• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Marketing with a Catalog Tote: Tips from Successful Users

In summary, just curious, how many of you carry your catalog tote faithfully and get any success/attention with it? I have been carrying mine instead of a purse for the past two weeks and have had NO ONE say anything about it. Nada.
Hunter Mom
Just curious, how many of you carry your catalog tote faithfully and get any success/attention with it? I have been carrying mine instead of a purse for the past two weeks and have had NO ONE say anything about it. Nada.

Those of you who are successful, what do you do to make it work?

I do. It's replaced my purse and I have gotten shows that stuck and recruits from it. It's super useful. Usually they come up and mention that they love PC or ask if I'm a consultant. One of my loyal customers came from wanting a catalog. She orders every other month. When they don't outright approach me, but I see them eyeing my catalog or bag, I ask "Do you know the Pampered Chef?" Helps get the dialog going.

I'm new and was wondering if the tote was worth the $. I see from the 2 posts that it's 50/50. I think I'll go ahead and get the tote and see if it does the same for me that it did for the above post.:blushing:

Remember that 2 weeks is not very long. Stick through it for a longer period of time- you'll be surprised at your results! Be sure you are prepared for people to talk to you- have minis on hand, get their info, etc...

I've gotten bookings and vendor fairs out of it!

It is SOO worth it! I get people who stop me every now and then. Just today, in fact! I was at Walmart getting my car's oil changed with DH, he was at the register and I was hanging around. A lady came up to me and asked if I had any catalogs left. I told her that was the only one I had with me that day but I'd be glad to mail her one. I have one of those little accordion files (recipe card size) that I bought from Merrill, but you can improvise with something else. In it I keep different recipe cards that I labelled w/ my info. I also keep one of the door prize drawing slips pads in there, too. I whip that out and ask for her address and e-mail. I ask her if she has a favorite product or anything that she needs recipes for. I tell her I will e-mail her those recipes that I find to be a match w/ her interest along w/ a copy of my latest e-mail newsletter. Then I'll be mailing her a new catalog. She gives me her filled out slip and I hand her a recipe with a smile. :) She marked on there that she is interested in hosting "maybe", so now I know I have a pretty good lead!Get it! Even if you don't have people approach you every day. There will be at some point someone who will, or people will at least know what you do. And those people that you see on a daily basis will have that brand name recognition thing going on. ;)

I totally recommend it. One of my teammates approached me when I was standing in line at a Sprint store. She was 5 people behind me and asked if I sold PC. She'd been here 6 years and hadn't come across a rep! Good thing she didn't think to log onto PC.com. Now she's on the team.

Yesterday, I got 3 contact's info because of my tote. While having lunch, the waiter asked if I sold PC. His mom had a whole bunch and he loved it. Was sad he moved out and is thinking about a party. Another asked me what was I selling at Mc D's. She'd never heard of PC but loved the bowls.

Like Amanda said, it doesn't always bring contacts....but it's worth it for even 1 show or 1 new recruit that comes across. Definitely be ready. And be willing to ask them about PC if they're glancing your way. :)

How do I get a Catalog tote? I am not sure where to order it.

it's available on the supply order in p3

Tell them about YOUR catalog tote experiences Kristina! :D

Always have something with you.
If I'd had DPS slips in my purse when I went to the ER after my car crash I would have thought to get the nurse's info. He was very interested, and I was too out of it, but if I'd had the DPS I would have been able to get his info. As it was, I didn't even have business cards with me.
I'm still trying to get my courage up to go back and pamper that ER.

BlueMoon - go ahead and pamper that ER!!! My alter-ego is a nurse at an ER and trust me...we love getting pampered!! It really does mean a lot to know that patients appreciate what we do for them. Sometimes we are lucky if we get to go to the bathroom in 12 hours let alone eat, so a quick snack is always welcome!

PS - I'm getting a catalog tote tomorrow due to this forum...what is the name of the display things you put in the windows of the tote? I will need to order those too right??

You can do it Marghi!

Ksmedic, it's KG38 - Billboard Cards for Catalog Tote

You can get those, but honestly I just use my catalogs or Recruiting flyers. =)

awesome thanks!

The catalog tote is definitely a great tool. I agree with the others who said to be "ready" with minis or door prize slips to get their info, but also make sure you are "approachable" when you carry it. Are you rushing crazily into and out of the grocery store with a scowl on your face b/c you have a ton of things on your mind and almost no time to do it all (I'm totally guilty of this myself!), or do you have a smile on your face, look relaxed and like someone who would be nice to talk to about PC? Make sure you think about that any time you wear PC logo clothing or carry your tote, because you are representing your business every time you do that. Good luck!!

babywings76 said:
It is SOO worth it! I get people who stop me every now and then.

