1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cash and Carry

1. Jasmine

Jasmine Member

I am sure that this has been asked before, but time to update! What items do you make sure you have in stock? Do you carry stoneware? If so, how do you handle the warranty?

I sold over $200 last week at my market and I need to reorder. I am trying to get an idea of what people by the most and they least. I thought it was weird I sold 2 of the 1 cup prep bowls. What about spices, I sure have a lot of people looking for them.

Mar 23, 2015
    Kristin B likes this.
  2. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry you haven't received any responses thus far. Do you have any additional information or can you rephrase your post to make it clearer?

Mar 26, 2015
  3. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

I can totally see people buying the 1-cup prep bowls, instead of a whole set of 6.

For me, it never worked carrying stock. They always wanted something I didn't have. Ig I had ice cream scoops, they wanted pizza wheels. If I had pizza wheels, they wanted ice cream scoops.

The whole idea for booths is for consultants NOT to have to carry stock, but to get bookings.

Mar 28, 2015
    Jasmine and baychef like this.
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Agreed with Shellbeach. Carrying inventory- especially the big items you are mentioning, is discouraged. For one, as you mention, the warranty would be a nightmare. Because you would have to personally handle those warranty items, with little to no proof of sale. Whereas leaving the warranty with PC Home Office, puts it on THEM to fulfill and police for those trying to get something they shouldn't. (we know folks aren't always honest about warranty replacement).

Second- the COST! It's not worth it. With the new mobile app, assuming you have a personal website, you can place an order for any of those items right then and there with very little difficulty, and even better with the changed direct shipping rates.

I only brought "inventory" items that I had around in my closet that I wanted to get rid of- extra products, discontinued items, etc. Any time I bought items, I was left stuck with most of them.

(K.I.S.S.) Keep It Super Simple!

Apr 1, 2015
    Jasmine likes this.
  5. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

The new shipping costs/system can really work to your advantage in these situations. You can tell people you'll pay for direct shipping to their homes. You pay the extra $2 + tax. You are providing great customer service and no concerns over guarantees or carrying inventory.

One of my favorite things about our company, no inventory needed!

Apr 1, 2015
    Jasmine likes this.
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted