• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cashier's Check Scams: Protect Yourself from Fraud | Tips & Reports

In summary, this woman is trying to get products from Pampered Chef because her pastor wife lost her husband in a car accident and she wants to buy things for her before the month runs out. She is new to the site and doesn't have a credit or debit card, so she wants to buy some products as a gift. She wants to buy the items in a set, and she wants to pay with a personal check, cashier's check, or money order.
Sheila
Gold Member
Still going on ... obviously. Here's an e-mail that one of the gals on our team received. Man, the sender is trying to make a personal connection & make the consultant want to help her! LOL

To: [removed]
Subject: Re: thank you for your interest in Pampered Chef
Sent: Sat, Nov 3, 2012 3:24:04 PM

Thank you and i contacted you on Pamperedchef concerning your representative dealership.I will like to deal with you in purchasing some products on the site. B'cos of my new appearance,and i am also new on Pamperedchef .I don't have much experience on how purchasing products through internet and the site works,such as : credit card,in short i don't have a credit or debit card,due to what i have experienced in the past..
I want to get some products on the site as a gift for my pastor wife who just lost her husband in a car accident.I want to travel to her to spend some days and get things for her and her children before this month runs out or by next month. B'cos she is so kind,nice and honest to me since we have been going to church and now that she lost her husband too.I don't want to travel to her with empty handed,b'cos Miss Diana and her husband who was our pastor made us to be true born again christian.
More so i took my time to go through products on Pamperedchef ,and this site has the good quality products that will make people to be happy when presenting products of Pamperedchef to them as a gift .
Pamperedchef has a very interesting and amazing products that will be best for my pastor wife and her children.

Below are pamperedchef products i want to purchase.

(2 Quantities ) #1744 Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl Set
(2 Quantities ) #1204 8 1/4-cup Rectangle Leakproof Glass Container
(2 Quantities ) #2172 Bamboo Tool Turn-About
(2 Quantities ) #1647 Dripless Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set
(2 Quantities ) #2230 Classic Batter Bowl
(2 Quantities ) #1785 Salad & Berry Spinner
(3 Quantities ) #2481 Stainless/Silicone Sauce Whisk
(2 Quantities ) #2354 Digital Kitchen Scale

Let me know the total cost for Complete Set of this products.?
Is there a discount on this?
I hope this will not take you much stress in calculating all the prize of the products together for me,and if so,i will be adding you add additional fee of $20 handling fee for you after calculating the prize of the products all together for me.
I am nursing baby right now,I just gave a birth to a baby girl ,she is 3 months old,and my husband has stopped me from working, he want me to stay home as a full time wife and to be able to take good care of our child.So i want everything to be done within us.
My boss i worked with before my husband stopped me from working after i had a new born baby are owning me some months salaries.And my boss is the same as my debtor who will be in charge of mailing out payment to your address for this products i want to purchase from you.
Do you accept Personal Check/cashier's Check/Money Order as a mode of payment?
Kindly email me your full name,contact address,not p.o.box and also your phone number where you will like my debtor to mail out the payment to.And once you receive the payment you can proceed in placing the order for the products.
I hope the products are secure and safe when shipping from the site to me .
I will want the products to be ship out as soon as you receive my payment.
My details for your records ; My name is Debra Dixon, 402 south lucas ave,eagle grove,iowa.50533 , in case you need any information from me.You can text me on 515 344 4939,but i am sorry it is a dial up number which i make use of at all time to browse.
I also hope you are not the type that will do away with my payment when you receive it and ignore me.
Just in trust we belief in and My God reward us.

I love the fact that they need a good address & not a PO box and your phone number so they can mail you a fake cashier's check. Um NO! LOL

And here's reports from others who have actually called back her number: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-515-344-4939

The other difference I notice than the emails before is she only wants to purchase 2 or 3 of each item. Previously it was 5 of each item.

I just got this same email...

Obviously they don't know US laws that an employer can't owe someone month's salary. ;)

I got that exact email. I'm SOOO glad I opted to email first in response to the website contact because once I got that email response I knew it was a scam and I haven't done anything else with it. I got a second one too that I'm 99% sure is a scam although I haven't followed up on it at all. I don't recognize the name at all and I don't get home office leads so the likelihood of me getting a contact from someone I've never done business with is minimal.

