• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Cash N Carry Sales with These Gift Basket and Product Ideas!

In summary, Jess is new to the retail booth scene and is struggling to come up with ideas for what to put on her C&C list. She is looking for suggestions for gift baskets. PC Jessica has already spoken to HO and they are okay with the setup. Jess is thinking baking items would be a good idea to have on hand. Cathy has some suggestions for what to put in a gift basket. Kaikendal has already spoken to HO and they were okay with the setup. Jess is thinking of TwixIt Clips as a possible item to include in her list.
pc_jessica
okay so for my two booths that i have coming up (craft fair that is one day and then my mall booth that is 30 days) i have to have cash n carry at both, requirement for all vendors there.
so i am starting my list of what i need to get ordered to have but am having a hard time of thinking of ideas to have there. i was thinking of putting together some gift baskets for one stop shop gifts. such as: collapsible bowl with some little gadgets and spices/ oven mitt with a few small tools/ batter bowl with made up brownie mix such as those you see in jars/ sheet pan with mini spatula and scoop. those are my gift basket ideas so far...
but as for regular cash n carry, got any ideas?? i so far have seen that mix n chops go great, mini spatulas, i have an extra round stone, seasons best, and then i am stumped. any ideas or suggestions are greatly welcomed. or if you ideas of what to put in a gift basket, that would be great too! TIA

pc_jessica said:
then my mall booth that is 30 days

I'm really new, but I was under the impression you could not set up a retail booth like this... craft fairs and such are a great way of getting leads and stuff, but that we weren't allowed to sell product like a retail store... any clarification on this? Maybe I should check the policies again...:confused:

KaiKendall said:
I'm really new, but I was under the impression you could not set up a retail booth like this... craft fairs and such are a great way of getting leads and stuff, but that we weren't allowed to sell product like a retail store... any clarification on this? Maybe I should check the policies again...:confused:

She already called HO, and they were fine with it.

Jess - I personally would probably only get the lower-priced items, in case you get stuck with a lot of extras that don't sell. Get some measuring spoons, bamboo spoons, quickcut knives, etc - anything that's low price enough for you to afford to put the money out ahead of time. You could put some of your sample items in gift baskets as "displays" and offer to place orders for people (and maybe even do a "gift wrap" service for free with a purchase of $XX or more).

Don't worry...pc jessica has already gotten ok from HO. If in doubt, call HO!! :)

I agree with Cathy. Also keep in mind the guarantee doesn't transfer, so don't buy items where that is important. One other thing, when I have done C&C in the past, I find it was hard for people to see the items in packages, so in the future, (I have a market place next week) I've decided to put out my item as display and post a list of available items. I'm thinking baking items would be good to have on hand. Since people will be thinking about doing baking right after Thanksgiving.

Just did a fair last week and the most requested item to have on hand was the kernal cutter...next was the quick cut paring knives, then the mix n chop.

thanks for your ideas...any one got ideas on what to put in gift baskets i would really like to offer these.
cathy- great idea about the gift wrappiing i think i will offer that for those orders that are placed!
kaikendal-i already called homeoffice like cathy said and talked to them and they said it was fine because where i will be set up is not in a store, but in a huge breeze way type of thing. and i had to make sure to tell the mall not to advertise myself in papers or online.

I know there was a gift flyer in the files section here. Had some grouping ideas. I'll see if I can find it.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I know there was a gift flyer in the files section here. Had some grouping ideas. I'll see if I can find it.

Pampered Packages, I believe is what you are referencing, AND it's updated for this season! :)

thanks for the package file i think i might try to put some of them together!!

esavvymom said:
Pampered Packages, I believe is what you are referencing, AND it's updated for this season! :)

That is it! Bobbi you are good! :thumbup::thumbup:

I have purchased our pantry items for booths before. Then if they don't sell I use them for shows and at home. :)Oh, and TwixIt Clips!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
That is it! Bobbi you are good! :thumbup::thumbup:
no. :blushing: well, MAYbe.. But honestly - I've been updating my version from last year, so I knew what you were talking about. Of course, NOW I find out that someone already did! :D (Mine has the Christmas images in the background though.)

Mix N Chops!Or you can make some small batter bowl mixes and sell those.

wadesgirl said:
Mix N Chops!Or you can make some small batter bowl mixes and sell those.
The batter bowls are a good idea! I would just sell the batter bowl and give them the recipe on how to make the mix. I wouldn't sell food.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
The batter bowls are a good idea! I would just sell the batter bowl and give them the recipe on how to make the mix. I wouldn't sell food.

i was thinking of doing this, but am curious as to why you wouldn't sell food???

pc_jessica said:
i was thinking of doing this, but am curious as to why you wouldn't sell food???

Health department.

oh...never thought about that.

Two years ago, I purchased the ingredients for the Soup Mix, which was quite expensive when you had to buy 16 or 32 oz. bags of the various beans. Before I had time to make them up, I participated in a Historical Societies bazaar. A crafty person had made up the same mix in 1 quart canning jars, and even at $5 per jar, she did not sell any in 2 1/2 days. I realized I would not be able to cover the cost of my ingredients and get the full price for our batter bowl. So, I ended up making the recipe up as Christmas gifts, for our parish staff, SIL; neighbors; and a special friend. I have a reminder of that speculation purchase, still in my garage, and probably will make them up as hostess gifts for when we travel this winter.

I have sold our small prep-bowl sets several times; and this week with five days of display at Curves the Mix & Masher; and our now discontinued Kitchen shears were the only items sold. I don't know for sure but imagine that approximately 50 members come in each day to exercise. My deal to them was no sales tax and no shipping and handling.
I did mark down some items that were discontinued by 10 or 20%, and still they did not sell. I had all of our seasonings; several editions of SBCK marked $1 each or 3 for $2;
Easy Accent Decorator; batter bowl; Measure All; several small kitchen items i.e. can strainer; 2 liter bottle opener; jar opener etc.; citrus peeler and cake testers. It is very
hard to predict what people will want. I had these items because I expected to give most of them as prizes or hostess thank yous. It was just time to weed out.

pc_jessica said:
oh...never thought about that.

I'm probably being too "legalistic" about the health dept. but you never know. But I know I wouldn't buy a mix someone else made up, I would rather have the idea and do it myself.

Grandmarita said:
I have sold our small prep-bowl sets several times; and this week with five days of display at Curves the Mix & Masher; and our now discontinued Kitchen shears were the only items sold. I don't know for sure but imagine that approximately 50 members come in each day to exercise. My deal to them was no sales tax and no shipping and handling.
I did mark down some items that were discontinued by 10 or 20%, and still they did not sell. I had all of our seasonings; several editions of SBCK marked $1 each or 3 for $2;
Easy Accent Decorator; batter bowl; Measure All; several small kitchen items i.e. can strainer; 2 liter bottle opener; jar opener etc.; citrus peeler and cake testers. It is very
hard to predict what people will want. I had these items because I expected to give most of them as prizes or hostess thank yous. It was just time to weed out.

I totally agree, you never know what is going to sell. However, if there is a lot of shoppers, you may just sell out the first day and have to place an order. I wouldn't put lots of money into your cash and carry.

I sell a lot of the SB cookbooks and mini spatulas, too.

I'm with Deb - go for Pantry items that you can use for shows or yourself if they don't sell. Otherwise, small items that people aren't likely to want to return, because the guarantee doesn't transfer: Mini Serving Spatulas, Quickut Paring Knives, SBRCs, recipe card sets. The only "larger" item I'd have would be a couple of Mix n Chops. Those always seem to sell at booths. Anything larger that people want, you can take an order. When I do that, I explain that I want them to have the guarantee and ordering it provides them with the complete coverage.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I agree with Cathy. Also keep in mind the guarantee doesn't transfer, so don't buy items where that is important.

One other thing, when I have done C&C in the past, I find it was hard for people to see the items in packages, so in the future, (I have a market place next week) I've decided to put out my item as display and post a list of available items.

I'm thinking baking items would be good to have on hand. Since people will be thinking about doing baking right after Thanksgiving.

I had someone buy a pizza stone from me at a fair (my used one) and she called a few days later saying it broke. I went to her house, picked it up and sent it back for a new one and brought it to her.

I always have someone looking for the stoneware scapers. Also have a replacement order form handy for those that say they have something broke.

Be sure to make a Help Wanted sign.

ooo great idea on the replacement part order form, pan scrapers, and the help wanted sign!!!

I found this thread as I am looking for what to order for upcoming booths.

Does the mix n' chop sell itself as people know what it is?
How are you able to sell this at the booth without the demo?

Thanks!

I'm ordering stuff for an upcoming booth that I have to do C&C and my total is starting to get pricey. I'm just wondering quantity-wise how much I should really be ordering. Any ideas? It's mostly pantry items, but I also have the paring knives, SB, Dinners-Done recipe cards, mini serving spatula, mix n chop, and kernel cutter. I just have no idea what people are really going to want, and if they don't buy anything, I'm going to be in big trouble.

robochick84 said:
I found this thread as I am looking for what to order for upcoming booths.Does the mix n' chop sell itself as people know what it is?
How are you able to sell this at the booth without the demo?Thanks!
I have had people walk up to my booth with someone else and pick up the mix and chop and say "This is what I was telling you about, you have to have this!" I sell a ton of them at booths! Seriously, I think I had 10 at one and ended up taking orders for more. I agree with the other stuff too, pantry, mini-spatula, but I've also had people there looking for our Scrapers, and the can opener, ice cream scoop and don't forget the pizza cutter. Also, Twix-it clips. I just had a big selection of all of that kind of stuff... things that fit in the tool turn about... Garlic press... And I usually sell a ton of Season's Best, especially if I have a sample of something from it (Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, after people tasted them I'd tell them that the recipe was in that cookbook and for a buck they'd always buy it). Good Luck!

babywings76 said:
I'm ordering stuff for an upcoming booth that I have to do C&C and my total is starting to get pricey. I'm just wondering quantity-wise how much I should really be ordering. Any ideas? It's mostly pantry items, but I also have the paring knives, SB, Dinners-Done recipe cards, mini serving spatula, mix n chop, and kernel cutter. I just have no idea what people are really going to want, and if they don't buy anything, I'm going to be in big trouble.

I am so with you on this!!! I have a booth on the 16th, then a couple more in Nov. and then the whole month of Dec. So I know I need to order quite a bit of stuff (all require me to have CnC), but the price is way up there with all my stuff so far! I have no idea what to do lol. I know I need to order it but I hate fronting the money like that.

I order items off of the outlet (since there is no guarantee on those items).

The things I get asked for the most are seasonings, mix n chop, citrus peelers, stoneware scrapers, quick cut paring knives, and measure all cups.

1. What are some good gift basket ideas to have at my booths?

Some popular gift basket ideas include a collapsible bowl with gadgets and spices, an oven mitt with small tools, a batter bowl with a brownie mix, and a sheet pan with mini spatulas and scoops.

2. What are some other products that sell well at cash n carry booths?

Other products that are popular at cash n carry booths include mix n chops, mini spatulas, round stones, seasoning blends, and the latest season's best cookbook.

3. Do you have any suggestions for products to have at a 30-day mall booth?

For a 30-day mall booth, you may want to consider having a wider range of products, including larger kitchen tools like knives and cookware sets, as well as more specialized items like spiralizers and food processors.

4. Can I customize the gift baskets with different products?

Yes, you can definitely customize the gift baskets with any combination of products that you think would appeal to your customers. Don't be afraid to get creative and mix and match different items!

5. How can I make my cash n carry products stand out at the booths?

One way to make your products stand out is by creating eye-catching displays and using attractive packaging for your gift baskets. You can also offer special deals or promotions, such as bundle discounts or free samples, to entice customers to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies