• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Check Out the Bed Bath and Beyond Ad

In summary, the Furry Guy thinks that BBB's quality of products is not worth the lower price. He also thinks that the customer service is great and that the products are better quality than other brands.
vanscootin
Gold Member
Just got the latest BB&B circular and I'm browsing and what should I see? But an entire 10 piece set of leakproof glass containers for only $19.99... I wan to run around to all the mail boxes in my town and steal their circulars and shred them. :(

BB&B has quite a few items that are very similar to ours. I found our Salad Choppers there but they are called something else. I just keep that info to myself! LOL! I don't know the brands there but I KNOW PC and I know that it is absolute quality!

I personally do NOT understand why we even sell these when they are clearly the same ones from Anchor Hocking, and we can get the exact same thing from Target and Walmart at a cheaper price...

And the customer service aspect. Not many stores can you make a return with more than 90 days after purchase. Sometimes you can without a receipt get store-credit, but it's rare.We have a few products that aren't as competitive, yes, but overall, our quality of products is so worth it.
I know that sounds biased, yes, but I was a customer 10 years before I ever became a consultant. My kitchen WAS Pampered. :D

I know that our products are much better quality and the customer service is great etc etc.... but with the economy today it's hard to justify spending that when I could get an ENTIRE set for $20.00... the only difference between them is that ours say Pampered Chef on it. Even though I earned mine and have them and use them daily (that's how the hubby gets his lunch everyday) but from a customer stand point what makes ours better over other brands? Because some people only hear $$$ not $$$, quality, and customer service.

why pay for them when you can get them for free?

Brenda.the.chef said:
why pay for them when you can get them for free?

Ok... you got me there.

I had a guy purchase 2 of each size at a craft fair a few wks ago. Ca-Ching.

Nanisu said:
I personally do NOT understand why we even sell these when they are clearly the same ones from Anchor Hocking, and we can get the exact same thing from Target and Walmart at a cheaper price...

LOWER price. Do yourself a favor and get "cheaper" out of your talk. The word means shoddy, low-quality merchandise. Demeaning a competitor by saying something like "cheaper price" when you really mean "lower price" often bristles customers. If a product is, in fact, cheap, it's okay to point that out. Using "cheaper" instead of "lower price" is not very professional.

Do what you like. I'm just adding my 2¢ worth from a lifetime in retail sales.

I find that often people THINK they are buying the exact same product at bb&b or target for considerably less than the "same" product from PC. However, when they get them home, use them for a while, the reason becomes quite clear why it was only $xxx and not PC's price. My guess is that the $19.99 set from bb&b will not last like the PC version. Microwave/dishwasher the lid of the bb&b one a few too many times and the silicone seal will not be airtight anymore. PC's will be.

I am never scared by products that look like ours. I have yet to find one that truly compares, no matter what the price.The Furry Guy is very aware of when something is offered at a lower price. He looks at storage containers a lot. He has pointed out the features and benefits of our Leakproof Glass Containers vs look alike products. Ours win.

I saw the ad too but also noticed it does not say they are oven proof. Great benefit for ours to go from freezer/refrigerator to oven....not just microwave

Many times when I begin telling people about or showing them our can opener, I'll hear, "I have one just like that." However, if they didn't get one from PC, then they don't have one JUST LIKE THAT! When I continue to show them what ours does and how it works, they will usually realize that their's is not just like ours!

I didn't see the ad, but I checked BBB's website, ALL of their Anchor Hocking containers are PLASTIC. I haven't found anything like the PC containers around here. The closest are Rubbermaid which aren't the same and have a similar price.

So far, I only have the 1.5 cup and the 5.5 cup containers, I WILL be buying more. I will buy one or two of the 3 cup ones, but I use my prep bowls all the time which are similar enough for general food storage and less expensive that I will have more of them. I plan to evenually have about four 5.5 cuip containers and two 8 cup containers. Plastic containers in my kitchen are on the endangered species list...

I saw the ad. There are 2 varieties, one is plastic, one is glass. The glass isn't oven-safe though. It just said microwave and freezer safe. Ours being oven safe is a bonus...but how many people will actually care? Maybe it's great for those with toaster ovens. ;) They may still opt for the BBB ones due to the huge price difference.

I agree these containers are over priced. QVC has some really nice sets which are oven safe and leak proof. Here is one of them which is only $29.99:http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K34008.desc.Lock-Lock-6piece-Round-Rectangle-Glass-Storage-SetI like to watch prices and new items other companies have - it's my obsession with kitchen products:)! Sometimes I wish I didn't know because it does make it hard for me to sell a product.

I just did a show tonight and a lady made fun of the food chopper. She said she bought the Slap Chop and it didn't work, and she threw it out. I said "that's because it wasn't Pampered Chef." I invited her to try our FC.

She bought one.

I have seen some very similar to the PC ones at Kohl's in the Food Network products display. However, ours are "lower" priced:)

What items are on sale in the Bed Bath and Beyond ad?

The specific items on sale in the Bed Bath and Beyond ad may vary, but typically include kitchen gadgets, cookware, small appliances, bedding, and bath essentials.

When does the Bed Bath and Beyond ad come out?

The Bed Bath and Beyond ad is released on a weekly basis, typically on Sundays. However, the exact release date may vary depending on your location.

Can I use Bed Bath and Beyond coupons on sale items?

Yes, Bed Bath and Beyond allows customers to use their coupons on sale items, unless otherwise stated on the coupon.

Can I use multiple coupons on one item at Bed Bath and Beyond?

No, Bed Bath and Beyond only allows one coupon per item. However, you can use multiple coupons on multiple items in one transaction.

Can I use my Bed Bath and Beyond coupons at other stores?

No, Bed Bath and Beyond coupons can only be used at Bed Bath and Beyond stores and on their website. They cannot be used at other stores that sell their products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Zombielicious
  • pamperedalf
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies