• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ceramic Egg Cooker Lid Popping off

In summary, the ceramic egg cooker lid may pop off during cooking if it is not properly secured or too tight. It is not recommended to use the cooker without the lid, and the lid can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand with warm soapy water. It is safe to use in the microwave and can be used as a cover for other dishes, as long as they are microwave safe and fit within the lid's dimensions.
Sarah Mitson
So I love my little ceramic egg cooker for things like cakes and muffins, but whenever I cook eggs (I tried scrambled and poached so far) the lid keeps popping off. Poached is the worst, the lid flies off when I poach an egg. I'm worried it'll break. Is there a way to fix this?

I used mine for an egg for the first time this morning. I usually use the stoneware pan to make an egg for my breakfast sandwich. I have mini bagels so I've been folding up the one that comes out of the stoneware pan. This morning I thought that the ceramic egg cooker would be the perfect size. Well it exploded all over my microwave then when I tried to put it on the bagel it was full of holes from exploding so it fell apart with a big piece hitting the floor!

Update on Ceramic egg cooker, READ THE USE AND CARE! I didn't shake it and I cooked it too long. Since making that adjustment it works great! Also have you seen the new Dunkin Hines cakes for one? Those are great for using in this!

I have found that if you give the lid a little twist, it stays on better. Although, once the gasket or cooker has moisture, it does not make a tight seal, but it sounds like (from HO) it isn't supposed to seal tightly during cooking. The gasket just helps the steam stay in better.

I followed the directions for 'over easy' (which did not say to pierce the yolk) and it popped hard twice well before the 30 seconds were up.

What is causing my ceramic egg cooker lid to pop off during cooking?

There are a few potential reasons for this issue. One possibility is that the lid is not properly secured onto the cooker base, so make sure it is securely in place before cooking. Another reason could be that the lid is too tight, which can cause pressure to build up and result in it popping off. Try loosening the lid slightly and see if that helps. Lastly, it could be due to a defect in the cooker or lid, in which case you should contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Can I use the ceramic egg cooker without the lid?

No, it is not recommended to use the ceramic egg cooker without the lid. The lid helps to trap heat and steam to properly cook the eggs, as well as prevent any splattering or mess in the microwave. Using the cooker without the lid may result in unevenly cooked eggs or a mess in your microwave.

How do I clean the ceramic egg cooker lid?

The ceramic egg cooker lid can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before using it again. Do not use any abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on the lid, as this can damage the ceramic material.

Is the ceramic egg cooker lid safe for use in the microwave?

Yes, the ceramic egg cooker lid is safe for use in the microwave. However, make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and power levels for best results. Also, be cautious when removing the lid from the cooker after cooking, as it may be hot.

Can I use the ceramic egg cooker lid as a cover for other dishes in the microwave?

Yes, the ceramic egg cooker lid can be used as a cover for other dishes in the microwave. Just make sure the dish is microwave safe and does not exceed the dimensions of the lid. Keep in mind that the lid is designed specifically for cooking eggs and may not fit perfectly on other dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
beepampered
Replies