Just today, in fact! I was at Walmart getting my car's oil changed with DH, he was at the register and I was hanging around. A lady came up to me and asked if I had any catalogs left. I told her that was the only one I had with me that day but I'd be glad to mail her one. I have one of those little accordion files (recipe card size) that I bought from Merrill, but you can improvise with something else. In it I keep different recipe cards that I labelled w/ my info. I also keep one of the door prize drawing slips pads in there, too. I whip that out and ask for her address and e-mail. I ask her if she has a favorite product or anything that she needs recipes for. I tell her I will e-mail her those recipes that I find to be a match w/ her interest along w/ a copy of my latest e-mail newsletter. Then I'll be mailing her a new catalog. She gives me her filled out slip and I hand her a recipe with a smile. :) She marked on there that she is interested in hosting "maybe", so now I know I have a pretty good lead!

Get it! Even if you don't have people approach you every day. There will be at some point someone who will, or people will at least know what you do. And those people that you see on a daily basis will have that brand name recognition thing going on. ;)

Ooooh I LOVE that sneaky way of getting their email address!! I'm so going to start doing that! I like my tote - I'm not dependant on it to get peep's attention, but I've gotten a few. :)

MAY I SAY, I use my catalog EVERY day. I have had so many responses from it it's crazy! Believe me I have a ton of "upscale, Coach, etc. purses" but I only carry the tote because I get such a great response. I ALWAYS put the catalog side outward automatically for people to see ( they say "do it 23 times it's a habit"). I have booked numerous shows and gotten orders from just having the catalog tote showing... SIDE NOTE; frustrates my husband, daughter, best friend and others to no end because I'm so "above that"... NOT!!!!!

I use my Cat tote instead of a purse as well... and the first 2 months or so, got NOTHING! However, as of September or so (I just got mine from Conference! Yay for FREE tote!), I get a nod at LEAST once a week! Just recently I was at the vet, and the girl was distracted by the bamboo bowls on the front! I'm calling back tomorrow to see if they want to do an office party (and make an appt for my other dog to get fixed!). I get a lot of looks at my sons school, his teacher LOVES pc. So, no, not everyone will look at your bag and talk to you, but it does break the ice. I'm not good at going up to someone cold turkey and asking! I keep mini-cats, recipe cards, pens with my labels on them (I ask the person to fill out my post it note with their info and they get to keep my pen and whatever else I give them!), and "Think about it" booklets if they are interested in a show. Just be careful not to fill it too much, it holds a lot of stuff!! And I just use a Catalog in the clear pocket, I don't use the billboards.

p.s. i love the door prize slips idea, that's awesome! I usually just put a post it note on the back of the cat so if I give them something, I just get the info on the post it note that's already on the item, no searching for something seperate. But I like that idea too!

MarineGurl020412 said:
How do I get a Catalog tote? I am not sure where to order it.

Yup $15 on the supply order (which ... since you are on my team ... if you promote to Senior Consultant, you get $15 Pampered Chef Dollars from my upline for promoting & you can order it for FREE! :D)

I think the catalog tote is a totally brilliant idea, its just a bit harder for us guys to pull off :( I'm thinking of maybe designing a catalog golf bag...

Man in the Kitchen said:
I think the catalog tote is a totally brilliant idea, its just a bit harder for us guys to pull off :( I'm thinking of maybe designing a catalog golf bag...

Seems like a catalog back pack would be good for guys (and girls).

Or maybe a utility/messenger bag with a smaller slot for the mini size. I can see a man carrying that off. I definitely think the attitude you have on when you wear it plays a big part. Just think in reverse. If you saw someone wearing a catty tote of another company you like, would you be more likely to approach if they were slowly browsing or quickly picking up items, smiling and making eye contact or engrossed in their task at hand. I don't think I ever got approached because I was always running in and out with two little ones at my side! I have mentioned this before but if you like the idea of a catalog tote but don't like how ours is shaped or the material, you can get a custom one made at a few sites on etsy.com just search consultant tote. Mara

1. What is a Catalog Tote?

A Catalog Tote is a stylish and durable bag that is specifically designed to hold and protect your Pampered Chef catalogs. It has multiple pockets and compartments to keep your catalogs organized and easily accessible.

2. How big is the Catalog Tote?

The Catalog Tote measures 14 inches wide by 10 inches high, with a 6-inch gusset. It can hold up to 10 catalogs, depending on their thickness.

3. Is the Catalog Tote machine washable?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is machine washable on a gentle cycle. We recommend using a mild detergent and air drying to preserve the bag's integrity.

4. Can I personalize the Catalog Tote?

Unfortunately, the Catalog Tote is not currently available for personalization. However, it comes in a neutral color that can easily be decorated with your own personal touch.

5. Can I use the Catalog Tote for other purposes?

While the Catalog Tote is designed for Pampered Chef catalogs, it can also be used to carry other items such as books, notebooks, or laptops. Its sturdy construction and multiple pockets make it a versatile bag for various uses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • rebajoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies