• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Charm Bracelet Slipping - Is This Normal?

In summary, some people have had problems with the spacers on their charms slipping, others have had problems with the bands not fitting well, and still others have had problems with the charms breaking.
Kelly8
I love the charm bracelet we're getting! So cute! But my charms keep slipping right by the spacers. Does anyone else have this problem? I thought maybe it was just the apple wedger charm but I'm finding it's all the charms I have so far. I don't want to call if it's just the design and everyone is having an issue but if it's just me then I'll call.

yep. I have the same issue. The spacers are useless. Hopefully when we fill the bracelet it won't matter. ;)

My charms kept getting stuck on the spacers. Drove me batty (okay, battier). I put a small, orthodontic band between the charms and the spacers. Works beautifully. If I'd known anyone using those bands I'd have gotten some from them. As it was, I got a bag of 100 from a local orthodontist's office. They cost me $1, and now I have small bands for all kinds of things.

raebates said:
My charms kept getting stuck on the spacers. Drove me batty (okay, battier). I put a small, orthodontic band between the charms and the spacers. Works beautifully. If I'd known anyone using those bands I'd have gotten some from them. As it was, I got a bag of 100 from a local orthodontist's office. They cost me $1, and now I have small bands for all kinds of things.

I don't understand. Can you see the ortho bands on the bracelet? Maybe a picture?

Yes, you can see the bands. I don't think they look bad--kind of like bumpers they have on some pieces. Here's close-up. The bands are nice and stretchy, so they go on and come off easily for adding charms.

Attachments

• Bracelet.jpg
    Bracelet.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 701
I wonder if we should call and let them know. It's annoying to wear so I know I won't very much, and doesn't that defeat the purpose?

raebates said:
Yes, you can see the bands. I don't think they look bad--kind of like bumpers they have on some pieces. Here's close-up. The bands are nice and stretchy, so they go on and come off easily for adding charms.

That's an awesome idea! What also works great are the clear rubber bands that you use for your hair. You can get them at the dollar tree or walmart. They are mini rubber bands.....super small. You can find them in the hair section. :)

I have earned the September one and the 2 for October and mine are doing the same thing......it's hard to get it over the spacer when you first put it on and then they just go right over when you don't want them to. Are there other charms we can put on there because I should earn all 8 that we can but that doesn't seem like enough to cover it.

I think there are other charms, I know the TL and above who went to Sizzle (Leadership Conference) in Denver got one. There was mention of one for something else (I want to sale sales, I think). I am betting we will still have promos for filling it next year.

I looked all over for those, Priscilla, but couldn't find tiny clear ones. That's why I went to the dental bands.

I keep telling myself it will be fine once it's full. My executive had hers on at Sizzle and it was full! Looked awesome!

I could not get the charm over the spacer. It was like it was stripped. I called and they are replacing it. Its been quite awhile since I have sent it back and still no replacement. It sounds to me like there are many problems with these. :(

D Levad said:
I could not get the charm over the spacer. It was like it was stripped. I called and they are replacing it. Its been quite awhile since I have sent it back and still no replacement. It sounds to me like there are many problems with these. :(

My apple wedges acted like it didn't want to go over the spacer but it finally did. My sizzle charm was the complete opposite.

D Levad said:

I had to send my sizzle charm back as it broke off the second time I wore it. It finally shipped and I should get it by Tuesday. The label they send is smartpost which takes a slow boat to get to them and then they have to process it and then they send the replacement by slow boat. I can't believe smartpost costs less than a stamp. Those charms would easily fit in a regular envelope and we'd get it in less than a week even with processing. lol

I submitted 4 shows on the same day and I got one charm for the 2 shows one day and then the other charm for 4 shows a couple of days later in one of those manilla-colored envelopes. You would think that with all the raising of shipping charges they did, that they would combine things like that. 2 of those charms could have very easily fit in that envelope.

BethCooks4U said:
I had to send my sizzle charm back as it broke off the second time I wore it. It finally shipped and I should get it by Tuesday. The label they send is smartpost which takes a slow boat to get to them and then they have to process it and then they send the replacement by slow boat. I can't believe smartpost costs less than a stamp. Those charms would easily fit in a regular envelope and we'd get it in less than a week even with processing. lol

monicag said:
I submitted 4 shows on the same day and I got one charm for the 2 shows one day and then the other charm for 4 shows a couple of days later in one of those manilla-colored envelopes. You would think that with all the raising of shipping charges they did, that they would combine things like that. 2 of those charms could have very easily fit in that envelope.

Businesses aren't very smart when it comes to shipping. I live in Alaska and sometimes I want to order something small online and the business wants to charge me $28.73 for shipping via UPS when they could simply drop it in an envelope and mail it through USPS for a couple stamps. Because of this, they lose a sale.

monicag said:

They probably have them all packaged and ready to go so they cannot put them together

My bf showed me that the charms twist over the stoppers. Much easier getting the charms over them. I haven't had any problems with them staying

many craft stores (Michaels/Joann's, etc) sell beads for these types of bracelets and they also have "clips" that snap over the spacer area to keep the beads from sliding all over the place. I have them on my bracelet from my family and they work wonders. I think I paid like $5 for a set of two.

I looked and looked for something like that. Even asked. No one at Hobby Lobby or Michael's in my area knew of anything. Didn't think to check JoAnn.

ok. I just got my bracelet...and I feel dumb, but how on earth do I get the charms on?? I can't figure out how to get them onto the chain (which end, how does it come off, etc?)

esavvymom said:
ok. I just got my bracelet...and I feel dumb, but how on earth do I get the charms on?? I can't figure out how to get them onto the chain (which end, how does it come off, etc?)

hi
unscrew the end with the chef's hat. when you get to the spacers you will have to rotate your charm over it. takes a bit but it goes over. hope it makes sense:D

DawnH said:
hi
unscrew the end with the chef's hat. when you get to the spacers you will have to rotate your charm over it. takes a bit but it goes over. hope it makes sense:D

Got it! I thought that was where it would go but I wasnt twisting hard enough to loosen the end. i was afraid I would break it. Thanks. :D

What are the breakdown of the charms we receive I just earned the braclet and charms for October?

They are listed on Consultant's Corner.....not sure of each month, but I know I earned the stainless bowls and food chopper in October.

I found stopper beads at Michaels. They work awesome and look like they came with the bracelet. There are probably 10-12 beads in the package and were roughly $5 but then on sale for 40% off.

Has aonyone received the charm for 4 shows in October yet?

Sandi

sandilou said:

Sandi

Yes, I did.

How long did it take after you sent your last s how in?

Sandi

Just a couple days. I actually got the two show charm and the four show charm the same day earlier in the month.

Okay, I was at Michael's today. They had crimp beads, but nothing called stopper beads. The crimp beads will work fine for me (I have oodles at home) once the bracelet is completed, but I'd have to ruin one every time I needed to add a new charm. I'm guessing that what you're talking about is different--something they don't carry at the Michael's in my area.

I Received my mixing bowls today.. yay!!

sandilou said:

Sandi

sandilou said:
How long did it take after you sent your last s how in?

Sandi

I just got mine yesterday and I sent my last show in on october 31

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • pcchefjane
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views