• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Avon to Friends & Family: Questions Answered

In summary,Can you simply sell things to friends/family, whomever from the catalog without having an official kitchen show? I know I would have to have some, but between shows if I have returning customers, can they just order anytime and I will still get commission? Sorry this might seem like a dumb question...I keep coming up with them since i'm trying to decide whether to become a seller. You can have as many catalog shows as you would like. My Upline Director feels that catalog shows arent as beneficial as kitchen shows but I think they are. As long as you have sales of $150 you can count it as a catalog show and still get commission.
mdsigler
Can you simply sell things to friends/family, whomever from the catalog without having an official kitchen show? I know I would have to have some, but between shows if I have returning customers, can they just order anytime and I will still get commission? Sorry this might seem like a dumb question...I keep coming up with them since i'm trying to decide whether to become a seller.

You can have as many catalog shows as you would like. My Upline Director feels that catalog shows arent as beneficial as kitchen shows but I think they are. As long as you have sales of $150 you can count it as a catalog show and still get commission. Or sometimes customers need something right away that I usually send in as an "Individual Order" and you can still get commission off it. PC focuses on kitchen shows so customers can see the tools and how they work. But if customers have been to alot of shows it doesnt matter to them to see it again. I have had $1500 catalog shows before! This is your business and you can run it how you want!!

I'd love to have you on my team, MDSigler! Email me for more information: [email protected].

mdsigler said:
Can you simply sell things to friends/family, whomever from the catalog without having an official kitchen show? I know I would have to have some, but between shows if I have returning customers, can they just order anytime and I will still get commission? Sorry this might seem like a dumb question...I keep coming up with them since i'm trying to decide whether to become a seller.

One of the great things about Pampered Chef is that it can work for almost any situation. There are many consultants who only do catalogs.

What is the reason you only want to do catalogs? There are people who are very successful with catalog shows, but I happen to think it is easier to get higher sales from kitchen shows. I think it is harder for your hosts to sell products that the guests have not seen. If your goal for starting your own Pampered Chef business is to make a substantial income, catalog shows might be difficult.

Talk with your recruiter about your concerns. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

I had an inactive consultant tell me that he would have a catalog show, and put in as a kitchen show. He can't do that can he?

chefloriray said:
You can have as many catalog shows as you would like. My Upline Director feels that catalog shows arent as beneficial as kitchen shows but I think they are. As long as you have sales of $150 you can count it as a catalog show and still get commission. Or sometimes customers need something right away that I usually send in as an "Individual Order" and you can still get commission off it. PC focuses on kitchen shows so customers can see the tools and how they work. But if customers have been to alot of shows it doesnt matter to them to see it again. I have had $1500 catalog shows before! This is your business and you can run it how you want!!

Don't look down at the catalog show, There is a bunch of women who would love to get involved PC but who do not want to be a host until their houses are fixed up a bit,,,, So many are excitrd by havbing parties though catalog and email - it works,

proudmama02 said:
I had an inactive consultant tell me that he would have a catalog show, and put in as a kitchen show. He can't do that can he?
I don't think what he did was honest. I don't think we can submit a catalog show as a kitchen show. The consultant doesn't get anything out of it, but the host does ($15 extra in free products for buying the ingredients).

Catalog shows are great!!I think you should do them as much as possible personally. I have had more catalog shows than kitchen shows (not by choice) and to me it is all the same. I have only had to actual kitchen shows so far with 2 more this month and the rest have been catalog shows. I even have someone in Utah doing one for me and I am in South Carolina!! I hope this helps.

hey cynthia just wondering what part of Utah is your catalog party from? I just moved from Utah to Nevada

It's by the...AFB there, my buddy came down for a visit and took the stuff back with him. :eek:)

just a quick note...I met my 1st super starter month goal by doing only catalog shows! I did 5 and got $1380 in sales! My director also pushes kitchen shows..i look at it as a sale is a sale! Good Luck and hope you decide to sign.

1. How do I approach my friends and family about selling Avon?

The best way to approach your friends and family about selling Avon is to be honest and genuine. Let them know why you decided to become an Avon representative and how it has benefited you. Share any personal success stories or reasons why you love the products. Also, be sure to emphasize that there is no pressure for them to buy or join – simply offer them the opportunity and let them make their own decision.

2. What if my friends and family are not interested in buying or joining Avon?

It’s important to respect their decision and not take it personally. Avon may not be the right fit for everyone, and that’s okay. You can still maintain a positive relationship with them and continue to offer your products and services. Remember, building a successful Avon business takes time and persistence – not everyone will be ready to join or make a purchase right away.

3. How can I make sure I am not being pushy when selling to friends and family?

One way to avoid being pushy is to focus on building relationships rather than making sales. Share your personal experiences and why you love the products, but don’t pressure them to buy. Offer to give them a free sample or let them browse through your catalog at their own pace. Also, be sure to ask for their permission before adding them to any sales or recruiting lists.

4. Can I offer discounts to friends and family when selling Avon?

Yes, as an Avon representative, you have the ability to offer discounts and promotions to your customers. However, it’s important to follow Avon’s guidelines and policies when it comes to discounts and sales. Be sure to check with your upline or consult Avon’s website for any restrictions or rules.

5. How can I balance my personal relationships with my Avon business?

It’s important to set boundaries and communicate openly with your friends and family about your Avon business. Let them know your goals and expectations, and ask for their support. Schedule specific times for your Avon activities and make sure to prioritize your personal relationships. Remember, maintaining healthy relationships is key to a successful Avon business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Jennifer E
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • mrslulu2012