1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Changing Show lay out

1. PCSarahjm

PCSarahjm Advanced Member

I wanted to share with everyone my new show layout. I decided to start mailing invites for my host. I changed to the mini-catalogs. This was a repeat host so we did a dip and sip show. She premade 2 dips(Fiesta chicken dip and spinach artichoke) I demoed a lemon limeade punch in the quick stir and fruit salsa. My demo speal was 20 mins long including 2 games (Queen of the shoppers and another one) I didn't pack many items either. (Tired of lugging so much to shows plus it was killing my back). It always seemed that I was not selling the items that I packed anyway. When I left the show it was at $500 in Sales. She still has 4 more outside orders to add to the show! Usually that is my average when I close shows. I am thinking that Queen of the Shoppers did it. I didn't use the layout from here...which i really liked but couldn't get it to print. Anyhow I just went through the catalog picked out items that I liked as a customer and didn' t ever buy b/c I either thought they cost too much or that I wouldn't use it very much. I think I added one thing to each persons list!!!! At check out I used to ask would you like to host a show....I changed that to..is there a product that you loved and wanted but it doesn't fit in the budget??? I got 3 bookings this way.
    The rest of the time was left for the guest to visit and hangout with eachother. I had 2 guests say that they loved the new layout b/c its a busy time of the year and they were only there for an hour and didn't feel pressured to stay the whole time. Another guest loved that they were able to visit and someone wasn't telling them to be quiet and watch a demo.

Jul 23, 2009
  2. cooking4pchef

cooking4pchef Novice Member

That sounds awesome! I am currently RE-starting my business after almost 2 years off and this would be an excellent idea for generating my new technique.
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    :chef:

Jul 23, 2009
  3. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

Sounds like it was very successful! Would you mind sharing your version too?

Wow...what a simple change, yet so effective! :thumbup: I *love* that phrasing!! Mind if I "borrow" it? :)

Jul 23, 2009
  4. I've had 2 shows since NC and sort of did the same thing...let guests sell for me by sharing what PC they own and love..and just letting them visit with each other. We did the tenderloin in the DCB and they just raved about it! I've gotten 6 bookings from those 2 shows.

Jul 23, 2009
  5. PCSarahjm

PCSarahjm Advanced Member

My Queen of the Shoppers version....I found 15 items in the catalog. And I would start with a brief description of the product before I said the actual Product. Example the " This product is good for making homeade tenderlions and has many uses besides being a meat tenderizer." Something along those lines. The great thing was most every product on the list the guests sold for me. Someone usually said hey i have that and i do this and this with it. Plus it got them looking in the catalog at other products as well.

Jul 23, 2009
  6. Porchechef

Porchechef Member

The Queen of the Shoppers sounds fun! I will have to try that

Jul 23, 2009
  7. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

What did your show layout look like before you made the change, in terms of bookings and sales?

I have been REALLY wanting to cut the demo and games down to 30 mins MAX as well. Glad to hear you had great success with the shorter format!

I am so stealing your booking line. Love it!!! :thumbup:

Jul 23, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Do you have a list of the products you picked. Just curious...

9. Chef Endora

Chef Endora Advanced Member Gold Member

That's great...thanks for sharing!

Jul 23, 2009
Have something to add?