primarily be an online retail store. They will also offer a different selection of products, with a focus on modern and innovative designs.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef consultant discount on products from "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys..."?

Unfortunately, no. The two companies operate independently and therefore, the discounts and promotions for Pampered Chef cannot be applied to purchases from "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys...".

4. Will there be any exclusive products available at "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys..."?

Yes, there will be some exclusive products that can only be purchased through "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys...". These products are specifically designed for the brand and cannot be found at Pampered Chef.

5. Can I still host parties and earn rewards with "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys..."?

Yes, you can! Similar to Pampered Chef, "Check Out Your New Sister Company Guys..." also offers the option to host virtual parties and earn rewards based on sales. This is a great way to get your friends and family excited about the new products and earn some free products for yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • cathyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies