• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Get the Same Benefits for a Catalog Show as a Regular Show?

In summary,A catalog show is different than a kitchen show in that the host does not receive the $15 Hospitality Bonus. However, all the host benefits are the same, except for the free product benefit.
PamperedJess
I have a question...I have someone who wants to book a catalog show. Will she be able to get the same benefits as a regular show. 1/2 price items...etc?

Catalogue show hosts get the all the same benefits as a kitchen show host except for the free product benefit. If you look on the show planner sheet that you give to hosts (or in recipe for success)at the host rewards program chart you see the guest sales to free product ratio. Catalogue shows get $15 less in free product than kitchen shows do. So for $200 in sales they get $10 in free product. $300- $25 in free product, $400- $45 in free products, ect.. Its good that you asked though because my first catalogue show that someone did for me I thought they got the same in free products as kitchen show hosts. I ended up being out some money since I told my host they got the same as a kitchen show.

Definately! The only thing she will not get to have is the $15 bonus for hospitality for having the ingredients and having a show in her home. But that is it, all the rest will be the same! Good Luck!

Thanks so much I really appreciate the input :)

The big difference between catalog and kitchen shows is that YOU don't get the contacts for referrals for future shows and recruits. Be sure to ask the host for contact information so you can do Customer Care and HAVE that referral information.

I have had a great response in booking shows from Catalog Shows lately. It may be due in part to the new host benefits. I have always coached my catalog shows just like a Kitchen Show but have been really pushing the host booking benefit more to the Catalog Hosts. Plus, I tell them that I like to have at least 2 bookings from each show. I normally just get one from a Catalog Show but at least the host knows what I expect and asks guests for those bookings.

Re: Catalog showsss. HELPI just joined this week. Is there a section in the kit that explains how a catalog show is different from a kitchen show?

Sherri

Clarification PleaseIf the main difference in host benefits for a catalog show vs. a kitchen show is that the host does not receive the $15 Hospitality Bonus, does that mean a $150-$199 catalog show will still get the host 15% off her order?

Thanks

Paula in TN

Yes...but tell her if she would get just one more order, she would start earning free products as well. I really try to get my hosts of catalog shows around $350...so they can feel it's worth something to them. Before I started as a consultant, I only did catalog shows...because I lived so far away from my friends/co-workers (that's what they said). I'm an RN who works in a hospital (health workers LOVE to eat!) so I would bring the catalog to work...I usually had $700-800 catalog shows. No wonder my director recruited me. She would say I had bigger catalog shows than most of her kitchen shows. I've had a couple catalog shows like that now...why can't they all be like that?

Nancy

pelamm said:
If the main difference in host benefits for a catalog show vs. a kitchen show is that the host does not receive the $15 Hospitality Bonus, does that mean a $150-$199 catalog show will still get the host 15% off her order?

Thanks

Paula in TN

Another Catalog Show question...I have tried to do only two catalog shows...and I have NOT had either of them close! The hosts act all excited and then I try to do my host coaching and they NEVER answer nor return my calls!!! One lady even had $90 in orders and another lady asked for 3 more catalogs to pass around!!! What am I supposed to do? I hate feeling like a "stalker" but I don't understand why they don't follow through after they're all excited about it! And I wish they would just answer the phone and tell me that they decided not to do it instead of ignoring me. Perhaps I am doing something wrong....any advice???

thanks,
maria

Waiting for any advice you get. I have the same problems with catalog orders. They just drag on and on. :(

I print on the bottom of my OOF "Order and payment due by xx/xx/xx ". This lets catalog "guests" and hosts know in no uncertain terms. Just my 2 cents.

Paula in TN

I've had them drag on and on also. The problem
comes into play when people start wondering where
there stuff is. I always tell my catalog hosts to pick
a date and tell everyone that orders when we are closing.
I also stress the fact that if they sold guest specials, we
have to close by a certain date. It also helps if they want
the host special for the month.

I just keep calling and when I do get them on the phone
I tell them we need to set a date and stick with it for the
above reasons.

Barb

I usually tell them that I need all orders with payments by a certain date. I do a lot of emailing because I am home when most people are working (and then work when they are home) and just send out reminders and check on their progress. I usually give them about 3 weeks for their shows...and tell them I need their orders by the 25th or so (if I'm trying to get shows in for that month). That way, it gives you a few extra days just in case they don't have it on the original day.

Nancy

Not responding to consultant callsMSmith (and others),

I have to admit I have been guilty of that :eek: I know it is not professional. I did this with a PartyLite consultant, I did not want to tell her that I had read a lot of bad things about the company, the products, and the consultants. I had asked her for business info as well. So after I read all the negative things I did not even want to do a show. Not only that but the products are expensive. She ended up calling me about every other day and I would say "oh sorry I can't talk right now can I call you back" and then not call. I felt like she was stalking me! She kept emailing me and it got to the point where I was afraid to answer my home phone AND my cell phone because it might be her. One time I let it go to the answering machine but there was a hang up so I did *6-9 and it was a number I did not recognize. It could have been anyone but I thought it was her because I had said I would call her back that evening but hadn't yet.

So I guess sales consultants need to know when to draw the line. I know if you have no customers you have no money but you have to know when to move on. I would say that if your hostess cancels her show then call her and say something like "It's a shame you had to cancel your show, I have these dates open, which one works best for you?" And if she says "I am not interested at this time" Then say "No problem, would it be OK if I contact you when the new (spring/summer/fall) products come out to let you know of the new line and specials?" If she says yes then make a note to follow up then. If she says no then say "no problem, well if you decide in the future that you would like to have a show please give me a call." Then let it go. You might never get her business but there are plenty of other people out there who will have their show and enjoy it! Maybe she will contact you in 6 months or 6 years, but she will appreciate not being pressured.

Just my $0.02.. ;)

Anne C.

I treat catalog shows the same as kitchen shows. I host coach 3 times, and let them know when I will be calling. I give them a deadline for the catalog show, and I mention the deadline in each of my three calls. On my 2nd call I say something along the lines of..." Susie, just a reminder that I need to have all your orders by the 25th. I will give you a call on the 22nd to see if you're about ready to close your show. If you have any questions between now and then, just give me a call."

It seems to work.

Lisa S said:
I treat catalog shows the same as kitchen shows. I host coach 3 times, and let them know when I will be calling. I give them a deadline for the catalog show, and I mention the deadline in each of my three calls. On my 2nd call I say something along the lines of..." Susie, just a reminder that I need to have all your orders by the 25th. I will give you a call on the 22nd to see if you're about ready to close your show. If you have any questions between now and then, just give me a call."

It seems to work.

I also host coach a catalog show with the 3 call system (and send 1-2 postcards in between calls). I can't say that I have never had a MIA catalog host but I have learned that if they won't answer the phone and/or return your calls after 7-14 days then let them go. I used to worry about 1-2 orders they may or may not have and customers wondering where their products are but have realized we can only do so much when a host refuses to live up to their end of the bargain. As long as we are doing our job by attempting to close a show than what more can we do without "stalking"?

1. What is a catalog show?

A catalog show is a way for you to host a Pampered Chef party without having to physically gather your friends and family in one location. Instead, you will share the Pampered Chef catalog with them and collect orders from them. This allows you to earn host rewards and free products without the hassle of hosting a traditional in-person party.

2. How do I host a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show is easy! Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know that you are interested in hosting a catalog show. They will provide you with a catalog and order forms, as well as help you set up your show and answer any questions you may have.

3. How do I collect orders for a catalog show?

There are a few different ways you can collect orders for your catalog show. You can share the catalog and order forms with your friends and family in person, through social media, or via email. You can also set up a virtual party where your guests can place their orders online. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with any necessary tools.

4. How long does a catalog show last?

The length of a catalog show can vary, but typically they last for 10-14 days. This gives your guests enough time to browse the catalog, place their orders, and for the orders to be shipped to you for distribution. Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to determine the best timeline for your specific catalog show.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show has many benefits! Not only do you get to earn free products and host rewards, but you also have the opportunity to introduce your friends and family to high-quality Pampered Chef products. Additionally, by hosting a catalog show, you are supporting a small business and helping your consultant reach their sales goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahmyers
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • mrshamel3808