• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Quick and Budget-Friendly Dinner Idea for Tonight?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a suggestion for a dinner that is quick and easy to make, with a specific recommendation for a delicious Spinach Carbonara Pizza that includes bacon. The recipe and instructions for making the pizza were also shared.
dkitten13
I know this is the kind of stuff we try to sell people on but I am in really bad shape with limited time tonight! Was thinking some sort of Bar Pan Pizza, maybe with bacon? Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you have the right ingredients the Spinach Cabonara Pizza is awesome and it has bacon on it!

Spinach Carbonara Pizza
1 pkg (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust 6 slices bacon, divided
1 pkg (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups) 2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 oz grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup packed) 1 cup jarred Alfredo pasta sauce
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 450°F. Unroll dough over bottom of lightly greased Large Bar Pan. Gently stretch and press dough to cover bottom of bar pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown; remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Meanwhile, slice bacon into 1/4-in. pieces; cook in (8-in.) Sauté Pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; drain on paper towels. Place spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press into Classic Batter Bowl. Cover batter bowl; microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Carefully remove lid; press spinach to side of batter bowl using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Dab excess moisture with paper towels and set aside. Grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Grater; set aside. Finely chop half of the bacon using Food Chopper. Measure Alfredo sauce in (2-cup) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Add chopped bacon and black pepper to Alfredo sauce; mix well. To assemble pizza, spread sauce to edges of crust. Top sauce completely with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, spinach mixture and remaining bacon. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and additional black pepper, if desired. • Bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cut pizza into squares using Pizza Cutter. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 6 servings

ChefPaulaB said:
If you have the right ingredients the Spinach Cabonara Pizza is awesome and it has bacon on it!

Spinach Carbonara Pizza
1 pkg (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust 6 slices bacon, divided
1 pkg (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups) 2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 oz grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup packed) 1 cup jarred Alfredo pasta sauce
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 450°F. Unroll dough over bottom of lightly greased Large Bar Pan. Gently stretch and press dough to cover bottom of bar pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown; remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Meanwhile, slice bacon into 1/4-in. pieces; cook in (8-in.) Sauté Pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; drain on paper towels. Place spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press into Classic Batter Bowl. Cover batter bowl; microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Carefully remove lid; press spinach to side of batter bowl using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Dab excess moisture with paper towels and set aside. Grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Grater; set aside. Finely chop half of the bacon using Food Chopper. Measure Alfredo sauce in (2-cup) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Add chopped bacon and black pepper to Alfredo sauce; mix well. To assemble pizza, spread sauce to edges of crust. Top sauce completely with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, spinach mixture and remaining bacon. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and additional black pepper, if desired. • Bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cut pizza into squares using Pizza Cutter. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 6 servings

This is what I was going to recommend! YUM!

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I was going to recommend! YUM!

Me too! LOL

Crystal Patton said:
Me too! LOL

Thats what "I" want for dinner!!! But were having Brisket instead....:(

What ingredients do I need for this "Cheap Easy Recipe for Tonight!"?

The ingredients for this recipe will vary depending on which recipe you choose to make. However, most of our "Cheap Easy Recipes for Tonight!" call for basic pantry staples such as rice, pasta, canned beans, vegetables, and protein sources like chicken or ground beef. You can also add in any additional ingredients or seasonings to your liking.

How long does it take to make this "Cheap Easy Recipe for Tonight!"?

The time it takes to make this recipe will also vary depending on the specific dish you choose to make. However, most of our "Cheap Easy Recipes for Tonight!" can be made in under 30 minutes, making them perfect for weeknight meals when time is limited.

Can I substitute ingredients in this "Cheap Easy Recipe for Tonight!"?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in this recipe to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, if you are vegetarian, you can substitute the protein source with tofu or beans. If you have allergies, you can also substitute certain ingredients with alternatives that work for you. Feel free to get creative and make this recipe your own!

How many servings does this "Cheap Easy Recipe for Tonight!" make?

The number of servings will depend on the recipe you choose to make. However, most of our "Cheap Easy Recipes for Tonight!" make 4-6 servings, making them perfect for families or meal prepping for the week.

Can I make this "Cheap Easy Recipe for Tonight!" ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make this recipe ahead of time. Many of our "Cheap Easy Recipes for Tonight!" can be prepared and stored in the fridge or freezer for later consumption. This is a great option for busy weeknights or if you want to have leftovers for lunch the next day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
higoobs
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • K_Jurich