• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Show Struggles: Am I Alone? Seeking Solutions from Fellow Consultants

In summary, Krzymom is seeking advice on whether or not to stop hosting her catalog shows because they haven't been doing well.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I am seeking to find out if I am alone in the world of catalog shows....I was supposed to have 5 since Oct. They either take on one of three personalities: 1) They can't get qualified so I have to add it to another show. 2) The host disappears and won't answer my calls or return them. 3) Or they are supposed to close one month and then end up closing it 2 months later. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I try to host coach for the ones that will answer my calls. I have tried to get them excited about all the benefits they can get(especially this month). Is anyone else having this problem? I am debating whether or not to stop having this as an option.
Any thoughts?

catalog shows are hard because unless the customers already know about PC the products seem too expensive...at least in my area. I was the same way. Until I actually saw the products and touched them I always thought they were way too expensive and I could get the product at Wal Mart. I think Catalog host get discouraged easier too. That is just my opinion.

Krzymom--I host coach in person. This is incredibly more important to do with a catalog show host. Most of the time a host will opt for a catalog show because she has never had a Cooking show and doesn't know what to expect. Meeting with your host in person is very important. It helps them to put a face to the paperwork giving them a sense of obligation (not in a bad way--it just makes you more real to them). You are also able to read their body language to see if you need to explain something in greater detail.

Since I began including my catalog shows in my in person host coaching that show average has gone up. I used to be lucky if they got over $300 in sales now they all seem to hit that and sometimes much more. I can tell I have much happier catalog hosts that in the future may opt for a cooking show because they understand the process now.

In some cases it is impossible to do a face to face meeting because they are out of state or something. For these I just cross my fingers. But I do not rely on the catalog shows. They are like gravy.

Also, I try to give them a 2-3 week window of time. If we start the catalog party on the 1st we want to close it by the 15th. When they have that deadline already allowing them 1 extra week sounds like a gift. Then they won't stretch out forever.

I hope these tips help you. Catalog shows offer a good buffer for weaker booked months. I like to have at least 2 going each month. Without these it hinders your success, so I think you should reconsider giving them up all together.

Last edited:
Personally, I get along with catalog shows, for the most part, pretty good. But it does help if the host has had a show or seen the products first hand to know how to explain the product in question to the buying guest. I have had about 3 1000+ catalog shows. Which I LOVE because they are doing more of the work than me and I get commission and am hardly out anything. But sometimes it is harder to get in touch with them that is for sure. No matter which way we look at it in this business, we are going to win some and lose some. It doesnt matter if it is kitchen or catalog show, we are going to have problems. Even if we host coach like crazy, there are still those out there that do not cooperate. With working full time, being pregnant, dealing with my brother having lung cancer and my mom and her back problems, I totally love catalog shows!!

Catalog shows are my bread and butter...........I love catalog shows. I have had more of them than Kitchen shows. The lowest has been $270 and I am getting ready to close on a $700 one. I am in the Air Force as well so I know tons of people all over the world. I can't complain at all. My lower shows have been held by the same person but bless him he tries and that is all I can ask!! LOL
Cynthia

food or samples?I was wondering the other day if there's something I could do to bring a little of the kitchen show to a catalog show...for example: give the catalog host a sample pkg of spice and one of the prep bowls for them to make a dip (she provide the chips) and leave on their desk at work or breakroom, or pass around to people whenever she drops off a catalog? She can maybe keep the bowl if her sales are $300 or something....just thinking, may not be realistic....

1. How do I get more people to book catalog shows?

The best way to get more people to book catalog shows is to reach out to your existing network and offer incentives for hosting a show, such as free products or discounts. You can also utilize social media and other online platforms to reach a wider audience.

2. How do I keep my hosts engaged and motivated throughout the catalog show?

One way to keep your hosts engaged is to communicate regularly and provide them with tips and ideas for promoting their show. You can also offer special deals or bonuses for hosts who reach certain sales goals.

3. How can I increase sales for my catalog shows?

To increase sales for your catalog shows, make sure to include high-quality images and detailed descriptions of products in your catalog. You can also offer bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items.

4. How do I handle late or cancelled orders from catalog shows?

It's important to have clear policies in place for late or cancelled orders. Make sure to communicate these policies to your hosts and customers beforehand. If an order is late or cancelled, try offering a discount or free product as a gesture of goodwill.

5. What are some creative ways to promote catalog shows?

Some creative ways to promote catalog shows include hosting a virtual party, collaborating with other consultants for a joint show, and offering personalized shopping experiences such as in-home demonstrations or online consultations. You can also offer themed shows, such as a holiday or recipe-specific show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshakeerah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies