• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rest in Peace: Charlton Heston, 1924-2008

In summary, Charleton Heston was an actor who was known for his work in movies such as Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments, and Planet of the Apes. He was also the president of the Screen Actors Guild and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom. He was a great American and will be missed.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080406/ap_on_en_mo/obit_heston;_ylt=AhnBJ7ZLFFeTdIk8UJcJxxGs0NUE has died at the age of 84.

Everyone will remember him for a different reason, I suspect, older folks will remember him as Ben Hur, El Cid, Michelangelo or Moses in Cecil B. DeMille's epic The Ten Commandments. Others will remember him in Planet of the Apes.

He was also the President of the Screen Actors Guild and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor given to a civilian in the United States.

Others will remember him as the president of the NRA.

Heston was a great actor, and a great American.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080406/ap_on_en_mo/obit_heston;_ylt=AhnBJ7ZLFFeTdIk8UJcJxxGs0NUE has died at the age of 84.

Everyone will remember him for a different reason, I suspect, older folks will remember him as Ben Hur, El Cid, Michelangelo or Moses in Cecil B. DeMille's epic The Ten Commandments. Others will remember him in Planet of the Apes.

He was also the President of the Screen Actors Guild and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor given to a civilian in the United States.

Funny, I remember him for the other things but that stands out the most!

Sad to hear, but it is reality that we all aren't getting any younger...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Totally agree. My DH is a big gun guy and he remembers him as president of the NRA. Sad day.

I went to a private college prep high school- I saw him in Ben Hur and the 10 commandments- it was required "movie" education. :)

I remember him as prez of the NRA, too! DH told me this morning that he had died. 84 still seems so young to me...

He was a wonderful actor, a great American, and, from everything I have every heard or read, a truly nice man. He was also the same age as my dad, who will be 85 in May. Mr. Heston will be missed.

Where ya been, Rae?

I must be warped... I remember him from Omega Man. :) ZK

It's okay to be warped.Most of us aren't too tightly wrapped.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Where ya been, Rae?

It's tough when you miss two weeks of CS. I'm working a 40-hour temp job, had a couple of shows, spent a couple of days at the hospital with my buddy while she went through her third chemo treatment, and took on another project at church with The Furry Guy. CS fell to the bottom of my big priorities list. Things should slow down a bit for the next couple of weeks, so I hope to be here a little more.

BTW, this temp job keeps me busy from the time I arrive to the time I leave, so I don't have that wonderful free time I used before. Makes the day go faster, though.

Well, I think you have your priorities messed up. C S is so much more important than all that (except the chemo, of course) that it should be much higher on your list.
jump31.gif
Why do I think some idiot is going to take this post seriously?

I have admired Charleton Heston for a long time.

But am I the only one who remembers him for playing Thorn, the detective in Soylent Green?

A movie that completey freaked me out in my youth!:eek:

It was a delightfully awful movie. I remember going home from it and wondering what ever made him decide to do the movie.

Towering inferno is what comes to mind for me. was one of my Mom's favorite movies so we watched it every year on tv LOL

Nope - that was the other one I remembered him from. ZK (lover of bad - and good - SF)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, I think you have your priorities messed up. C S is so much more important than all that (except the chemo, of course) that it should be much higher on your list.

jump31.gif

Why do I think some idiot is going to take this post seriously?

Experience? :cool:

You're right, and even with that disclaimer, I sure someone is incensed.I also remembered The Greatest Show On Earth. What a good one!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're right, and even with that disclaimer, I sure someone is incensed.

I also remembered The Greatest Show On Earth. What a good one!

I LOVE that movie. I know it makes me sound older than I am, but they just don't make movies like they used to.......

Nobody made (or makes) movies like Cecil B. DeMille. He was one in a several millions.

This may be a backwoods small town kind of thing to say, but I see those bumper stickers all the time "Charleton Heston is my president" next to county music sticker and junk... I was only recently introduced to the Omega Man and Soylent Green (is people) via my sci-fi nut husband who insisted that I see the classics. I have to say I loved him more as Moses. At any rate, I agree, he was a great man. Sad to see him leave...I am glad we have him on film.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have admired Charleton Heston for a long time.

But am I the only one who remembers him for playing Thorn, the detective in Soylent Green?

A movie that completey freaked me out in my youth!:eek:

:) Saw that movie the night before surgery. Very creepy post anesthesia dreams.

My friend's father wrote the book upon which the film was based. Mr Heston towered over friend's dad...and most everyone else on the set.

Thanks for everything, Mr Heston!

1. Who was Charlton Heston?

Charlton Heston was an American actor and political activist. He was best known for his roles in epic films such as "The Ten Commandments" and "Ben-Hur". He also served as the president of the National Rifle Association from 1998 to 2003.

2. When did Charlton Heston pass away?

Charlton Heston passed away on April 5, 2008 at the age of 84.

3. What was Charlton Heston's cause of death?

Charlton Heston's cause of death was listed as pneumonia.

4. What legacy did Charlton Heston leave behind?

Charlton Heston's legacy as an actor and activist is celebrated to this day. He won numerous awards for his performances and was a strong advocate for the Second Amendment rights. He also used his platform to speak out on various social and political issues.

5. How can I honor Charlton Heston's memory?

There are many ways to honor Charlton Heston's memory, such as watching his iconic films, supporting causes he believed in, or simply remembering him as a talented actor and passionate activist. You can also visit his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame or make a donation to the Charlton Heston Foundation, which supports various charitable and educational initiatives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back