• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Show Question: Tax Charges for Orders with Consultant Acting as Host

In summary, the conversation discusses a consultant's confusion about charging taxes for a catalog show. It is suggested that the consultant make sure their address is entered in the P3 system to calculate the tax rate. They can also manually add the tax rate if it does not automatically appear. The conversation also mentions a "look up rate" option for finding the tax rate by entering the zip code. It is advised to make sure the customer's tax information is correct if the order is being shipped directly to them. The consultant is congratulated on joining the company and good luck is wished for their show.
pc_jessica
Not sure if this is the right place for this question. I just started selling PC last wednesday and I am doing a catalog show well I set out a catalog at work and am taking orders. If I put the show under catalog in P3 and list the host as me (consultant acting as host), I put in the orders but it does not charge the customer any tax. Is that right? I am thinking that they should be charged some sort of tax.

You need to make sure your address is in and it will calculate the tax once that is done. :)

Make sure you have your address in on first tab (name and address). On the right side it should have a tax rate. You can add it in manually if it isn't coming in automatically.

I tried that it won't let me click on the manual tab to make it active...I'm at a lost ugh

Okay, now I got it!!! THanks for you help :)

On your name and address page under the show, there is a box on the right side that says "tax info". You enter in your county and if it'll put it in. There's also a "look up rate" link that you can click. Enter in the zip code and it'll show you what your rate is. Then you can enter that into P3 and then the proper amounts will start showing up. If anyone is getting their order shipped directly, you'll need their full address and make sure that their tax info shows up for their zip code.Hope that helps! :) And congratulations!!! Welcome to PC and CS! :D

okay, so I was a bit late at posting...you all had the complete conversation in the time I read your question and responded. :blushing: :)

babywings76 said:
okay, so I was a bit late at posting...you all had the complete conversation in the time I read your question and responded. :blushing: :)

LOL, I've done that before!

Glad you figured it out - congrats on joining up with us, and good luck on your show!

thanks everyone!

What is a catalog show?

A catalog show is a way for you to host a Pampered Chef party without having to actually gather people in your home. Instead, you will share a catalog with your friends, family, and acquaintances and collect orders from them. This allows them to shop at their convenience and for you to earn host rewards.

How do I host a catalog show?

To host a catalog show, you will need to contact a Pampered Chef consultant and request a catalog. The consultant will assist you in setting up a party link and provide you with information on how to share the catalog and collect orders. You can also choose to have a virtual party with your consultant guiding you through the process.

How long does a catalog show last?

The duration of a catalog show is typically 2 weeks. This gives your friends and family enough time to browse the catalog and place their orders. However, you can discuss with your consultant if you need to extend the duration of the show.

What are the benefits of hosting a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales of your show. You can also earn host-exclusive products at a discounted price. It is a great way to stock up on your favorite Pampered Chef items or try out new products.

Can I still have a catalog show if I don't live in the same area as my consultant?

Yes, you can still host a catalog show even if you don't live in the same area as your consultant. With advancements in technology, you can easily share the catalog and collect orders virtually. Your consultant will also be able to assist you remotely throughout the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies