• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Inconvenience of Scheduled Downtime on Weekends

In summary, the conversation is about the frustration of the website being down for maintenance for 36 hours on a weekend, causing inconvenience for users. Despite the warning emails, there is no way to prepare for the downtime and users are anxiously waiting for the site to be back up. The conversation also touches on the technical aspects of website maintenance and the addiction-like behavior of constantly checking the site. Eventually, the site is back up with a message apologizing for the inconvenience caused.
Hunter Mom
I realize that they need to get things done, but really. Is it necessary for it to be down for 36 hours? On a Saturday/Sunday no less, as that's when I get to do most of my work with PC. EEERRRRRGGGGGGG.

This rant is now over. You can return to your regularly scheduled programming.

While I can understand the frustration, I received 2 warning emails, one on Wednesday I think, and the other on Friday, warning about this. I guess I'm just saying - it helps to be prepared :)

They only do this once or twice a year.

I know! It's soooo frustrating. I don't think it's usually down for this long, when they are doing maintenance, etc...

For those of us who are getting leads that we can't respond to, or orders for shows online that we can't access - there really is no way to prepare for that, is there? We just have to be patient ( haha! :yuck::yuck:) and wait a little while longer!

Try being the tech guys on the other side knowing there are thousands who are cussing their names. :D Been there, done that. (as the tech-gal, not the person cussing) There is more to maintenance of a system like this than you probably will ever know.
Be patient. A watched pot never boils - not even in a PC Pan. ;)

My guess is they do it on the weekend so they don't have take our calls! LOL

It must be a pretty big chnge for it to be down this long. They're not just doing a full database backup this time. Just guessing, though.

Yeah, I'm hoping nothing has gone wrong! It was supposed to be back up by noon today, but now it's saying 1am Monday! I understand the need for maintenance and I'm thankful it wasn't...say.... NEXT weekend. LOL! But CC is like my crack. I check it several times a day (I don't know why, I know it rarely changes, and the updates don't change once they've been posted each day) so I'm totally going through withdrawals here! LOL!

mountainmama74 said:
Yeah, I'm hoping nothing has gone wrong! It was supposed to be back up by noon today, but now it's saying 1am Monday! I understand the need for maintenance and I'm thankful it wasn't...say.... NEXT weekend. LOL! But CC is like my crack. I check it several times a day (I don't know why, I know it rarely changes, and the updates don't change once they've been posted each day) so I'm totally going through withdrawals here! LOL!

??? I just went and checked, and it still says 7pm Sunday???

Mine says 7PM on Sunday too.

This is killing me...at least yesterday my orders were coming through but now I know I have ones pending and they aren't and I don't know where my hostess stands!!

Mine still says 7 pm Sunday... so I'm sitting here at 6:56... made myself a cup of tea and got ready to sit down to do some work... and I tried to log on and the screen says it's still down then I realize it's CT... so I have another hour. LOL.

vanscootin
thats exactly what happened to me

Me too! I'm anxiously waiting :) I hope at 7 CST they don't extend it more !

8:08 EST - Stiil not up - They have not changed the time either.

10:12AM here in Japan

LOL

It's up now!

Up with the following message:

Due to routine and scheduled maintenance, some components of this site will not be updated until 6:00 a.m. (CST), Monday January 24th.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

What is "The Inconvenience of Scheduled Downtime on Weekends"?

"The Inconvenience of Scheduled Downtime on Weekends" is a common issue faced by many businesses and organizations that rely on technology and online services. It refers to the practice of scheduling maintenance or updates for computer systems and online platforms during weekends, which can disrupt regular operations and cause inconvenience for users.

Why is scheduled downtime on weekends considered inconvenient?

Weekends are typically when many businesses and individuals have more free time to use online services or complete important tasks. Therefore, any interruption to these services during this time can cause inconvenience and frustration. Additionally, weekends may also be peak usage times for certain services, making it more disruptive for scheduled downtime to occur.

What are the potential consequences of scheduled downtime on weekends?

The consequences of scheduled downtime on weekends can vary depending on the nature of the business or organization. However, in general, it can result in loss of productivity, missed deadlines, and dissatisfied customers. It can also lead to financial losses, especially for businesses that rely heavily on online sales or services.

How can businesses and organizations minimize the inconvenience of scheduled downtime on weekends?

One way to minimize the inconvenience of scheduled downtime on weekends is to communicate clearly with users about the planned maintenance or updates. This can include providing advance notice and information on the expected duration of the downtime. Businesses and organizations can also try to schedule downtime during off-peak hours or offer alternative services during the downtime.

Are there any benefits to having scheduled downtime on weekends?

Yes, there can be benefits to having scheduled downtime on weekends. For businesses and organizations, it can be a time to perform necessary maintenance and updates without interrupting regular operations during peak hours. It can also help improve the overall performance and reliability of systems. Additionally, scheduled downtime can also provide a break for employees from their usual workload and allow for necessary updates to be completed without affecting their daily tasks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksartain
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • AnnieBee