• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forgotten Cell Phone Leads to a Frantic Search for a Friend

In summary, the Wave 1 cel phone friend who was supposed to drive me to the airport left it at his dad's house and didn't answer his calls, so I borrowed a stranger's phone and made arrangements for him to overnight it to me.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, first off ... an apology to any Wave 1 buddies who may have been trying to reach me on my cel phone.

This morning, a friend had agreed to drive me to the airport. With my clustermates calling me, my cel phone battery was low. (House charger was safely packed away, as it had been for most of the week.)

So I plugged it into the car charger and said to my friend, "PLEASE do not let me forget this!"

I get to the airport, grab my luggage and purse and got into the Skycap line. Noting the little forms to fill out, I figured I better put my cel number on it. Suddenly, I realized I forgot the phone.

Of course, where is my friend's cel phone number? IN MY PHONE? And he wouldn't answer a call from an unfamilar number anyway.

I called my own number, so he would at least hear it ring. No answer! So I called his friend, who turned out to be at his grandmother's house. I called a mutual friend of ours, who turned out to be taking her sister to an appointment. Finally, I remembered his dad's number from the depths of my memory banks.

Fortunately, his dad answered. I said, "I hate to bother you, but Dan has my cel phone. I don't have his number, and he won't answer a phone call from anyone he doesn't know. Could you please call him to tell him to come back and bring the phone to me right where he dropped me off?"

Called him back 5 minutes later, and asked if he reached him. He did. I said, "Did he happen to say where he was?" Nope, he just said, "Oh, OK."

So I checked with the skycap to see if he could tell me what time I had checked my luggage. He can't. A short time later, I found the slip, which said only 15 minutes had elapsed. It's still 1.5 hours before the plane takes off, and Skycap assures me I have until 30 minutes before. So I wait, and wait and wait .... worrying the whole time that the got a ticket or accident in my car!

After an hour, I gave up on him. I could not wait any more. I borrow some stranger's phone for the millionth time, call his dad and ask him to let him know I can't wait any more ...

OH man!!! That is terrible! Are you going to buy a Tracfone or something like that to get you through the next few days? What a bummer.
Where did your friend go? Was he alright?

Fortunately ... my plane did not take off before I got through the checkpoint. I arrive, just as my clustermates were starting to call in the dogs. Mother Hen Roomate even called my cel phone and FINALLY got my friend to answer. By then, he was back in Akron!

Now why would he tell his dad he was coming ... then go on his merry way back home? GRRRRRRR!!!!

So I call him quickly, tell him I'm at the gate, and explain that I'm going to make arrangements for him to overnight it to me. He's like, "You really need it that desparately???"

MEN!

Later, I call him with the address of the hotel. He says, "I still don't understand why you need it THAT desparately."

I said, "Look, I'm trying to be patient here because you have absolutely no concept of where I am. I am here in a strange city with THOUSANDS of people. If someone wants to find me ... how do they do it??"

Not to even mention my Cheffer buddies I am going to meet ...

Anyway, after much drama and phone calls to the post office, FedEx and my friend ... it is being overnighted to me. I am guaranteed to have it by 10. So I am skipping the Newbie class, as one of my roomates is a director ... so she's out of here early ... nobody else is in this hotel ... which leaves Newbie Clustermate all alone ... and with no way to reach me.

Anyway ... we saw a lot of the city ... walked to the beach ... saw the waterfront ... and got in a lot of practice for the days ahead.

Any cheffer buddies with my cel phone number, feel free to call it by mid day but if you've tried ... this is why I did not answer!

Sorry ... it was such a long story I had to post it in two takes!

Overnighting was pricey ... but I think I am going to see about getting a cheffer discount applied retroactively. I know it costs more to overnight but still ... if I'd remembered to tell them I was a consultant I think they would have cut me a deal!

What a bummer!!!

wow life without a cell phone is bad, but life with out a cell phone in an event like this is horrible!!!! i so would have overnighted it also the expense is justified!

1. What exactly is the story behind "Forgotten Cell Phone Leads to a Frantic Search for a Friend"?

"Forgotten Cell Phone Leads to a Frantic Search for a Friend" is a cautionary tale about the importance of keeping track of your belongings, especially your cell phone. It tells the story of a group of friends who are out for a day of shopping and fun, but when one of them realizes she has left her phone behind, the whole group is thrown into a frantic search to find it.

2. How does this story relate to Pampered Chef?

This story highlights the convenience and usefulness of having a cell phone, which is something we often take for granted. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can use your cell phone to stay connected with your customers and team members, making it an invaluable tool for running your business.

3. What are some tips for avoiding a situation like the one in the story?

One tip is to always have a designated spot for your cell phone, whether it's a specific pocket in your purse or a designated spot in your home. This will make it easier to remember to grab it before leaving. Another tip is to set reminders or alarms on your phone to remind you to take it with you or to check for it before leaving a location.

4. Can you share any personal experiences about forgetting your cell phone?

Yes, I have definitely had my fair share of forgotten cell phone incidents. One time, I left my phone at a restaurant and didn't realize it until I got home. I was in a panic, thinking I had lost it. Thankfully, the restaurant was able to hold onto it for me until I could go back and retrieve it. It was definitely a lesson to always double check for my phone before leaving a place.

5. How can Pampered Chef help me stay organized and on top of things like my cell phone?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of organizational tools, such as calendars, planners, and to-do lists, that can help you stay on top of your schedule and responsibilities. Additionally, our team support and resources can provide guidance on how to effectively manage your business and personal life, making it easier to keep track of important items like your cell phone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies