• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Simple, Nut-Free Dessert Recipe I Can Make with Limited Resources?

although they are not obligated to follow the recipe to the letter. Some hosts choose to make the recipe as written, while others tweak it to their own liking. I do this in the large bar pan and use the larger tube of cookie dough (or two small ones). Bake that until golden brown. This needs to be done well ahead so it has time to cool. Then at the party mix together 8 oz cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar, spread over cookie. Mix up chocolate pudding (make sure you don't use anything but regular chocolate) with pint of half and half, let set and mix over cream cheese. What I do after this isn't in the normal recipe but the recipe that was handed
Jennie50
I have a noon show tomorrow, and the host wants me to prepare something sweet as a second recipe. Unfortunately, I don't have a Rice Cooker for the lava cake, a Trifle Bowl for the trifle desserts, a Deluxe Mini Muffin pan for Smores Cups or any of the like, and I'll be using the DCB for the main dish, so the Rocky Road Brownie is out. P.S., I'm allergic to tree nuts (not peanuts), so I can't make the Warm Nutty Brownies people seem to rave about. Any cheap, easy dessert recipes you have that I can make with these limited resources? Thanks for your help!

Do you have the Deep Covered Baker to do the Molten Lava Cake in????

I do have the DCB, but I'll be using it for the Chipolte Chili Cornbread Bake.

Chocolate chip sensation is good but you need to prebake the cookie crust. All you do after that is add the three layers of toppings and it's done. If you need the recipe let me know.On another note, one recipe per show is good enough. Your host can opt to make other items for her guests but remember we aren't caterers. We are there to show off the tools.

Oh darn. This is "out of the box" but I wonder if you could make the same simple cake in the batter bowl?

wadesgirl said:
Chocolate chip sensation is good but you need to prebake the cookie crust. All you do after that is add the three layers of toppings and it's done. If you need the recipe let me know.

On another note, one recipe per show is good enough. Your host can opt to make other items for her guests but remember we aren't caterers. We are there to show off the tools.

I searched the Files for the Chocolate Chip Sensation, and it DOES sound good! I don't have the round stone, though...is the package of cookie dough large enough to cover the Large Bar Pan? Too thin a layer?

In regard to the one-recipe thing, I'm a pushover. I come from a big family with a long line of good cooks...I'm always worried about not having enough food for people! And the show's at noon, so people are going to come hungry. And I always like a sweet bite with my meals too. And I'm new and want to make people want to book with me! And I want to pamper the hosts and not make them feel responsible for anything but getting people there. And, and, and...

How DO you say "no" when a host asks for something beyond what you've offered?

naekelsey said:
Oh darn. This is "out of the box" but I wonder if you could make the same simple cake in the batter bowl?

What are the specs on how to do that? Just mix the cake as normal and bake in microwave?

Jennie50 said:
I searched the Files for the Chocolate Chip Sensation, and it DOES sound good! I don't have the round stone, though...is the package of cookie dough large enough to cover the Large Bar Pan? Too thin a layer?

In regard to the one-recipe thing, I'm a pushover. I come from a big family with a long line of good cooks...I'm always worried about not having enough food for people! And the show's at noon, so people are going to come hungry. And I always like a sweet bite with my meals too. And I'm new and want to make people want to book with me! And I want to pamper the hosts and not make them feel responsible for anything but getting people there. And, and, and...

How DO you say "no" when a host asks for something beyond what you've offered?

I do this in the large bar pan and use the larger tube of cookie dough (or two small ones). Bake that until golden brown. This needs to be done well ahead so it has time to cool. Then at the party mix together 8 oz cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar, spread over cookie. Mix up chocolate pudding (make sure you don't use anything but regular chocolate) with pint of half and half, let set and mix over cream cheese. What I do after this isn't in the normal recipe but the recipe that was handed down to me by my director. Top with cool whip - usually just less than one small tub of cool whip and then grate a hershey's bar over it.

I provide my hosts with a list of 3-4 recipes that I offer all season long (6 months, I change when the new catalog comes out). On that list it tells them to pick ONE recipe and provide the ingredients for it. if they ask for more I tell them that I can provide them with recipes if they want to make other recipes but for time sakes and to limit the number of products I bring, I only make one for the party. I've never had a problem with this. It's not our job to prepare all the recipes. If they are expecting a large crowd it's their job to provide extra food. I have some hosts who only do what ever recipe we make and other hosts who serve a ton of food on the side.

Jennie50 said:
What are the specs on how to do that? Just mix the cake as normal and bake in microwave?

I was thinking you could cook in the oven since you can make cakes in batter bowl in the oven. or maybe you could do it in the microwave.

You make the cake mix with the items the box says. Then using the med scoop, scoop 10-12 scoops of frosting on the top of the cake. DO NOT mix it in.

Bake in the microwave for 10-12 min. Most microwaves it is only 10 min. You will know it is done when the cake looks like a done cake. (this part is for the DCB so you would have to mess with it to see what works)

The frosting sinks to the bottom.

Taffy Apple Pizza? Do you have the apple peeler?

naekelsey said:
Do you have the Deep Covered Baker to do the Molten Lava Cake in????

Where do I find the receipe for the molten lava cake in the DCB?

mgranich said:
Where do I find the receipe for the molten lava cake in the DCB?

1 box devil's food cake mix, plus ingredients to make it (egg, oil, water)
1 can chocolate icing

Oops, didn't finish!

Mix cake together as directed, with stainless whisk. Pour in dcb. Use medium scoop to scoop the icing around the batter. Bake in microwave 10-12 minutes without the lid. You'll know it's done when the center of the top is done and it jiggles around in the melted icing, aka "lava".

pchockeymom said:
1 box devil's food cake mix, plus ingredients to make it (egg, oil, water)
1 can chocolate icing

I have made that in the fluted pan before. Same concept in the deep covered baker? Just pour in the cake batter and add scoops of frosting on top? How long do you bake in DCB? With the fluted pan I typically flip the cake on a platter so the frosting runs down the entire cake - do you flip it out of the DCB or just serve it in there?

I don't flip the cake from the dcb to a platter simply because it is too darn heavy! That's why I also don't do it in the fluted stone (plus I'd rather sell a dcb than a fluted stone). When I've done it in the rice cooker I flip it onto a platter.

What are some cheap and easy dessert recipe options?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can recommend some of our most popular dessert recipes that are both budget-friendly and easy to make. One option is our 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake, which only requires a few ingredients and can be made in the microwave. Another option is our Fruit Pizza, which uses pre-made sugar cookie dough and fresh fruit for a delicious and affordable dessert.

Do you have any dessert recipes that are suitable for a large group?

Yes, we have plenty of dessert recipes that can feed a crowd! Our Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is a hit at parties and can easily be doubled or tripled to serve more people. Our Banana Split Bites are also a great option for a large group, as they are bite-sized and can be customized with different toppings.

Are there any gluten-free or dairy-free dessert recipes available?

We have a variety of dessert recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions. Our No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are both gluten-free and dairy-free, and they are always a hit with our customers. Another option is our Apple Crisp, which can be made with gluten-free oats and dairy-free butter.

Do you have any dessert recipes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, we have plenty of dessert recipes that kids will love! Our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip is always a hit with children, and it's a fun and easy dessert to make together. Our Rainbow Fruit Kabobs are also a great option for kids, as they are colorful and can be customized with their favorite fruits.

Are there any no-bake dessert recipes available?

Absolutely! We have several no-bake dessert recipes that are perfect for those hot summer days when you don't want to turn on the oven. Our No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake is always a crowd-pleaser, and our Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a quick and easy no-bake dessert option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TinasKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • KellyTheChef