• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Pampered Chef? Tips for Successful Catalog Showings

In Summary,Becky's advice is to just give it a try - even if you're a bit nervous. Kitchen shows can be quite successful, but they do require more work on the host's part. The benefits of doing both are the same - great commission and credit, and the opportunity to meet potential customers in person. Website inclusion can help by increasing the number of leads generated. Thanks for the tips everyone!
JLynn
Hello!!
I am brand new to PC and feel I'm not ready to do a Kitchen Show yet... Are catalog shows successful for anyone and if so could you lend a few tips? Thank you in advance...

There are some consultants out there who primarily do catalog shows. From my experience, my catalog show totals aren't as high as kitchen show totals. If you're really in it for the income, kitchen shows are the way to go. It just makes such a difference when people see the products in action. Although I have had some great catalog shows ($500-$800 a few times).

If you're hesitant about doing kitchen shows due to shyness or fear of messing up, don't worry! We all have embarrassing shows. I still can't believe I decided to give PC a try because i was the shyest person! It got so much easier the more shows I did. It's such a relaxed atmosphere that it doesn't matter if it's not perfect. That just shows all the guests that you don't have to be perfect to do this job. We're "pampered" chefs, not "perfect" chefs, as I've heard on this board a lot!

Getting bookings is more difficult from catalog shows, but if you really promote it you could probably still make a good business of it. I'll attach some forms that I use for catalog shows. Some have been on here before, but it's nice because we all borrow from each other. Good luck! My advice would be just to try a couple kitchen shows and see how they go. Then you'd have something to compare your catalog shows to...sales, bookings and recruit leads.

It's not letting me attach anything. i'll try in another post.

3rd try with attachmentsOK, let's try again...

Thanks so much!!!Thank you Becky for the information!!! Maybe the nervousness will pass and I will be able to do a Kitchen Show soon. Thanks for the encouragment!!

No problem! I was the same way and now I've been doing this over two years. Have fun with it! :)

Do book shows count towards your 4 shows for SS1?

Yes, they doAs long as the sales are $150 or more before s/h and taxes both Kitchen and Catelog shows count.

Hope that helps,

Jodi
(who also rides a Harley :) )

catalog showsI actually do more catalog shows then I do kitchen shows only becasue I have a 10 month old son and we live in a very small farming town so most of my shows come from out of the area.

Dennis,
Catalog shows are the same as Kitchen shows, the only difference is the Host benefit of the show. Catalog show hosts do not get the initial $15 for having a show, that is a hospitality bonus for opening their home to us. But all of the other benefits are the same. You get the same commission and credit for the show. Hope I helped.

Debbie :)

Include website with your catalog shows!!!I am also very new to PC. My first kitchwn show is 8/6 (daughter's house). I have already closed one catalog show ($210). And working on closing another before end of month. I have 2 catalog shows booked , 1 in August and 1 in September. The August hostess was the first to use my website and got 3 orders in one day. The second, (September) show will be just interent because the girl sells another line of products and doesn't want to ask in person. The cost of website is $7 month, so after $35 in sales each month is reach is profit. And starting 9/1, it will be less work for us.

I am the process of making 3 August catalog hostess packets at this moment. I have 5 August kitchen show packets ready to give out.

These boards have been so helpful thanks to all,
Good Luck

dont give upI am new to the Pampered Chef myself. I just started in may and up until 2 days ago I had seriously considered not doing this anymore. I live in a small town so getting shows is hard to do. I have had 2 cancellations both with 2 days notice before cancelling and both at the end of the month. The two shows I have done only had 2 people at both but luckily they had plenty of outside orders to qualify as a show. But I have 2 shows this week and the one on tuesday there is already a guarantee of 7 people to show up with more to come and over 150 of outside orders already. The other show I was told today the girl has over 130 dollars in outside orders and her show isnt until next saturday. so if I can do it anybody can. Dont give up. Make flyers, talk to anybody adn everybody that will listen, post ads in newspapers, do what it takes but dont give up!!! Hope I have encouraged someone out there
:cool:

Monica Sweet
Kitchen Consultant
Houston, Ms. [email protected]

What is a catalog showing?

A catalog showing is a way for customers to view and purchase Pampered Chef products by browsing through a catalog and placing an order through a consultant.

How can I have a successful catalog showing?

To have a successful catalog showing, it is important to promote the event through social media, word of mouth, and by handing out catalogs to potential customers. It is also helpful to offer incentives or discounts for hosting a show.

Do I need to have a physical location to host a catalog showing?

No, you do not need to have a physical location to host a catalog showing. Many consultants hold shows in their own homes, but you can also host a virtual show online through social media or video conferencing.

What are some tips for engaging customers during a catalog showing?

Some tips for engaging customers during a catalog showing include demonstrating products, offering samples or taste tests, and providing helpful cooking or entertaining tips using Pampered Chef products.

How can I increase sales during a catalog showing?

To increase sales during a catalog showing, it is important to follow up with customers after the event and offer personalized product recommendations based on their interests or needs. You can also offer special deals or discounts for customers who make a purchase during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cs25
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kylev