• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Handout Strategies for Consultants: Pros and Cons

In summary, Kris prefers to give out the catalogs during the demo to ensure that the guests are more focused. She also thinks that it is a good idea to talk to the host about who is being invited and decide when to give the catalogs.
varga11
I was just wondering how many consultants hand out the catalog before/during their demo and how many wait until they're done? Why do you do it that way? I give my customers the catalog at the beginning, I know a lot of consultants that wait. Do you get better results without the catalogs during the presentation?

When PC had fewer products and therefore a smaller order form :) I was very firm on not putting catalogs in my folders.
Now that I've come back and there are so many products, so far I have them in my folders for each guest. It's a lot easier to read and keep track of what you want then using the order form.

But I'm game for change anytime.

Kris

Catalogs during demoI have tried it both ways and prefer to hand out my catalogs during the demo. I like to refer to the stoneware page so they can see all the different shapes. I ask them to find a certain product while I am talking about it and then point out what the star and the number in the black circle mean while I am slicing or mixing. I USE the catalog as part of my demo.

When I gave it out after the demo, my sales were down. People felt rushed and didn't get a chance to look at everything in the catalog (there is a lot of stuff there). So they didn't order extra items.

When they have the catalog during the demo, the guest flip through as I am talking (which used to bother me, now I just keep talking). Their memory is jogged by looking at a particular product they love and they proceed to "sell" it to the person they are sitting next to. It works for me!

I agree with handing them out during the demo and using them as part of your show. I almost always have someone asking for the catalogs as soon as they sit down. I can't imagine the mutiny I might have it I tell them they can't see them until the end :D

I too have tried it both ways and have gone back to putting them in my guest lap boards. During the time I was giving them at the end, 9 times out of 10 guests were asking for them at the beginning of the show any way. I was difficult to tell them they would have to wait until after to get one.

I like to hand the catalogs out first. This way the guest are all ready looking and I can say "oh on page so and so ......" During the demo is great because the talk is still centered around the tools and the other people can say what is great about a product I might not have mentioned.

Shannon

I just found out about handing them out after, and tried it at a show last weekend. I think they both have advantages - if they have them in the beginning it seems a little more relaxed, you don't always need to be talking, and if someone asks 'what page is so and so on?' you can make it fun by giving a Twixit clip to the first person who finds it.

When I did it at the end, they were definitely more focused, which was nice, it was an $800+ show so they weren't afraid of buying! I think I'm going to go by the crowd, if they know each other really well I might wait till the end. They talk more amongst themselves compared to a group that's more random - in that case the catalog is more of an ice-breaker!

-h

I give each guest a catalog when they arrive. It works best for me. I found that when I waited to the end, ever one was always asking for the catalog during the demo which is distracting for everyone.

medhatterchef said:
I think I'm going to go by the crowd, if they know each other really well I might wait till the end. They talk more amongst themselves compared to a group that's more random - in that case the catalog is more of an ice-breaker!

-h

I have only ever given them out before the show. When I have a group that know each other well it is much more chatty. This is a good idea. I think I will talk to the host about the people being invited and then make a call at the show to go before or after demo.

1. What are the benefits of using catalog handouts as a consultant?

Catalog handouts can be a great way to reach potential customers who may not have attended a party or event. They also allow for easy distribution and can be left in high-traffic areas for people to pick up. Additionally, they provide a tangible resource for customers to refer back to when making a purchase decision.

2. Are there any downsides to using catalog handouts?

One potential downside is the cost associated with printing and distributing the handouts. It's important to carefully consider the return on investment and ensure that the cost is justified. Another downside is the lack of personal interaction with customers, which is often a key aspect of the Pampered Chef experience.

3. How can I make my catalog handouts more effective?

To make your catalog handouts more effective, be sure to include eye-catching visuals and clear, concise product descriptions. You can also add your personal contact information and a call to action for customers to reach out to you with any questions or to place an order. Additionally, consider offering a special promotion or discount for customers who mention the handout when placing an order.

4. Can I use catalog handouts in addition to hosting parties?

Absolutely! Catalog handouts can be a great complement to hosting parties, as they allow you to reach a wider audience and provide a way for customers to continue shopping even after the party is over. You can also include information about hosting a party on the handout to encourage customers to book their own.

5. How often should I distribute catalog handouts?

The frequency of distributing catalog handouts will depend on your individual business and customer base. Some consultants may choose to distribute them at every party or event, while others may only distribute them occasionally. It's important to find a balance and not overwhelm customers with too many handouts, but also not miss out on potential sales opportunities by not distributing them enough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leannvv
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KimoMakano
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies