• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chatty Guests...

Nov 28, 2005
Here's my issue... I LOVE these guests - they love the products, they host & attend shows regularly, they are just all-around awesome people! BUT they talk constantly during shows! I know that part of it is that in the past 2 months, they've been to almost 4 of my shows, so they know my routine. It wouldn't bother me AT ALL if they were talking-up what product I'm using, or even just talking to their neighbor. What grates on my nerves is that they talk across the room, discuss random stuff, tell personal non-PC stories, etc. It was really bad this weekend at my show - I basically ended up feeling like I was interrupting them to tell about the products. I have 2 more shows this month where I expect to see them (I know, I've gotta break out of this circle soon!). Anyway, I was thinking about letting them get more involved in the show by asking them to demo products & really help out at the show. Has anyone got any other ideas? Do you think this would work? I don't think I can make it through another show without doing something differently!

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
i always try to get my guests involved by using a tool. you could also ask them lots of questions or play a game that involves them listening and aswering. or tell them that since so many people are wanting to talk now would be a good time to play the game where you set the timer for like 5 min. and have them ask questions about PC. HTH!!

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
Someone posted...

awhile ago that when they "lose" control of their guests that they just squat down and start looking for something. When someone asks what's wrong she says "I seem to have lost control and I was just looking for it again!" You might search for that post. I'm going to try it myself tomorrow. I've got a show 20 to 30 yes's! I hope this is my $1000 show! I just beat my best again. The last one was $768.76 and my show from this past Saturday is at $809!:D So, I'll eventually get there!

DebbieSAChef

Jan 17, 2006
Play games and ask questions!

I play a game with my rowdy crowd called "Where is it in the catalog?" I tell them they have to pay attention or they won't win the game. At the end of my demo, and I would be sure to make it a quick demo since these are the same people and yes get someone to chop, squeeze garlic, etc while you talk, I will ask them "what page is the chopper on?" What page is the garlic press on?
I use products I am demonstrating and then whoever gets the most wins. They just shout them out and I keep track, or they definitely will. Also ask them questions during your demo, it might be ok to interrupt the consultant in their eyes, but to interrupt a fellow guest is another thing. Ask them to tell you their fav, products, what they would get in the catalog if money grew on trees, what would they like to give as a gift in Christmas.....
Debbie

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
ha ha...

DZmom said:
awhile ago that when they "lose" control of their guests that they just squat down and start looking for something. When someone asks what's wrong she says "I seem to have lost control and I was just looking for it again!"

Donna,

Thank you so much for sharing that funny one-liner!! I have never heard it before! I have many team members that don't know what to do when they lose control of a show...now I have a great line for them! And of course, I am sure I will use it as well!

Smiles,