• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is my ceramic cookware popping?

In summary, ceramic cookware may make popping noises when exposed to high heat, but this is normal and does not indicate a defect. To prevent popping noises, preheat cookware properly and avoid sudden temperature changes. It is safe to continue using ceramic cookware even if it makes popping noises. Metal utensils should not be used on ceramic cookware to avoid scratches, and it is best to clean and care for it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge.
KayteTUrner
Gold Member
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so please forgive me if I'm not...

Does anyone have the ceramic cookware? I have the whole set and every time I cook with it, and use the lids, the lids pop and sound like they are cracking...but I can't see any cracks. Has any one else heard/experienced this? I haven't called the Home Office yet.

Mine did the same thing, not just the ceramic but the executive too. After a few uses it stopped. Not sure why but figure it was just getting used to working.

It's the glass in the lid contracting as it cools. Kinda disconcerting but I'm learning to "roll with it"! :)

My glass one from the Executive line for my 12" skillet would "pop" every time I used it, but it doesn't really do that anymore either. So maybe it is a time thing and stops after so many uses? No clue, but at least it's nice to know it wasn't just mine.

Thanks everyone! Your answers have really helped!

I've never had the (older) Professional, (current) Exec or the (current) Stainless do that that. How high are you turning the heat when it happens?

Medium high. But if the lids are oven safe to 350 or 400 or whatever, they should be fine on top of the pan on the stove, I'd think. There's no warning on the U&C card for the lid about this that I can recall.

My executive lids still pop, and I've had them for years.
Just got a really nice Analon wok, and its lid doesn't pop.

1. Why is my ceramic cookware making popping noises?

Popping noises in ceramic cookware are normal and are caused by the expansion and contraction of the ceramic material when exposed to high heat. This is not a sign of a defect or poor quality.

2. How can I prevent my ceramic cookware from making popping noises?

To minimize popping noises, make sure to properly preheat your cookware before adding food. You can also try using a lower heat setting and avoid sudden temperature changes, such as running cold water on a hot pan.

3. Is it safe to continue using my ceramic cookware if it is making popping noises?

Yes, it is safe to continue using your ceramic cookware. The popping noises are simply a result of the natural expansion and contraction of the material and do not affect the safety or quality of the cookware.

4. Can I use metal utensils on my ceramic cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on ceramic cookware as they can cause scratches and damage to the surface. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils instead.

5. How do I clean and care for my ceramic cookware?

Ceramic cookware is generally dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water and a soft sponge to maintain its quality. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads which can scratch the surface. Also, make sure to let the cookware cool down before cleaning to prevent thermal shock.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sarah Mitson
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
drdeputy
  • Malinda Klein
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Tara28