• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Balance as a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, my recruiter quit, my original recruiter gave me to her, the new recruiter is calling non-stop and is getting annoyed with me, and I'm considering quitting because of the harassment.
Lexif424
I have only been a consultant for a few months. My original recruiter quit before I was able to sign up so she gave my info to her recruiter. At first everything was great but now she is call me non-stop. I appreciate the support but its like borderline harassment. The last straw was when she got annoyed with me for not answering while I was at work and asked for my work number so that I am always reachable. She was not happy when I said no. I work in a hospital and I joined pampered chef to have fun. I have done about 2 shows a month which is what I wanted out of this. since that last conversation I have refused to answer her calls. I stopped listening to the voicemail from her because I know how annoyed she was if I didn't answer one time, now it has been several days.
I love pampered chef and I love being a consultant but I hate being on a leash. if I cant change, I may have to quit. :(

Wow! Usually it's the other way around...no support! I would recommend contacting her upline director, explain the situation, and ask her how best to handle it and see if she should intervene. Together you can work this out. You don't want to lose your recruiter's support and perhaps she is trying to overcompensate since you were basically handed to her and you two didn't have any prior relationship. Consider yourself fortunate that you have someone REALLY wanting to help!

I would suggest going to the director above her also. You can't change upline's though....not without resigning. If you have to, you may just need to write her (your pesky director) a blunt email and tell her that you don't appreciate the constant calls and badgering. Tell her that you are just doing this part time for fun/hobby, and that if you need anything or have questions, you will contact her.

Your best bet is to talk to your upline director. I would also send her an email (cc'ed to your upline director) explaining that you are happy with where your business is. I would be very specific about what you expect from her, i.e. when she is allowed to call, how often....I would be very blunt so there is no misunderstandings on her part.

If she continues to behave inappropriately you can speak with your sales manager at Home Office or Carreer Solutions.

You need to tell her you're a hobbyist and your work number is off limits. Let her know that if you need her assistance, you will call her. I'm guessing she just doesn't know what your intentions are with TPC, so once you lay it on the line, the calls should stop. Of course, be nice about it the first time around and slowly let the fangs out if she persists with the badgering.

My recruiter did NADA, and I almost wish I had someone so persistent, but I do understand. Communication is the key!

I would also ask your upline director about hospitality. HO should be able to give you her e-mail address.

Then simply tell your director that you are in a hospitality cluster because you don't see eye to eye.

Why not send her a short e-mail and let her know that you are only interested in doing a couple shows a month and due to job requirements can't anwser calls at work.

That you appreciate knowing that she's available for support and that you'll contact her when you have questions so that she doesn't waste her time with frequent follow up and can use the time to support others on her team.....

If that doesn't produce the desired results I'd then escalate to her upline.

Good luck. It's your business to manage as you wish

Speaking from the other side of the fence here . . . as the upline, I want to do all I can for my people to make sure they are successful. There is al sorts of wonderful training to do. In the past, I had a girl that sounds like you and wanted to do PC part-time. She wanted to do training on her own and told me that. Great -- I knew where she stood. Right now I have 3 that I did the 1st training with and was there for their 1st show, and now none answer the phone, texts, or emails. VERY frustrating! They all seemed excited when they signed up, but I have no idea what has happened or what their intention is. If they would just tell me, it would be fabulous. So, instead of getting upset with her, I would suggest letting her know how often, if any, you want contact from her, and what your intestions are as far as the business goes.

Sandi

I agree with Sandilou. Sometimes there are assumptions on both sides and no one knows anyone's real intentions. Just be honest with her and if that doesn't work, tell her upline...but I can't imagine someone continuing to call you after you say you're not interested.

1. How can I find a balance between my personal life and my Pampered Chef business?

Finding balance as a Pampered Chef consultant can be challenging, but it is definitely achievable. The key is to set boundaries and prioritize your time effectively. Make a schedule or to-do list that includes both your personal and business tasks, and stick to it. Remember to also make time for self-care and relaxation.

2. What are some tips for managing my time as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Time management is crucial for finding balance in your role as a Pampered Chef consultant. Some tips include setting specific work hours, delegating tasks when possible, and using organizational tools such as a planner or calendar. It's also important to prioritize your tasks and focus on the most important ones first.

3. How can I avoid burnout while running my Pampered Chef business?

Burnout is a common risk for Pampered Chef consultants, but there are ways to prevent it. Make sure to take breaks and disconnect from work regularly. Find a support system and reach out to fellow consultants for advice and encouragement. Remember to also delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

4. How can I maintain a healthy work-life balance as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is essential for finding balance as a Pampered Chef consultant. Set boundaries between your personal and professional life, and stick to them. Make time for your hobbies, interests, and relationships outside of your business. Remember that taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your business.

5. What are some ways to stay motivated and avoid feeling overwhelmed as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Staying motivated and avoiding overwhelm is crucial for finding balance in your role as a Pampered Chef consultant. Set realistic goals for your business and celebrate your accomplishments along the way. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and take breaks when needed. Remember to also focus on the reasons why you love being a Pampered Chef consultant and the impact your business has on others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Jillmami
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Christine Hughes