• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Show Question

soulsing

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2005
Does anyone do postcard announcements for Catalog Hosts? I have a host who does not have internet or email, but I would like to let people know she's having a Catalog Show and that they can use my personal website to place orders. I thought it might help increase sales if I sent out some type of postcard annoucing her show, her contact number, and my website info. Any thoughts? I'd love to see a invite/annoucement if anyone has one. Thanks!

sailortena

Feb 3, 2006
Why not just have her give you emails of all her friends, family, etc., and use your web site to send e-invites? It will certainly save you some money on postage.

soulsing

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2005
That's a thought. But that would mean she'd have to call everyone just to get their email addresses which would be more work than I believe she'd be willing to do. Physical addresses are something most people have handy, so I thought postcards might be easier on her. I will ask her though. Thanks for the input.

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
What if you just send invites to everyone, but say right on the invitation that it's a catalog/online show. Maybe give a prize for everyone who uses the website to order. (Like a $1 Season's Best). I always put a label on my invites that refers to my website so that if they can't attend they can place an order on-line. Maybe you could also make a label and mention an incentive for booking a show of their own too. I think this would be a great way to increase sales and bookings from a catalog show.

chefkeri

Oct 3, 2005
Maybe this too...

Along the lines of the (sending invitations) under Place: put your web site address and/or your phone #. Under Time: put 24/7 (or something catchy). I like the idea of the $1 SB book give away too... Maybe also, if the guests, get a guest or an Outside order, they can be entered for a "mystery prize" (w/o giving away your commissions).

I've had some "blazay" hosts. I hope yours is excited about her show. I always try to boost my blazay hosts, but offering to help her/him w/ contacting their guests. (w/o being pushy to either. ;) )

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!