• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Characteristics of a Consultant

In summary, the qualities and characteristics of a good consultant include being conscientious about menu selection, cleaning up after themselves, being flexible, knowledgeable, professional, and having a positive attitude. They should also be attentive to detail, have good communication skills, follow-through on promises, and treat each party as unique and special.
MSmith
I have heard at a couple of my shows about people's horror stories about consultants that they'd booked with and was wondering, if you could describe the characteristics, qualities, and must-do's as a consultant.

Here's a couple that I've thought about:

1) Be conscientious regarding menu selection, one past host said that her consultant made her buy over $60 in food, and didn't even use half of it!

2) Clean up your mess! another past host said that her consultant left food all over the floor, made no effort to clean up the dirty dishes that she made, etc.

3) Have fun. I was really surprised to hear from different people that a consultant's rigidity and strict adherence to a specific format didn't make for much fun for guests- they stopped attending those shows and definitely didn't book any b/c the consultant came across as rude.

Can you think of any others from your experiences?

here's anotherBe flexible. I really try and listen to what my host wants. I try to taylor the party to her needs. I try to treat each party as a unique one. I don't want my hosts to ever feel like "just a number." This is HER party!

As someone who has attended and hosted several direct sales parties, I can definitely relate to the importance of a good consultant. Here are a few more characteristics and qualities that I think are important for a consultant to have:4) Knowledgeable about the products: A good consultant should have a thorough understanding of the products they are selling. They should be able to answer any questions guests may have and provide helpful tips and suggestions for using the products.5) Good communication skills: A consultant should be able to effectively communicate with both the host and the guests. This includes being responsive to messages and inquiries, providing clear instructions for ordering and delivery, and keeping everyone updated throughout the process.6) Professionalism: While it's important to have fun at these parties, a consultant should still maintain a level of professionalism. This includes being punctual, dressing appropriately, and conducting themselves in a friendly and respectful manner.7) Flexibility: Every party and host is different, so a good consultant should be able to adapt to different situations and be flexible with their approach. This could mean adjusting the party format to suit the host's preferences or being understanding if a guest needs to cancel their order.8) Follow-through: A consultant should follow through on any promises made during the party, such as offering a special discount or following up with guests who expressed interest in hosting their own party. This shows that they are committed to their business and their customers.9) Attention to detail: As mentioned in the original post, a consultant should be conscientious about menu selection and cleaning up after themselves. This also includes paying attention to orders and making sure they are accurate and delivered on time.10) Positive attitude: Last but not least, a good consultant should have a positive attitude and be enthusiastic about their products. This can make a big difference in how guests perceive the party and the products being sold.Overall, a good consultant should be knowledgeable, professional, flexible, and have a positive attitude. They should also be respectful of the host's home and their guests, and strive to make the party a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone involved.

What are the characteristics of a successful Pampered Chef consultant?

A successful Pampered Chef consultant possesses the following characteristics:

• Excellent communication skills: This includes being able to effectively communicate the benefits of Pampered Chef products and the business opportunity to potential customers and team members.
  • Organizational skills: A successful consultant is able to manage their time effectively, stay organized, and keep track of orders, parties, and other important information.
  • Positive attitude: Having a positive attitude is essential for success in any business, and it is especially important for a Pampered Chef consultant. A positive attitude can help you overcome challenges and attract more customers and team members.
  • Strong work ethic: Being a Pampered Chef consultant requires hard work and dedication. A successful consultant is willing to put in the time and effort to build their business and achieve their goals.
  • Passion for cooking and entertaining: Pampered Chef consultants are passionate about cooking and sharing their love for food with others. This passion is what drives them to succeed and helps them connect with their customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • BlueMoon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • emiscookin