1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ceramic egg cooker lid popping off

1. So I love my little ceramic egg cooker for things like cakes and muffins, but whenever I cook eggs (I tried scrambled and poached so far) the lid keeps popping off. Poached is the worst, the lid flies off when I poach an egg. I'm worried it'll break. Is there a way to fix this?

May 11, 2017
  2. mspibb

mspibb Member Gold Member

I used mine for an egg for the first time this morning. I usually use the stoneware pan to make an egg for my breakfast sandwich. I have mini bagels so I've been folding up the one that comes out of the stoneware pan. This morning I thought that the ceramic egg cooker would be the perfect size. Well it exploded all over my microwave then when I tried to put it on the bagel it was full of holes from exploding so it fell apart with a big piece hitting the floor!

May 26, 2017
  3. mspibb

mspibb Member Gold Member

Update on Ceramic egg cooker, READ THE USE AND CARE! I didn't shake it and I cooked it too long. Since making that adjustment it works great! Also have you seen the new Dunkin Hines cakes for one? Those are great for using in this!

Jun 30, 2017
  4. PChefRenee

PChefRenee Member Silver Member

I have found that if you give the lid a little twist, it stays on better. Although, once the gasket or cooker has moisture, it does not make a tight seal, but it sounds like (from HO) it isn't supposed to seal tightly during cooking. The gasket just helps the steam stay in better.

Jul 18, 2017
Have something to add?