• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Impact of Consultant Corner on Chef Success

In summary, the new Consultant Corner Community will be monitored so that only consultants can join. It just seems that HO has taken a lot of ideas from ChefSuccess for the new season, such as the baker bundle, the DCB cookbook, and the Community idea itself. I like CS because it helped me decide to join and I lurked for a while before I finally signed up.
Shelly Flanagan
Gold Member
How do you think the new Consultant Corner Community will affect Chef Success? Sounded a lot like this site when they introduced it at SL.

I thought so too! But it will be monitored so that ONLY consultants can join. I know we are mostly consultants here but its not guaranteed. Not that there are any big secrets (that I know of) but anyone with $5 can join CS.

I like CS because it helped me decide to join. I lurked for a while before I finally signed as a consultant and lurked longer before I actually signed up.

It just seems that HO has taken a lot of ideas from here for the new season. ie: the baker bundle - it can be found here on the files, the DCB cookbook, the Community idea itself, etc. I know a lot of people on here have emailed HO with suggestions, but wow, this time it was like they either took a lot of suggestions at once, or are monitoring this. I am working with my NED, and she will send me emails of the files I find on here and act like they are "NEW" and they are definitely not. I have emailed her back sometimes w/ "ummm, I have been doing that for months, here is what I have used" and copied her on the file. I am not saying she shouldn't use them, just don't pass them off as "NEW" or "YOURS" or "ORIGINAL" when I know the truth.

Shelly Flanagan said:
It just seems that HO has taken a lot of ideas from here for the new season. ie: the baker bundle - it can be found here on the files, the DCB cookbook, the Community idea itself, etc. I know a lot of people on here have emailed HO with suggestions, but wow, this time it was like they either took a lot of suggestions at once, or are monitoring this. I am working with my NED, and she will send me emails of the files I find on here and act like they are "NEW" and they are definitely not. I have emailed her back sometimes w/ "ummm, I have been doing that for months, here is what I have used" and copied her on the file. I am not saying she shouldn't use them, just don't pass them off as "NEW" or "YOURS" or "ORIGINAL" when I know the truth.
It's either widely believed or known for fact that there are "HO Moles" on ChefSuccess. ;) It usually is for the best, because, like you pointed out, great ideas that come from this community sometimes find their way into the PC world officially. That's probably also why they are doing their own version....because they see the benefit it has among the consultants here.But, as someone who wasn't at SL...what is the CC Community?

The new forum will be on CC under a tab called "Community"

wadesgirl said:
I like CS because it helped me decide to join. I lurked for a while before I finally signed as a consultant and lurked longer before I actually signed up.

I was the same... definately a lurker and leerer before I bit the bullet. A $20 investment earmarked business research and development. Chef Success was the tipping point for five years of sporadic contemplation. :blushing:

Will this CC Community be like CS ? ? ? Will we be able to talk OT things ? ? ? prayer request, life's up and downs, personal stuffSell things to each other ? ? ?Just wanted to know:chef:

I can guarantee that there won't be a KG there…you can decide if that's a good or a bad thing…and most likely, there won't be a daily update and, when any news does break about Paige, you'll see it here but you'll never see it there.

Sooo, is this why the teleclasses are going away? Or did they introduce a new training option?

whiteyteresa said:
Will this CC Community be like CS ? ? ?

Will we be able to talk OT things ? ? ? prayer request, life's up and downs, personal stuff

Sell things to each other ? ? ?

Just wanted to know

:chef:

I doubt it, they will more than likely want to keep it business like. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, I have a lifetime membership here and I don't plan on deserting it. ;) Even if the PC one is great, I don't think it can replace the little "family" I feel I have here. Maybe it's knowing that not EVERY single consultant sees me and my silly commentary, I feel comfortable here. We'll have to wait and see what the PC one is like, but I'm still keeping CS bookmarked and up there with my FB addiction. :D

babywings76 said:
Well, I have a lifetime membership here and I don't plan on deserting it. ;) Even if the PC one is great, I don't think it can replace the little "family" I feel I have here. Maybe it's knowing that not EVERY single consultant sees me and my silly commentary, I feel comfortable here. We'll have to wait and see what the PC one is like, but I'm still keeping CS bookmarked and up there with my FB addiction. :D

I'm with you, it is a nice little family we have here where we can share, rant, rave, etc., comfortably. I like the idea of an independent forum like we have here on CS vs. a company run one, although I suppose it is nice they are making the effort. I'll probably check out both for a while, but my heart belongs to CS!!:chef:

akrebecca said:
Sooo, is this why the teleclasses are going away? Or did they introduce a new training option?

I didn't hear anything about no more teleclasses! Would you mind filling me in? I'll be super sad if they do...I think the live ones are sooooo beneficial and useful for everyone....it helped me enormously when I first started!

wadesgirl said:
I doubt it, they will more than likely want to keep it business like. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Just try and start a thread like The Official Continuing Discussion of American Humor and see how long it lasts.

aola.gif

wadesgirl said:

Ditto for me. I hope we keep ChefSuccess going, although I have no issue if we double post. This is a self-selected group of individuals who are interested in using this media to grow and maintain their business.

I'm worried that the CCcommunity will have restrictions on posting our own flyers and sharing our ways of circumventing the "system". I think it boils down to a general big-brother concern on my part. I wish that instead, TPC would recognize and encourage sites like this. ChefSuccess is open to outside viewers, but it limits the # of views (which can be circumvented by clearing your cache) and it does limit members to consultants who can produce an ID number.

Dotty said:
Ditto for me. I hope we keep ChefSuccess going, although I have no issue if we double post. This is a self-selected group of individuals who are interested in using this media to grow and maintain their business.

I'm worried that the CCcommunity will have restrictions on posting our own flyers and sharing our ways of circumventing the "system". I think it boils down to a general big-brother concern on my part. I wish that instead, TPC would recognize and encourage sites like this. ChefSuccess is open to outside viewers, but it limits the # of views (which can be circumvented by clearing your cache) and it does limit members to consultants who can produce an ID number.

I don't think we have to prove that we are consultants before becoming a paid member of CS. Unless that has changed?

I was a paid member before becoming a consultant. I always loved PC products & recipes and thought this site was an awesome way to learn different ways to use our products. Though, I probably never (or rarely) posted before I became a consultant.

Dotty said:

kam said:
I don't think we have to prove that we are consultants before becoming a paid member of CS. Unless that has changed?

I was a paid member before becoming a consultant. I always loved PC products & recipes and thought this site was an awesome way to learn different ways to use our products. Though, I probably never (or rarely) posted before I became a consultant.

Yes anyone can sign up for this community not just consultants.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I didn't hear anything about no more teleclasses! Would you mind filling me in? I'll be super sad if they do...I think the live ones are sooooo beneficial and useful for everyone....it helped me enormously when I first started!

I think it was in a PC Newswire a few weeks ago that they're discontinuing the teleclasses, pretty soon if I'm remembering correctly. The recordings will be availabe til the end of May or something like that.

I have a lifetime membership here, too - and won't be leaving any time soon!

Also, KG - those little jumping wave guys captivated my attention for more time than they should have. LOL!!

Becca_in_MD said:
I think it was in a PC Newswire a few weeks ago that they're discontinuing the teleclasses, pretty soon if I'm remembering correctly. The recordings will be availabe til the end of May or something like that.

Thanks Becca! Better spend more time reading those carefully! I'm bummed they won't be available...I encourage the team to take advantage of those! Guess I'll try and download a few recorded ones before they're gone. Even though I think the live ones are more useful than the recorded ones. Something is better than nothing!

mountainmama74 said:
I have a lifetime membership here, too - and won't be leaving any time soon!

Also, KG - those little jumping wave guys captivated my attention for more time than they should have. LOL!!

Poking fun is just one more service I graciously provide! ;)

poke.gif

I will definitely stay with Chef Success. I have learned so many great things on here. I was another one that used this site to make my decision to join as a consultant.

I also have a lifetime membership and am going no where. It was intersting to read how many of us "lurked" or joined CS before signing and I was one of those also. Knowing that I had such a strong source for support, help, suggestions and tips was a deciding factor that made me realize I was ready to take the plunge.

CC Community will never replace the relationships formed here on Chef Success. I am sure the ones that have been here for a while are here to stay :). I do think the CC community is a great idea for those on the FB page that have a lot of consultant questions and are not familiar with CS yet.

Not to mention, you'll never get the bag of mixed nuts that you find here on a daily basis.

Becca_in_MD said:

I have been teaching teleclasses since they began. When we first started, there were times when I had 50-75 people registered for the calls. In recent years, that number has gone down. In fact, last year, I don't think I taught a class with more than 10 people registered and more than 4 that actually got on the call.
Fast forward to Jan/Feb 2011...I had 35 people registered for the January class I taught with 20 actually participating and had 25 registered for the February class with 12 actually on the call. Tell people something is going away and it suddenly becomes popular again. I anticipate a rush on the Pizza Crust/Roll mix for this very reason.

