• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Sales with Catalog Show: Tips for Distributing and Maximizing Results

sorry for the confusion.You can submit the orders as individual orders, but you will have to pay the shipping costs. You can also submit them as a fundraiser and have the money go to ACS.
AlowayFamily
Gold Member
I am thinking about handing a couple of catalogs to some people who work at large companies. I am going to ask them to place the catalogs in their breakroom and I will have several OOF in each catalog. I will offer the catalog show to the person I am giving the catalogs, so she will get some free product.

My questions:
(1) Does anyone put a flyer of any kind with the catalogs - to help sell the products?
(2) If the person I give the catalogs doesn't follow up with people, how do people who want to buy stuff get their order to me? Do I hope they call me?
(3) Do you provide an incentive to the person helping you to ensure she checks on the catalog, takes orders and gets it back to you? One lady I am handing the catalogs to is a bit wishy-washy and I am afraid she may not check on the catalogs.
(4) Is it worth the time and trouble to even do this? :confused:

I have attached the flyer that I put on every catalog that I give to a business for catalog shows. I change the back for the specials.

I have found that your contact person at the business is really the only way to follow up unless someone wants something. I have had a decent ($300) catalog show and one where there were no orders by doing this. I think that it is really hit or miss unfortunately.

I would maybe offer an incentive (like 10% off her order), but I usually find that doing a mystery host is incentive enough.

Is it worth it? That's up to you and where you are right now and where you want to be. If you are wanting to build your business in anyway, I don't think that it could hurt. You just have to make sure that you are following up with the co-ordinator frequently.

Attachments

• Mystery host flyer.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 568
Andrea,

Thanks for the info. I just found out that an order I was relying on to help me reach my $1250 for SS1 is not coming through. I am about $270 short of meeting $1250. I really need the orders from the businesses, because I want my FREE stuff. I did a mystery host for my first show, and it worked well. I'll do that for this business as well.

I stupidly gave away over $150 to my recruiter because she needed $15 to stay active. We did a fundraiser together and we couldn't figure out how to separate the order. Maybe I should give her $15 and take the order back. She'll get $50 in PC dollars if she lets me have the order and reach $1250 for the month.

Okay I just looked at the flyer and that is great! How do I convert it to Word so I can change the contact information? Or do I just re-type?

I figured out how to copy and paste it to Word, so I have it now. Thanks!

copy and paste??How did you get it to copy and paste to word? All I get is a little hand that won't let me do anything.

I think I have the "full" version of Acrobat. I will attach the Word document I created.

Attachments

• There is a Mystery Host among you.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 576
Thank you Nancy for posting that in word, I can work with publisher and pagemaker like no one but word gets me everytime...I can be quite a dork!

Talk to your recruiter and tell her that if you take the order back and let her have part of it (one of you can eat the shipping cost...I would make that be her) and you take the rest then you both will benefit, you get the free stuff and she gets her 50 PC dollars sooner!

How do I give her part of the order? Can we submit them as invidiual orders, although it is a fundraiser and we want the money to go to ACS? Also, we already collected checks for the orders, so we have to pay for the extra shipping costs if we did individual orders. Is that what you mean by eating the shipping costs?

Honestly, if it were me and I only needed $15 to stay active I would submit a personal order for myself in someone else's name and not rely on my recruit to help me stay active (and that is very nice of you to do, by the way). Then the large order can stay together for the fundraiser. I had a brain fart and didn't realize that the $150 order was for a fundraiser. So, I guess you couldn't split the order unless you did take part of it and did an individual order for that part, and yes...one would have to pay the extra shipping cost (or eating the cost) but, then you would have the issue of the fundraiser being shy on donations because the personal order can't go towards the fundraiser. So, in essence, what I would do is take back the $150 order and ask her if she wouldn't mind placing an order for herself to stay active.

That's what I thought. I sent her an email and asked if she would give me the order, so we can both benefit from it. Again, I stupidly gave permission for the checks to be made out to her and now I have to get the money from her as well.

I am going to call Curves and ask them if I can go back there on Saturday and try and get more orders so we can get the show bigger for HWC. I'll go by myself this time...

1. How can I host a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show is easy! Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you set up an online party. You can also choose to host a traditional show at your home or a virtual show through a video call.

2. Are there any benefits to hosting a catalog show?

Yes, there are many benefits to hosting a catalog show. You will earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show. You will also have the opportunity to try new products and share your love for Pampered Chef with your friends and family.

3. How long does a catalog show last?

The length of a catalog show can vary depending on your preference and schedule. Traditional shows typically last around 2 hours, while online and virtual shows can last anywhere from a few days to a week.

4. Can I earn rewards from a catalog show if I'm not the host?

Yes, you can earn rewards by placing an individual order through a catalog show. Just be sure to mention the host's name when placing your order so they receive credit for your purchase.

5. How do I place an order through a catalog show?

To place an order through a catalog show, simply contact the host or Pampered Chef consultant and let them know which products you would like to purchase. They will then process your order and arrange for delivery or shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • ashwee310