I received one that I thought was spam at first, then I realized it was a response to my monthly newsletter. I did some P3 research & figured out that she was a guest on an online show back in '08 who was added to contacts but never ordered. She's been getting my newsletter all this time & just now decided to order 2 Kitchen Shears as gifts. I was worried about her wanting to send a check, until I saw that she's associated with THAT host (an officer in the military). I figured odds were she's legit. Got the check & it's my bank ~ Navy Federal (military only). So I felt much more comfortable about cashing her check & submitting her order. I almost ignored the e-mail though!

For the newer consultants ~ I guess I should have elaborated more! There are people out there who talk you into taking a cashier's check, ordering the product, HO ships it & THEN you find out that the cashier's check was a forgery when your bank comes back & takes the "deposit" back. So you've just bought a bunch of products for a stranger and you are out the money. If you don't know the person, don't know anyone else who knows the person, use caution & do your due diligence by looking up the person, e-mail address, phone number, etc. online to see if others have reported them as some sort of scam before you respond. If you know that they are not legitimate, don't respond. You'll just be confirming to them that you are a good e-mail address to go on their list. ;)

A gal on my team got this same email... soooo glad she didnt respond!!

Why don't you all start a list of these e-mail addresses so others can look here. Name it SCAM E-MAILS - CHECK HERE BEFORE YOU LOOSE MONEY!! Make it a sticky so it stays at the top.
I think it is just awful how so many of us really want to believe that an order is an order and is legit. (Not that we are dumb folks, we are not. We just were raised to trust people.) In this day and age though, it has become a game I think of awful horrible people out there with nothing better to do except to dupe you. Stay diligent people. Remember, like Sheila said, check, check and double check. If it don't add up, NO CHECK!!

this is good to know. i had an inquiry from my personal website and just emailed her back after the number they gave me was incomplete asking how i could help. i will ignore any response as it is a scam.

thanks!

Oh gosh. Thanks for this site. I just got this email and It felt fishy. when she ordered such a big amount and said her debtor would pay for it. I knew it was a fake. Thanks you guys for being the neighborhood watch!:)

Wooho! I'm in the club! Finally!I got an inquiry from Debra Dixon through my website, and then an email like the one Sheila posted above.

LOL ~ so glad you've joined us! ;)

I joined also! From this same phone number. I did a search with this phone number and this is all that came up. About to do another search for a second phone number I just got notification -- it too is a "pinger" number.

(646) 600-9516 here is a second number that is possible as a scam -- I have not had a return email yet. WOW -- The name shows up a Chris Frey.

Do we need to report these goones to someone?

I am sooo glad I saw this! I just got this email and responded requesting more information because it all sounded kind of suspect. I'll make sure not to respond to any more inquires. Thanks all!

What is a cashier's check scam?

A cashier's check scam is a type of fraud where an individual or business may receive a counterfeit cashier's check as payment for goods or services. The scammer will often request the recipient to deposit the check and then send back a portion of the funds, only to later find out that the check is fake and they are responsible for the full amount.

How can I protect myself from cashier's check scams?

To protect yourself from cashier's check scams, always be cautious when receiving checks from unknown individuals or businesses. Verify the legitimacy of the check by contacting the bank directly and do not release any goods or services until the check has been fully cleared by your bank.

What are some red flags to look out for in a cashier's check scam?

Some red flags to watch out for in a cashier's check scam include receiving a check for an amount that is significantly more than the agreed upon price, being asked to send back a portion of the funds to the sender, and receiving a check from a foreign bank.

What should I do if I suspect I have received a counterfeit cashier's check?

If you suspect that you have received a counterfeit cashier's check, contact your bank immediately to report the situation. You may also want to file a report with the Federal Trade Commission and your local law enforcement agency.

Can I still accept a cashier's check as payment for goods or services?

While cashier's checks can be a legitimate form of payment, it is important to be cautious when accepting them. Make sure to verify the check with the bank and never release goods or services until the check has been cleared by your bank. It may also be wise to consider alternative forms of payment, such as electronic transfers, to avoid the risk of cashier's check scams.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3girls
  • Suzyengl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Suzyengl
  • byrd1956