DebinIA said:
Tell people something is going away and it suddenly becomes popular again. I anticipate a rush on the Pizza Crust/Roll mix for this very reason.

That will be me. It's now family tradition to make cinnamon rolls with the mix for Christmas breakfast. Not that I can't make my own yeast dough, it's just the PC mix is so handy.

Becca_in_MD said:

Any idea why? I was wondering if maybe the number of participants had gone down? Is PC thinking maybe webinars?

Last edited:
akrebecca said:
Any idea why? I was wondering if maybe the number of participants had gone down? Is PC thinking maybe webinars?

Or podcasts...

When is the new community supposed to start?

babywings76 said:

How do you become a lifetime member?

pay the $20. I bought a lifetime right away because I found a lot of value in what was here. Yes, I could have tried it for $5 for a year, but figured the long-term investment was worth it.

I also still send my own newsletters that I pay for. Not that happy with the one on our website...

ChefSuccess will only grow and reach new heights! If they install an interesting feature, I will work my hardest to bring it here. However, I can almost certainly tell you that most corporate communities are stale and boring! Here we have flexibility and family. Also one thing the corporate community will never give you is anonymity. They will always know who you are.If anything the new community will help us gain new membership as surely we will be linked to :)

I am a lifetime member of CS and won't be fully leaving either. Greg is right- any corporate forums I have been on haven't been as helpful and have been boring because they have to have rules.

Admin Greg said:
ChefSuccess will only grow and reach new heights! If they install an interesting feature, I will work my hardest to bring it here. However, I can almost certainly tell you that most corporate communities are stale and boring! Here we have flexibility and family. Also one thing the corporate community will never give you is anonymity. They will always know who you are.

If anything the new community will help us gain new membership as surely we will be linked to :)

Hmmmmm. I don't like stale & boring. I prefer the bag of mixed nuts we have here.:cool:

cookingwithdawn said:
How do you become a lifetime member?

Can't remember if it's still an option...have to ask Greg, the administrator, about it. But a while ago he had a special offer where you pay a higher one-time fee (still wasn't too bad, and definitely worth it!) and you'd be a lifetime member.

babywings76 said:
Can't remember if it's still an option...have to ask Greg, the administrator, about it. But a while ago he had a special offer where you pay a higher one-time fee (still wasn't too bad, and definitely worth it!) and you'd be a lifetime member.

Yup Gold membership is always lifetime. :)

akrebecca said:
Hmmmmm. I don't like stale & boring. I prefer the bag of mixed nuts we have here.:cool:

What, around here? In this business-like atmosphere and bastion of serious exchange?

nut.gif
jump31.gif

Does anyone know when the Community on PC will start? Just curious! I also do not plan to leave here :) Love Chef Success!!!

1. What is Consultant Corner and how does it relate to Chef Success?

Consultant Corner is a new online community platform created by Pampered Chef specifically for our independent consultants. It provides a space for them to connect, share ideas and resources, and support each other in growing their businesses. The impact of this community on Chef Success is expected to be significant, as it will allow for more collaboration and knowledge sharing among consultants, which can ultimately lead to increased success for everyone.

2. How is Consultant Corner different from other online communities for direct sales companies?

Consultant Corner is unique in that it is exclusively for Pampered Chef consultants and is tailored specifically to their needs and challenges. It also offers a variety of tools and resources, such as training materials and marketing templates, that are designed to help consultants succeed in their businesses. Additionally, Consultant Corner is closely integrated with our existing Chef Success program, making it a seamless addition to our overall support system for consultants.

3. Will Consultant Corner replace the existing resources and support available through Chef Success?

No, Consultant Corner is meant to enhance and complement the resources and support already available through Chef Success. It is not intended to replace any existing programs or platforms, but rather to provide an additional avenue for consultants to connect and support each other in their businesses.

4. How do you think Consultant Corner will affect the overall culture and community within Pampered Chef?

We believe that Consultant Corner will have a positive impact on the overall culture and community within Pampered Chef. By bringing consultants together in a more collaborative and supportive environment, we expect to see increased camaraderie, motivation, and success among our consultants. This, in turn, will contribute to a stronger and more vibrant community within our company.

5. How can I get involved in Consultant Corner and make the most of this new community?

If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, you can access Consultant Corner through your existing Chef Success account. Once you are logged in, you can explore the various features and resources available, join discussions and groups, and connect with other consultants. We encourage all of our consultants to actively participate in the community and take advantage of the valuable support and resources it offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • wchatten
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies