• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tackling Talkative Guests: Solutions for Hosts

In summary, Debbie reported that when she loses control of her guests, she just squats down and looks for something.
ErinPC
Here's my issue... I LOVE these guests - they love the products, they host & attend shows regularly, they are just all-around awesome people! BUT they talk constantly during shows! I know that part of it is that in the past 2 months, they've been to almost 4 of my shows, so they know my routine. It wouldn't bother me AT ALL if they were talking-up what product I'm using, or even just talking to their neighbor. What grates on my nerves is that they talk across the room, discuss random stuff, tell personal non-PC stories, etc. It was really bad this weekend at my show - I basically ended up feeling like I was interrupting them to tell about the products. I have 2 more shows this month where I expect to see them (I know, I've gotta break out of this circle soon!). Anyway, I was thinking about letting them get more involved in the show by asking them to demo products & really help out at the show. Has anyone got any other ideas? Do you think this would work? I don't think I can make it through another show without doing something differently!

i always try to get my guests involved by using a tool. you could also ask them lots of questions or play a game that involves them listening and aswering. or tell them that since so many people are wanting to talk now would be a good time to play the game where you set the timer for like 5 min. and have them ask questions about PC. HTH!!

Someone posted...awhile ago that when they "lose" control of their guests that they just squat down and start looking for something. When someone asks what's wrong she says "I seem to have lost control and I was just looking for it again!" You might search for that post. I'm going to try it myself tomorrow. I've got a show 20 to 30 yes's! I hope this is my $1000 show! I just beat my best again. The last one was $768.76 and my show from this past Saturday is at $809!:D So, I'll eventually get there!

Play games and ask questions!I play a game with my rowdy crowd called "Where is it in the catalog?" I tell them they have to pay attention or they won't win the game. At the end of my demo, and I would be sure to make it a quick demo since these are the same people and yes get someone to chop, squeeze garlic, etc while you talk, I will ask them "what page is the chopper on?" What page is the garlic press on?
I use products I am demonstrating and then whoever gets the most wins. They just shout them out and I keep track, or they definitely will. Also ask them questions during your demo, it might be ok to interrupt the consultant in their eyes, but to interrupt a fellow guest is another thing. Ask them to tell you their fav, products, what they would get in the catalog if money grew on trees, what would they like to give as a gift in Christmas.....
Debbie

ha ha...
DZmom said:
awhile ago that when they "lose" control of their guests that they just squat down and start looking for something. When someone asks what's wrong she says "I seem to have lost control and I was just looking for it again!"

Donna,

Thank you so much for sharing that funny one-liner!! I have never heard it before! I have many team members that don't know what to do when they lose control of a show...now I have a great line for them! And of course, I am sure I will use it as well!

Smiles,

1. How do I politely manage a talkative guest during my Pampered Chef party?

One solution for managing a talkative guest is to redirect the conversation back to the party by asking them questions about the products or recipes being demonstrated. You can also politely excuse yourself to attend to other guests or tasks, or ask another guest to join in the conversation to help balance the energy.

2. What if the talkative guest is disrupting the flow of the party?

If the talkative guest is disrupting the flow of the party, you can kindly remind them that there are other guests who would also like to participate and hear about the products. You can also suggest taking a short break from talking to allow other guests to ask questions or place orders.

3. How can I make sure the talkative guest doesn't dominate the conversation?

To prevent a talkative guest from dominating the conversation, it's important to set clear boundaries from the beginning. Let them know that everyone will have a chance to ask questions and participate, and that you will be moving on to the next portion of the party at a certain time. You can also use a timer to limit the amount of time each guest can speak.

4. What if the talkative guest is also a close friend or family member?

If the talkative guest is a close friend or family member, you can have a private conversation with them before the party and kindly explain your role as the host and the importance of involving all guests. You can also ask them to help you by keeping an eye out for other guests who may have questions or want to participate.

5. How can I make sure the talkative guest feels included without letting them take over?

To make sure the talkative guest feels included without dominating the conversation, you can involve them in specific tasks or activities, such as helping with food or drinks, passing out catalogs, or demonstrating a product. This can help them feel like they are contributing to the party without taking over the conversation. You can also make a point to include them in group discussions and ask for their opinions or thoughts on products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • avelissar
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
byrd1956