• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Convenience: Cash vs. Debit Card for Conference Expenses

In summary, most expenses can be paid with a debit card. The only cash you'll need is for tips and cab fare. There are also drug/convenience stores near the hotels.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
For safety and convenience reasons, I prefer to use my debit card most of the time.

The bank I mostly use for savings and PC stuff has "National" in its name (National City" but I am pretty sure it's hard to find one of their ATM's handy. Ditto for Chase, which I use to pay my bills.

This may have been addressed before, but out of the expenses at conference, how many have to be paid with cash and how many can use my debit card. In other words, do I have to pay to take the shuttle bus?

I'm just wondering how much CASH to bring and how many things I can just use my debit card for ...

Mainly, you'll need cash for cabs & tips. I would say that most everything else can be debit. Except if you're planning to get a hot dog from a corner vendor. Even then, they may accept debit! I know that some cabbies do, too!

As noted, the only cash you'll need will be for tips and cab fare. The shuttles to/from Mc Cormick Place and the conference hotels are provided by PC. :)

I took cash last year but alot of places will run a debit card as a cc if it had the ViSA/MC/etc symbol on it instead of having to find an ATM every time you want to pay for something.

wadesgirl said:
I took cash last year but alot of places will run a debit card as a cc if it had the ViSA/MC/etc symbol on it instead of having to find an ATM every time you want to pay for something.
There are also drug/convenience stores near the hotels. You could buy a snack tehre and get cash back if you need it.

I would think $30-50 would be plenty to cover cabs and tips - and is probably more than you'd need. We always share cab rides and I think last year we each spent at most $10 for cabs - and we did not stay at the same hotel that our dinner was at so that was an extra trip...

1. What are the benefits of using cash for conference expenses?

Using cash for conference expenses can be beneficial because it allows you to have a set budget and helps you avoid overspending. It also eliminates the risk of going over your credit limit or incurring interest charges. Additionally, many vendors or small businesses may offer discounts for paying with cash.

2. Is it better to use a debit card for conference expenses?

Using a debit card for conference expenses can be convenient as it eliminates the need to carry cash and allows for easy tracking of expenses. However, you may be subject to foreign transaction fees if you are attending a conference in a different country. It is also important to keep track of your spending to avoid overspending and potential overdraft fees.

3. Can I use a combination of cash and debit card for conference expenses?

Yes, you can use a combination of cash and debit card for conference expenses. This can be helpful if you want to have a set budget for certain expenses, such as meals, and use your debit card for larger expenses like hotel fees.

4. Are there any benefits to using a credit card for conference expenses?

Using a credit card for conference expenses can be beneficial if you have a rewards program that offers points or cash back for purchases. It also offers protection against fraud and allows for easy tracking of expenses. However, it is important to pay off the balance in full to avoid interest charges.

5. What should I consider when deciding between cash and debit card for conference expenses?

When deciding between cash and debit card for conference expenses, consider the vendor's payment policies, potential fees, and your own spending habits. If you tend to overspend with cash, using a debit card may be a better option. If you are attending a conference in a different country, using a credit card may be more convenient to avoid foreign transaction fees. Ultimately, it is important to have a budget and stick to it to maximize convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkspeir
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • MissChef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Stampaholic1961