• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Marketing a Special Plate: Strategies That Failed

In summary, this plate is a great way to celebrate special events with friends or family. It's also a great gift for special occasions. The person who gets the plate will be able to keep it and use it for future events.
pkd09
Silver Member
Any ideas on how to market this? I have tried two different tactics and both are flopping. 1) True story: when I was a little girl we had a "special plate" that was used for birthdays, special deeds, etc. 2) Great gift for a baby shower present as a "tradition" type present to commemorate special days. I have receive horrible almost hurtful comments about my ideas. How are you selling this item?:(

Like what??
pkd09 said:
Any ideas on how to market this? I have tried two different tactics and both are flopping. 1) True story: when I was a little girl we had a "special plate" that was used for birthdays, special deeds, etc. 2) Great gift for a baby shower present as a "tradition" type present to commemorate special days. I have receive horrible almost hurtful comments about my ideas. How are you selling this item?:(

If you don't mind sharing, I'd like to know the comments you're receiving. Perhaps we could find ways around those comments, like when someone says "My food chopper has never worked. It just..." then you find a way to turn it around to your advantage by educating that guest and the other guests on how to use it.

Celebrate plate Great giftWell I try to give many ideas on how they can give the plate as a gift. I know for our family we love to give cakes, cookies, pies, etc to family on holidays. What a beautiful plate to give to someone along with a tasty treat. Wrap it up in cellophane and a bow. I will be bringing this plate and some cookies to my shows to give to guests so they can see how easy it is to wrap it up. Also I plan to use it to show off cakes that I make for shows.

I let everyone know that it is special to have a pretty celebration cake in the family to pass down to daughters, to give to grandmothers, mothers, etc...
They are pretty and only $19 in April. Starting special family traditions is fun and means so much to our kids. I let them know that with a purchase of $60 they will get their choice of the cookbook, or outdoor party plates FREE in April!! It's dishwasher safe, has a one year warranty, and comes with a booklet that lists many occasions when you can use the plate.

What a beautiful plate to place birthday cakes, all year round for all family members. Try to cross sell the cake stencils, spreader, cake pan set, bowls for easy mixing, measuring cups for easy measuring, etc

Good luck and don't take comments that are said personally about your ideas. Some people don't think before they speak and just let it roll off your back like water rolls off a duck's back.
You'll live a much happier and content life!!

Debbie

Most of the snide comments are regarding my true story of our special family plate. People will be rude and yell out "there was never anything special in our house", "my mother never cooked us anything special", "that rules me out" or they just laughed. I am 51 yoa and still remember this very special plate; it had that affect on me.

Good responseA good response would have been:

"I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame that not everyone has special memories, special family traditions or even a special family plate to remember. I know that these things were special to me and it would be a great opportunity to start a special tradition in your home! This month it's only $19, and with a purchase of $60 ore more you will get ..... FREE! Pampered Chef is dedicated to enhancing the quality of family life by providing quality kitchen products supported by service and information for our Consultants and customers!"
I got that last part straight out of the catalog which I have read to many of my guests!! IT's great and very family oriented!!

Debbie

Another idea for the celebrate plate:

Is there a special group you belong to? my church group gets together at Christmas for dinner and a game of dirty santa...some call it white elephant exchange. Last year someone brought a snowman plate with a special inscription. She had made a pumpkin roll and wrapped it up on the plate. The intent is that the person who gets it will bring it back next year with their special homemade dessert for someone else to get. The lady who got it last year put her name and the year on the back. I got it this year. This will keep the plate around for years to come and it will carry special memories of good times with your special friends.

I agreewhen I say the celebration plate can be used for special occassions for your kids and pass it down to them, I get looks like yeah thats dum or my boss said I'm crazy. I said well I love to scrapbook and to me its a thing that I can pass down to my daughter.

I dont get what people dont like about sharing special things with people.. but like you said, to each his own and someone somewhere will like it.

I sold 2 of them to a male friend for his wife for mothers day! and I'll get my best friends husband to buy also. I even told people if they wanted I could tell their husbands that they want it for Mothers Day. I know I do!!

Tina...I know in my area that even 19.00 is a bit pricey for a plate. People have a hard time seeing that the expense is worth it when you look at the memories. I have 2 plates myself...one is just for display. I plan to purchase one for each of my children and pass it down to them when they get married. I am also going to give one to my sister and sister-in-law. I think if you took it and had the family name put on the back it would be even more special.

DebbieSAChef said:
A good response would have been:

"I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame that not everyone has special memories, special family traditions or even a special family plate to remember. I know that these things were special to me and it would be a great opportunity to start a special tradition in your home! This month it's only $19, and with a purchase of $60 ore more you will get ..... FREE! Pampered Chef is dedicated to enhancing the quality of family life by providing quality kitchen products supported by service and information for our Consultants and customers!"
I got that last part straight out of the catalog which I have read to many of my guests!! IT's great and very family oriented!!

Debbie

Say that and end with "Doesn't YOUR family deserve a Celebration Plate?"

I plan to get a second and whenever there is an excuse to praise or make my kids feel special and appreciated we will use it. I need two because I am anticipating both will receive good grades at the same time. :)

Lose a tooth, being helpful, cleaning a messy room the first time asked ~ what an easy way to say "I want to show you how much that meant to me & I want to celebrate your kindness".

I wasn't real keen on this product until I decided to purchase it. I love it!!!

:)

I have a few of these saved up, that I got at a great price, so when I have a 1000.00 show at the end I present the Hostess with one. With the 30% off its 17.00, now at 19.00 it will be 13.30.

This month we get the 40% off or 30% off the $19 price? I'm curious b/c I want this plate so bad. I want it for myself and to show. My daughter LOVES it. She was disappointed report card time that I didnt have it.. but I made the rice cooker cake and that was good enough for her.

This is my 2nd SS month.. am I entitled to the % off this month as well as June?

This month its on special for 19.00. I dont think you get Kit enhancement yet, but what I meant with the 30% off, was if I have a 1000.00 party, I put it on the Hosts order & only pay 13.00. :D

Tina--yes, you can take advantage of kit enhancement this month and again in your month 4.

I have two stories about the Celebrate plate. I tell them about my Innkeeper friends who went to China to adopt their precious daughter. Knowing that every regular guest would be giving them gifts to celebrate, I decided to give them a Celebrate plate which I knew would be unique. Well, a week after I
gave the gift, the new Mom called me and said she wanted to become a Pampered Chef. She is my first recruit. She qualified in her first month, and
has earned all the Super Starter rewards. All because of the Celebrate plate!
My second story is that my son's wife saw the plate and said she wanted one for each of their children, to have as one of their family traditions, and to take with them when they married and started their own family. Both children also have the Chef aprons and hats and love wearing them when we visit. It has not been a big seller but I love the idea and use it every opportunity I have to make and serve a cake. I'll certainly be pushing it this month.
Grandmarita

My Celebrate Plate story is ... I earned it free... the day it came by that wonderful brown truck... was my daughter's sixth birthday... I was so thrilled that THE DAY I got it, I could use it for something so special.
Then the next time was when my daughter got ALL A's on her report card... a major feat... especially in Math!
Then just this weekend we used it for when my daughter... yes 6 1/2 yrs old... FINALLY learned to ride her bike with no training wheels (she was content riding her scooter!)...
Each time we use it is has lit up the faces of my kids (11 yrs and 6 1/2 yrs old)

When I first started PC...they had a blue one with white writing. HOW I WISH I HAD THAT ONE TOO!!! Then I'd have different ones for the kids. Maybe the'll come out with a different color one next fall?? Who knows.

You can also get it at $19 minus your consultant discount by ordering it under noncommissionable orders/personal order.

that's a great idea. If you want more than one you can order it at the $19. minus your commission...at the 20% commission rate it would be15.20...and then you could order one on you kit enhancement...at 40% off it would be 14.70. Of course you can always have your own show and get one for free.

I have a real estate agent hosting later this month and when we were planning her party, I went over the guest specials and a lightbulb went off..."These would make a GREAT closing gift for your clients!! Just add a little card wishing them many happy memories in their new home." She totally flipped out at how brilliant I am (LOL!!!) and is going to stock up at the reduced price.

"this plate is not just ofor holidays or birthdays, its great for when your kids score the winning goal, or get all a's on their report card, or when your husband finally takes out the garbage."
i heard this at our local spring kick off and though it was hilarious. the women demonstrating actually didnt even have the celebrate plate, she had a plain white plate and said "see what happens when you put it in the dishwasher! just kidding, i think i left it behind at one of my shows"
so even if you dont have it, you can still make it fun and entertaining

Celebrate Plate - Host DiscountHi everyone,

Love this site - you are one bunch of awesome and inspiring consultants!

Have a question - my hostess wants the Celebrate Plate.Since it's already offered as a special, can she use her 25% discount on this item?

Thanks!:confused:

Yes, she can purchase it with her discount even though it is discounted. Awesome, huh?! :)

What are some common marketing strategies that failed for the special plate?

Some common marketing strategies that failed for the special plate include relying solely on social media promotion, not properly targeting the right audience, not offering any incentives or promotions, and not utilizing influencer marketing.

How can I effectively target my audience for the special plate?

To effectively target your audience for the special plate, you should conduct market research to understand who would be interested in purchasing the product. This can include demographics, interests, and purchasing behaviors. Once you have this information, you can tailor your marketing efforts to reach and resonate with your target audience.

What incentives or promotions should I offer to boost sales of the special plate?

Some effective incentives or promotions to boost sales of the special plate include limited-time discounts, bundle deals with other Pampered Chef products, and free shipping for a certain purchase amount. You can also consider partnering with influencers or offering a referral program to encourage word-of-mouth marketing.

How can I utilize influencer marketing for the special plate?

Influencer marketing can be a powerful tool for promoting the special plate. You can reach out to food bloggers or social media influencers with a strong following in the cooking or home goods niche and offer them a free product in exchange for a review or feature on their platform. This can help increase brand awareness and drive sales.

What are some alternative marketing strategies to consider for the special plate?

Some alternative marketing strategies to consider for the special plate include hosting cooking demonstrations or workshops, partnering with local businesses or events, creating visually appealing and informative product videos, and utilizing email marketing to reach out to potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennyl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • Intrepid_Chef