• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chatty Kathy's and Pampered Chef Parties: How to Manage!

In summary, Rachel is trying to figure out a way to get the chatty Kathy's to pay attention to her presentation. She has tried different methods, but has yet to find one that works consistently.
Kelley Sells
Okay, so for the 2nd time in two weeks, I did my show to a string of Chatty Kathy's.....no matter HOW loudly I talked, they would continue on even LOUDER....LOL....

Last week it was a group of about 13-15 women (in and out and talking).....
I KNOW i should have better control of them, I tried getting them involved, but it just seems that they like to "gather" and ALL of them own PC and have been to SEVERAL shows......hmpf.....last week I ended up doing pretty much an express show....LOL...

How do you all handle the chatty's....I'm trying to think of a unique way to capture their attention, I can sing, maybe singing my show would capture them? :eek:

I've tried just one of the games and THAT was a flop.....then I tried the Got it, love it, love it gotta have it....but THAT was lame......

And mind you I am STILL not into the flow on my show.......

BUT the Egg separator and the Madonna's costume reference seems to keep them howling.......

I just tell them, "and this is where Madonna got her costume idea (as I hold it close to my chest)....yup, she was using the egg seperator and leaned over too far and when she stood up, well, you know the rest....."

It's not my group of ladies I know it is me......I'm just looking for some ideas on how to capture....the video from PC is really kinda lame and only ONCE have I had that atmosphere and it was in my own home.....LOL......

Yes, I am trying to get with my Director to view her shows.....as the one I met her at was caotic...and she was FUN......

Hi Kelley,

I have yet to find that perfect solution, either! The best I have done so far is to play the 'got it, love it, gotta have it' game with tickets. I ask for a volunteer to help and give them the roll of tickets. I tell them that every time someone either has a product or is planning to buy a product, they get to give out a ticket for the drawing. (I use 2 part tickets so they don't have to write their name down.)

So far, that has been the best way to keep a lid on the chaos!

I find my bigger problem is with a bunch of quiet and shy women. I just feel very 'talkative' sometimes and wonder if I am boring them to death. I really need to figure out a way to liven up the group!

Love,
Rachel

I don't know of anything that will work everytime. I have actually told a group of women to "shut up!" before...granted it was all very extended family (my SIL's SIL and her family and friends) and that worked but everyone laughed at me. I have also (jokingly) ignored questions and finally responed with "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were asking a question since everybody was talking" I do find that if I start asking them questions that they start to pay attention since they want to know the answer.

Rachel, I know what you mean about the quite ones...I find that the ones that are most quiet in a group are most interested either in the products or the opportunity so I tend to speak more directly to them.

You can stop your presentation and start looking under the table. Someone will ask what you're looking for and you say "Control. I think I lost it a long time ago."

I have a group of women that are basically shy with one or two (for lack of a better term) LOUD MOUTHS! They shy ones are kinda hard to bring out of their shell. I just normally try to be myself and add a little humor. Another thing I've been doing is to use chocolate. Have them ask questions for the chocolate or better yet ASK THEM QUESTIONS. Give them a chocolate for talking about a product. Give the person with the most chocolate money off their order or a free gift.

This is what I do!
DebbieJ said:
You can stop your presentation and start looking under the table. Someone will ask what you're looking for and you say "Control. I think I lost it a long time ago."

I make a big production of it though.

I start off by COMPLETELY stopping my show, and then I start looking on my work station.

If that doesn't get their attention after a minute or so, I start looking under and around my work station throwing in a little sigh periodically for dramatic effect...

If that doesn't get their attention, then I start walking in among their chairs, looking under their seats. Sometimes I'll stop and put a thinking look (ala Pooh Bear) on my face...by this point somebody will usually ask...

"What are you doing"...or my personal favorite "Can I/we help you look for something?"

To which I reply..."Somewhere along the way, I seem to have lost control...could you please help me find it?"

I find this very effective. It lets them know they are being inconsiderate without me having to say "Listen up, b****es, you may not care, but this is my job...PAY ATTENTION!"

Which, of course, I would never do...but I have felt like it sometimes! This method also works to lessen the tention I have been feeling...

I find that the more goofy and dramatic you make it, the more people laugh, and then sit and actually watch!

Sometimes, you then have to encourage them to have fun WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING, not amongst themselves!

Hope this little trick helps...

Last edited:
I find that when you involve them, it helps. Ask them if they have a (fill in the blank) "Who has this? Tell us all how much you love it!"Also, my director pointed out that those people often buy. They are there to have fun, not be yelled at like schoolkids talking in class. Make it fun for them!

get closeAnother thing that will help, as the group gets louder and louder, walk toward them, the closer you get to people and invade their personal space the closer attention they pay you. Even if you have to stay in their midst to get a point across.
Good luck

Kel
I like Karens idea.. start to move from behind your table and get close.

or you can just sit down with them and when they look at you say Oh thats right, I was so involved in what you were talking about I forgot that I actually am supposed to be in charge here huh? lol Or I figured your conversation was better than what I was talking about lol

Of course I'd never have enough nerve but I think its funny.

I start out saying "for those who want to listen please sit up front and for those who already been to several parties talk among yourselves”. :)

Sometimes it helps to go over towards the "distractors" and ask them a question directly. If you're standing by them, it kind of "catches them out of class" and they get quiet. Another thing, give them some cards with PC information on them. Tell them to read off the cards when you ring a bell. Ring the bell when they start talking among themselves. However, if they're talking about Pampeted Chef stuff, let them talk to everybody about what they like.

Trish
Going on 7 months
Getting ready to sign 1st recruit
Wave 1

1. What is a Chatty Kathy and how does it relate to Pampered Chef Parties?

A Chatty Kathy is a term used to describe a person who talks a lot and dominates the conversation. In the context of Pampered Chef Parties, a Chatty Kathy is someone who may talk too much and prevent other guests from participating or listening to the presentation. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to manage Chatty Kathys to ensure a successful party.

2. How can I prevent a Chatty Kathy from taking over my Pampered Chef Party?

One way to prevent a Chatty Kathy from dominating the party is to set ground rules at the beginning. Let the guests know that everyone will have a chance to speak and participate, and kindly remind the Chatty Kathy to give others a chance to share. You can also plan interactive activities that involve all guests, such as recipe demonstrations or games, to keep the party running smoothly.

3. How can I politely redirect a Chatty Kathy during a Pampered Chef Party?

If a Chatty Kathy does start to take over the party, it is important to politely redirect their attention. You can do this by acknowledging their contribution and then smoothly transitioning to another topic or activity. For example, you can say something like, "Thank you for sharing your experience with our products. Now, let's move on to our next recipe demonstration."

4. What should I do if a Chatty Kathy is not following the party schedule?

If a Chatty Kathy is disrupting the party schedule, it is important to gently remind them of the time and the activities that need to be covered. You can also ask for their help in keeping the party on track and involve them in helping to move on to the next activity. This will make them feel included and valued, while also keeping the party on schedule.

5. How can I effectively manage a Chatty Kathy without being rude?

Managing a Chatty Kathy can be challenging, but it is important to do so in a polite and respectful manner. Remember to always acknowledge their contributions and opinions, but also gently redirect the conversation back to the party agenda. You can also use non-verbal cues, such as making eye contact with other guests or using hand gestures, to signal to the Chatty Kathy that it is time for others to speak. Overall, the key is to be assertive yet kind in managing a Chatty Kathy during a Pampered Chef Party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies