• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrate the Packers: Super Bowl Champions!

In summary, the Green Bay Packers won their 13th NFL championship by defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in a great game.
pampered1224
Silver Member
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS - GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I really had no preference one way or the other....until I heard about the Steelers QB. Then it became more personal. I just didn't want him to win and get any glory. He shouldn't be playing football, he should be in prison. (IMO)

Go Packers!!! Great game - so glad they won:). My husband is a huge Green Bay fan and he is thrilled!!

Becky I only heard part of that. I had no idea that it was so bad either. Although Brett too only got a slap on the wrist. I mean seriously? They both should have been served time!

YEAH!!! The REAL America's Team won!! For anyone who doesn't know, the Green Bay Packers are the ONLY pro sports team in the country owned by the city and the fans!!

I saw PROOF this morning that GOD is a Packers fan! For anyone who's Catholic, the priest was wearing the vestments he wears most of the year. They are GREEN & GOLD!!

Did you also know that The Packers are from the smallest city with a team?

Hallelujah!! it's over everyone can take their crappy weather and go home :)

WE Are the Champoions!!
pampered1224 said:
Did you also know that The Packers are from the smallest city with a team?

I knew they were the smallest city in the NFL but I wasn't sure about the other leagues.

lt1jane said:
YEAH!!! The REAL America's Team won!! For anyone who doesn't know, the Green Bay Packers are the ONLY pro sports team in the country owned by the city and the fans!!I saw PROOF this morning that GOD is a Packers fan! For anyone who's Catholic, the priest was wearing the vestments he wears most of the year. They are GREEN & GOLD!!

I did not know that. I guess you learn something new everyday. I am a Steelers fan..but I must say. Great Game Packers. You played a great game.

I hate that the cowboys named themselves America's team..huh?? That is one that I will never get..but oh well..LOL.

Just a note...the Green Bay Packers are owned by fans who hold stock with no voting rights. The City of Green Bay has no ownership interest in the club.13 NFL CHAMPIONSHIPS:1929
2011The Packers are the only team to win 3 consecutive championships (1929, 1930, 1931) and they have done it twice (1965, 1966, 1967.)The Packers won the first two Super Bowls, even before they were called the Super Bowl in 1967 and 1968. (To complete the 1966 and 1967 seasons.)Most NFL Championships:Green Bay Packers, 13
Chicago Bears, 9
New York Giants, 7
Pittsburgh Steelers, 6
Dallas Cowboys, 5
San Francisco 49ers, 5
Washington Redskins, 5
Cleveland Browns, 4
Detroit Lions, 4
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts, 4 Super Bowl Records:Pittsburgh Steelers 6-2
San Francisco 49ers 5-0
Dallas Cowboys 5-3
Green Bay Packers 4-1
New York Giants 3-1
Oakland/LA Raiders 3-2
Washington Redskins 3-2
New England Patriots 3-3
Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts 2-2
Miami Dolphins 2-3
Denver Broncos 2-4
Baltimore Ravens 1-0
New York Jets 1-0
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1-0
New Orleans Saints 1-0
Chicago Bears 1-1
Kansas City Chiefs 1-1
St. Louis/LA Rams 1-2

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just a note...the Green Bay Packers are owned by fans who hold stock with no voting rights. The City of Green Bay has no ownership interest in the club.

Actually, there is a stockholder meeting every year. They do have some voting rights, but the stock will never pay dividends and I don't believe it can be sold or traded.

I thought the city had some stake, but I will stand corrected on that.

They also won the Championship for the 1997 season, but lost that Super Bowl (XXXII, 1998 in San Diego). I remember it well. It would be eerie if they went to the big dance again next year and missed the next one. They would have a record or going to two in a row every time they go.

Last edited:
Yes, they won the NFC Championship in 1998, but not the NFL Championship by virtue of losing the Super Bowl to the Denver Broncos. They also won the Western Division in 1960, but lost the Championship game to the Eagles. (The win in Philadelphia this season was their first win in Philly since 1962.) The Packers also lost the Championship game in 1938 to the Giants. The NFL did not go to a playoff system until 1933, so the Packers championships in 1929-1930-1931 were by virtue of having the best record in the league. The Packers won-lost record in championship games is 12-3. In case you're wondering why the math doesn't come out right, remember that the first two Super Bowls were between the champions of the NFL and the old American Football League. The NFL and AFL did not merge until 1970, so the Packers were NFL Champions in 1966 and 1967, then went on to win the NFL-AFL Championship games to bring home what would later be called the Lombardi Trophy. Wright Thompson of ESPN did an interesting piece about the house that Vince Lombardi built when he moved to Green Bay in 1959. You can read it here, it's kinda long but a very interesting article about the people who bought the house from Lombardi in 1969, and what it's been like for them ever since.Incidentally, Scott Crevier of Green Bay has been maintaining a Packers fan website for years and years. It's called The South End Zone and he has a database of all Packers games that you can search. It's a great way to find and prove Packers trivia!

And, no scantily clad cheerleaders to have to look at! Neither the Packers or Steelers have 'em!

Nope, the Packers switch between St Norbert's College in DePere's Cheerleaders and the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay Cheerleaders.

Aaron Rodgers was on the Letterman show tonight - flying up to New York after filming a commercial at Wally World (in Florida) this morning.I have to say he did a very good job of answering the legit questions and just ignoring Letterman's usual bull-o-ney and stupid comments. He threw a perfect spiral to Letterman, out in the audience. Rodgers seems to be a very humble guy who also aims to be the best he can be. Earlier today, I heard him say that during the off season, he wants to improve. He already has the highest stats for a post season quarterback in NFL history - and his goal is to improve. Ya gotta admire someone like that.

We, the Green Bay fans, are so glad he is OUR quarterback. I hope he stays as long if not longer than the last guy (who we will eventually forgive, in a few decades). I hear we are the best fans in the league and some players once they experience us don't want to go away. I hope he will be one of those guys.

I will freely admit that I was a doubter, I was one of the many who criticized Ted Thompson (Packers General Manager) for being ham-fisted in his handling of the Favre departure, not to mention, critical of Favre in the way he handled himself during the ordeal.I was also a Rodgers doubter. In his first season as a starter, the team went 6-10. I was willing to cut him some slack, though, because despite the dismal record, Rodgers put up some phenomenal numbers. He would lead the team back to tie or go ahead late in a game, only to watch the defense give it back.It is difficult to replace a legend - Steve Young knows, he followed Joe Montana and lived in that shadow for a long time but had a brilliant career of his own. Rodgers has lived in the shadow of Brett Favre but no longer. He has better numbers in his career at this point than Favre had and both won a Super Bowl at the age of 27. Barring a career ending injury, Rodgers will likely pass Favre in many categories in the record book.Donald Driver recently said he has had the good fortune to catch passes from two Hall of Fame quarterbacks - very high praise, indeed, and an indication of what he thinks Rodgers will do in the future.And yes, eventually, the fans will forgive Favre for his late career idiocies and welcome him to the Ring of Fame. After all, they forgave Vince Lombardi for abandoning Green Bay to coach the Washington Redskins until cancer took him from us - most Green Bay fans have either forgotten that or never knew it. Although, they may not be so quick to forgive Mike Holmgren for baling out, nor Ryan Longwell for that matter. But we'll never forget Brent Far...er...Fav...er...Ol' What's-his-name.

1. What is "Celebrate the Packers: Super Bowl Champions!"?

"Celebrate the Packers: Super Bowl Champions!" is a collection of exclusive kitchen products and recipes designed to help you show your support for the Green Bay Packers and celebrate their Super Bowl victories.

2. What products are included in "Celebrate the Packers: Super Bowl Champions!"?

The collection includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets such as a cheese grater, pizza cutter, and silicone spatula, all featuring the iconic Packers logo and colors. Additionally, there are recipe cards with delicious game day recipes to help you create the ultimate Packers-themed spread.

3. Can I purchase individual items from the collection?

Yes, all of the products in "Celebrate the Packers: Super Bowl Champions!" can be purchased individually. However, purchasing the entire collection not only saves you money, but also ensures you have all the necessary tools and recipes to fully celebrate the Packers' victories.

4. Are the products in "Celebrate the Packers: Super Bowl Champions!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the products in the collection are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup after your game day festivities.

5. Can I use these products for other occasions besides game day?

Absolutely! While "Celebrate the Packers: Super Bowl Champions!" is designed for game day celebration, the products can be used for any occasion. The kitchen tools are high-quality and versatile, and the recipes can be enjoyed year-round.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • The_Kitchen_Guy