• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Icing to Use on a Chocolate Cake in a Fluted Pan?

In summary, the conversation discusses different variations of chocolate cake recipes in a fluted pan and the amount of frosting to use. One person suggests using only half a can of chocolate frosting and adding peanut butter, while also mentioning the importance of using a good quality microwave for best results.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
Please- I always did the DCB- But I am mad at it now....
So I will use the fluted pan that everyone can have :)

Help-

Choc cake in oiled pan- icing on top- HOW MUCH???

whole can or 1/2 can????

Please advise I have a show tomorrow night thanks!

I make the quick Pumpkin Spice Cake VARIATION CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE in the All The Best cookbook pg. 123 in the fluted pan it is very good but last night I made it @ a show, she had a very small microwave 700 watt and it didn't turn out 1st time ussally works like a charm people love it .

The Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries is super yummy!

Or you can do the "quick" version ... Devils's food cake mix (prepared as directed on the box), pour it in the oiled pan & cook in the microwave until done (toothpick comes out clean). Invert on serving platter (large round platter if you have it, as the icing might run off the Cake Pedestal) and let it sit for 10 min's. Gently lift off the stone. Remove ALL of the foil from the top of a can of chocolate HOMESTYLE icing (don't get the whipped or the other one that's a medium consistency ... you want the thicker consistency). Melt in microwave until it's easy to pour. Dip strawberries & lay around edge. Drizzle melted icing from inside of cake to outside of the cake, allowing it to go almost to the serving platter before you go back to the top. Don't let the icing fill the center. You want it to come over that edge a bit, but not all the way down the hole. Once you've emptied that tub of icing, you can use the egg slicer to fill the center with strawberry slices. DONE! :D Sometimes (after removing the stone) I'll still melt the strawberry jam & do the exterior coating for the glazed look, other times I'm lazy. For bake sales, it's a quicker verision & you can get a nice price for it! :D

nancycookspc said:
Please- I always did the DCB- But I am mad at it now....
So I will use the fluted pan that everyone can have :)

Help-

Choc cake in oiled pan- icing on top- HOW MUCH???

whole can or 1/2 can????

Please advise I have a show tomorrow night thanks!

I personally use only half the can; I use small PC scoop and plop the icing blobs all around on top of the batter pretty evenly spaced from the pan edges. Hope that makes sense. I also have added about 4 small scoops of peanut butter in addition to the half a can of chocolate frosting. The key to a good result is a decently powered rotating turntable microwave.​

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with the Deep Covered Baker and I'm glad you've found a solution with the fluted pan. As for the chocolate cake, I would recommend using the whole can of icing for a richer and more indulgent flavor. However, if you prefer a lighter icing, you can use half of the can. It ultimately depends on your personal preference. I hope this helps and good luck with your show tomorrow night! Happy cooking!

1. How do I prevent my chocolate cake from sticking to the fluted pan?

To prevent your chocolate cake from sticking to the fluted pan, be sure to generously grease the pan with butter or oil before pouring in the batter. You can also use a non-stick cooking spray for an easier release.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix for the chocolate cake in a fluted pan?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix for the chocolate cake in a fluted pan. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box and adjust the baking time accordingly for the fluted pan.

3. How do I know when the chocolate cake is done baking in the fluted pan?

To check if the chocolate cake is done baking, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. You can also gently press on the top of the cake and if it springs back, it is done baking.

4. Can I add any other ingredients to the chocolate cake batter in the fluted pan?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to the chocolate cake batter in the fluted pan for added flavor and texture. Just be sure to evenly distribute the ingredients throughout the batter.

5. How do I remove the chocolate cake from the fluted pan without it breaking?

To remove the chocolate cake from the fluted pan without it breaking, let it cool for about 10 minutes before gently running a knife along the edges of the pan. Then, place a plate or serving platter on top of the pan and carefully flip it over to release the cake onto the plate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies