• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caution Phishing Paypal Scam!!!

In summary, these emails are scams, and if you receive one, don't click on the link that is in the email. Instead, forward it to [email protected].
rwesterpchef
Beware. I have had two emails now from "[email protected]". Their emails look, read and appear almost exactly as the legitimate paypal receipts received through email, but they are not legit. The emails say that it's your receipt for a purchase. When you realize you did not authorize the purchase, you'll immediately want to click on the "Dispute Resolution" link that is in the email. THIS IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK! That's were these losers try to gather your information.
INSTEAD, forward the email to [email protected], then delete the original email. I have attached a copy of one of the fraudulent emails that I have received so that you'll have an idea of it's appearance.
Just for your own personal knowledge, Paypal will never send you an email addressed Dear Paypal member, etc. They always address it to your name that you set your account as.

I realize that this really isn't Pampered Chef related, but we are family and we look out for each other. I hope you don't mind.

PS: I was not fooled and was not a victim, in case you're curious. My boyfriend works with a guy that did fall for it and almost a month and a half later, got his $1000 back. Had John not told me about this, I too might have been tempted to click the link and go from there. It's frightening!

Attachments

• Paypal Phishing.doc
    122.5 KB · Views: 386
I have also received emails similar to this from ebay and Amazon. They are emails telling me that my account will be closed if I don't verify some information, then it has a link to go to. When you go to that link, it asks you to log in and use your password. That is where they get you. I reported them both. An ebay rep emailed me back and said it was a scam. Haven't heard back from Amazon yet. That one was about a week ago.

I just got something from PayPal yesterday saying that someone had paid me for a purchase of a laptop. I definitely did not sell a laptop and there was no email to reply to the buyer. I looked on PayPal's website and couldn't find any help, so I replied to the email and told them it wasn't me. I don't know if it was an honest mistake or a spoof, but I don't like it!

I never open the emails unless I know I have purchased from Ebay, Paypal, Etc
Better safe then sorry. Be aware that when you open these emails most have spyware attached and then if you bank online, they are even be able to trace your show submitted through PP (think of your customers credit cards)they have all your info anyways because every time you do anything on your computer it is logged in their software. To included your passwords.
:eek:

I get these emails alot from ebay paypal. I always just forward it to [email protected]. Ebay always sends a reply stating that it was not them and not to give them any information. The best thing to do is not open them at all, if they are legit they will have your phone number to call you with a problem.

Thank you so much for this thread!! I just got what I'm sure is one of those email and I almost clicked on it but as I clicked I remembered this thread and sent it on to eBay instead!

1. What is a "Caution Phishing Paypal Scam"?

A "Caution Phishing Paypal Scam" is a type of scam where a fraudulent individual or company poses as a trusted entity, such as Paypal, in order to obtain sensitive information from unsuspecting victims. This can include login credentials, credit card information, or other personal details.

2. How can I identify a "Caution Phishing Paypal Scam"?

You can identify a "Caution Phishing Paypal Scam" by looking out for red flags such as emails or messages requesting personal information, urgent requests for action, or suspicious links or attachments. Always double check the sender's email address and verify the authenticity of the request before providing any information.

3. What should I do if I think I have fallen for a "Caution Phishing Paypal Scam"?

If you believe you have fallen for a "Caution Phishing Paypal Scam," immediately change your Paypal password and contact Paypal's customer service to report the scam. You should also monitor your financial accounts for any unauthorized activity and consider placing a fraud alert on your credit report.

4. Can I protect myself from "Caution Phishing Paypal Scams"?

Yes, there are several steps you can take to protect yourself from "Caution Phishing Paypal Scams." These include: never clicking on suspicious links or attachments, never providing personal information in response to unsolicited requests, and regularly updating your password and security settings on your Paypal account.

5. Is Paypal doing anything to prevent "Caution Phishing Paypal Scams"?

Yes, Paypal has security measures in place to help prevent "Caution Phishing Paypal Scams." These include email filters to identify and block suspicious messages, as well as security alerts and notifications for unusual account activity. However, it is important for users to also remain vigilant and take personal precautions to protect themselves from these scams.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies