1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Catchy Newsletter Name

1. Kristen

Kristen Member

I'm getting ready to publish my first newsletter and am stuck on a name for it. I want something catchy. Any suggestions? I thought about Kristen's Kitchen, but I wonder if that's kind of cheesy and/or obvious. I'm so not creative when it comes to stuff like this!

Aug 6, 2005
  2. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

hmmm....thats a good question. Sometimes I can come up with things and at times I cant. All I can think of is

Kookin' in the Kitchen with Kristen

Aug 6, 2005
  3. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

Kristen,

Did you come up with anything yet??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2005
    Aug 8, 2005
  4. Kristen

Kristen Member

Newsletter name

Well, I asked a couple friends for suggestions and they immediately said Kristen's Kitchen. I asked if it was cheesy and they said yes :eek: LOL, but they also said that it's catchy and will stick in people's brains. So that's what I'm going to use. Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Aug 8, 2005
  5. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Okay, now hat Kristen has decided on her newsletter name (I think it's perfect and not cheesy at all -btw)... can you help me out? What can we do with the letter B?

Aug 9, 2005
  6. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

Thats a harder one. All I can come up with is Bakin' with Beth. I know...boring and like the one I came up with for Kristen... :D

Good Luck...tell us what you come up with.

Aug 9, 2005
  7. BethCooks4U

Hmmm.... good, but I want it to encompass more of what we do - baking is such a small part... Any other ideas?

Aug 9, 2005
  8. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

Beth's Bounty...

Beth's Bevy of Bountiful Kitchen Ideas

Aug 9, 2005
  9. Kristen

Kristen Member

Newsletter name

Beth's Bounty is all I've been able to think of too. I'll keep thinking though....
    Kristen

Aug 9, 2005
  10. chefjill

chefjill Member

Aug 11, 2005
  11. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

Let's see: jumpin', jivin', jumbo, jiggly... Sorry, Jill. You're just gonna have to change your name!!!

Aug 12, 2005
  12. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

Gettin' Jiggy with Jill? OK so were PC consultants not artists. :D

Aug 12, 2005
  13. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

The Letter "J"

Jill's Jolly Kitchen, Jill's Kitchen Jabber, Jabber with Jill, Jill's Kitchen Jabber, Jill's Jumpin Kitchen Jabber...I don't know I'm just typing as I think!! HAHA!! ;)

Aug 12, 2005
  14. Yvonne

Yvonne Member

No Imagination

I'm afraid my newsletter is just called - August Newsletter! But with Yvonne, there is not a lot I could do was there. Any improvement would be great.
    Yvonne

Aug 21, 2005
  15. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

I'm going to think on these - - can you brainstorm for me too please? S- for Susan :)

(we are heading out to library function - I'll come back to think!) For B I immediately thought of Bistro. :)

Does anyone have any newsletters to share? :)

Aug 21, 2005
  16. chefmel

chefmel Member

any ideas for "M" ???

Something catchy using "M", or "Mel" or "Melissa"??????

Aug 21, 2005
  17. BethCooks4U

WOW!! THANKS!! THAT'S IT!!! "Beth's Bistro"!! :D

I love it! I just sent out my August newsletter but in September I will try it out! I think I'll put that on my web site too!

Thanks again Susan!

For you: How about "Susan's Sizzling"

Aug 21, 2005
  18. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Ideas for "M"

For "M" - how about "Magnificent Meals with Mel" or "Mel's Meals in Minutes" LOL something along that line...once again I am typing as I think!! :p

Aug 21, 2005
  19. BethCooks4U

I vote for "Mel's Meals in Minutes" :cool:

Aug 21, 2005
  20. chefteena

chefteena Guest

I'm new here...my newsletter is simply

"Teena's Tips". I've been sending it out for quite a while. Someone asked if anyone would post theirs; I'm not sure if I did it correctly but I did try! Its a word doc; I email it from Word,not as an attachment.

Attached Files:

Aug 23, 2005
  21. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

Your newsletter is not plain or simple. It is awesome!!! I love the layout and the color scheme is fabulous. What program do you use to create it?

Shawnna

Aug 23, 2005
  22. chefteena

chefteena Guest

Teena's Tips

Thanks! It really isn't as complicated as it looks; I create my newsletter as a table in Word, using two columns and three rows. The first row is my title, second is the little one with the date, and the thrird row is the actual newsletter.

Using FORMAT, I add shading and borders. Then I cut and paste the host and guest info from Consultant’s Corner. My kitchen tips and weird date info come from http://www.foodreference.com/html/triviatips.html and http://www.holidayinsights.com/.

The animated graphics are downloaded from Microsoft's website; I access it from the document when I go to INSERT CLIPART. I just choose "clips online" and specify animated clips. I also create the doc in "WEB VIEW" in word. To do this,click on VIEW in Word, then select WEB VIEW. Be careful not to make your newsletter too long and don’t use too many pictures. Clip art isn’t as graphic intensive as photos. Use word pictures instead of pictures whenver possible; many email programs can't handle too many graphics or too much text, and your readers will quit before they get to the end.

To send, from Word I choose "Send To" and then select mail recipient. I've got a group I created with all the email addresses in it. (Actually I have two groups, a thorugh l and m through z) I put my email as the recipient, then BCC (blind copy) my group so my customers’ email addresses remain private.

Does that make sense?

Aug 23, 2005
  23. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Susan's Sizzling .... sounds like the start to something fantastic... My sizzling what? LOL

Aug 23, 2005
  24. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Snacks? Sales? Specials?

Aug 24, 2005
  25. BethCooks4U

I was thinking SUSAN is sizzling. :cool: You know - You are so hot! (meaning a great seller or recruiter - your business is great...)

Aug 24, 2005
Have something to add?