• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I host a catalog show from overseas for my friend in the US?

I mentioned earlier...I use the direct shipping option 99% of the time, it's cheaper and my customers love it!!!!
redd3708
Alrighty....I have a friends in the US that I think would like to host a catalog show, BUT I am overseas in Japan. How would I go about do that? I know I would have to send her catalogs, order forms, etc....but would her shipping be only $4 since she's in the US? (For us "Overseas People"....we either do direct shipping or 15% of their product total.) I'd appreciate y'all's help. :)

Oh! One more thing...would I have to incorporate her state tax and such?

It would be $4 shipping since it would be sent to the hostsesses house and yes you would charge the tax in her area.

I do this all the time, Redd!!! The beauty of our websites, we have the capabilities to do it!!!! If all of the customers are in one place, yes use the $4 shipping!!! If they are spread out all over the country (like most of mine are), use direct shipping!!

You can go into CC and get each tax rate based on zip code if they are all spread out. You can enter each one differently using the 'Special Tax' button on PP. If you are just shipping to the host in one place, use the host's tax rate for her zip code.

If you set the host up in your website, all of their customers can go straight there to order!! They can choose 'Ship to Host' or 'Ship directly to customer' on the website. This way they can use their credit cards instead of you having to wait for their checks, or the host's check to get to you before you submit!!! The host can even e-invite instead of just telling people about it when she sees them!!!

Let me know if you need anything else!! I know how it is, and I feel your pain being overseas!!!

Oh! Thanks alot Stephanie! You've helped alot! :)

The 15% shipping option ships the show to the host right? If so, the host could get into major trouble with the Post Office if she's using her PSC box (if the Post Office has the same rules as the ones here). My husband works at the Post Office here in Okinawa so I get to hear about all of the horror stories. Just the other day a Host for one of those Pleasure Parties lost her box because she had her show shipped to her. Not only that but everything was confiscated and people aren't able to get their money back. Now she has to rent a PO Box out in town. I just don't want any of that to happen to you or any of your hosts! I'd definitely check the rules and regulations at your local Post Office before sending everything to the hosts.

This is precisely why I only use direct shipping!!! Most of the time, at least for my customers, it's cheaper than the 15% too!! Once you spend $65, it's $14 no matter how much more you order!! I use that incentive to get people over that mark, they think they are getting a better deal that way!!!!

Yeah I totally agree. Direct shipping is so much better. I also tell my customers that spending a few extra bucks in shipping is definitely worth not having to wait for the Host to deliver all of the products to them. Once I tell them that, they usually don't have a problem with the shipping charges.

pampered_usmc said:
The 15% shipping option ships the show to the host right? If so, the host could get into major trouble with the Post Office if she's using her PSC box (if the Post Office has the same rules as the ones here). My husband works at the Post Office here in Okinawa so I get to hear about all of the horror stories. Just the other day a Host for one of those Pleasure Parties lost her box because she had her show shipped to her. Not only that but everything was confiscated and people aren't able to get their money back. Now she has to rent a PO Box out in town. I just don't want any of that to happen to you or any of your hosts! I'd definitely check the rules and regulations at your local Post Office before sending everything to the hosts.

Then why does PC offer the 15% shipping rate if we can get in trouble?

It's actually a recent change to the policy. PC has always gone strictly by MPS rules and regs, some bases have changed so they changed too. It will vary base by base. I just don't take the risk with being at Ramstein, you may want to call to be sure at your base. Like I said, most of my customers are happy to go with direct shipping. Our packages usually arrive in about 3-4 days, they are always pleased with the quick turn around because they didn't have to wait for the hosts!!!

I think the 15% shipping charge is more for the states and American Territories that lay outside of the US....Hawaii, Alaska, Guam...ect. It takes about 2 weeks for our products to be shipped to Okinawa so I'm sure Yokota would be about the same. I sent Pampered Chef an email asking them to start making outside order forms for strictly Direct Shipping but I never got a straight answer from them so I started making them myself. My customers would always get confused on which shipping to use with the other order forms. This really helped a lot. I attached June's outside order form in case you would like to use it. :)

Attachments

• June Outside Order Form.doc
    119 KB · Views: 358
Oh thank you pampered_usmc! That would help out alot. Do you make your out outside order forms for each month?

stephanieboyd said:
Our packages usually arrive in about 3-4 days, they are always pleased with the quick turn around because they didn't have to wait for the hosts!!!

Do you mean....that the guests don't have to wait for the host to hand out their orders? Or is there a way to send-in each order separately but under the same host? (Sorry, I am still new to this.)

Yes I make one for each month or at least I will until I move back to the states. It's really easy to update the order forms though.

1. How can I participate in a catalog show from overseas?

To participate in a catalog show from overseas, you can either host a show or be a guest at a show. Hosting a show means you gather orders from friends and family, while being a guest means you place an order through a host in your home country.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if I am hosting a catalog show from overseas?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards when hosting a catalog show from overseas. The rewards will be based on the total sales from your show, regardless of the location of the orders.

3. How will shipping and handling fees be calculated for orders placed through a catalog show from overseas?

The shipping and handling fees for orders placed through a catalog show from overseas will be calculated based on the shipping address of each individual order. Orders shipping to the same address will be combined to reduce the overall shipping cost.

4. Can I use a credit card with a foreign billing address to pay for my catalog show order?

Yes, you can use a credit card with a foreign billing address to pay for your catalog show order. However, please note that some credit card companies may charge a foreign transaction fee.

5. Are there any restrictions on the products available for catalog shows from overseas?

There are no restrictions on the products available for catalog shows from overseas. However, please note that some products may not be available in all countries due to shipping restrictions or availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Candice
Replies
Views
BettyBoop