• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

October Cash and Carry Event: Tips for Ordering and Stocking Your Booth

In summary, the organizer says that this is their 4th year doing C&C and it always draws a big crowd, and the crowd loves to shop. They recommend doing cash and carry, which is put on by the library (the cost of my booth, only $25). They suggest that you buy them as a non-commission order and then you're selling them at catalog price. Or you can buy them on a show order. You must order at least six of an item. Follow the steps in the Personal Orders section. Because you will be reselling these items, calculate the appropriate sales tax on the total of the retail order before the discount. Determine applicable
babywings76
Gold Member
In October, I am doing an event where they highly recommend we do cash and carry. It's put on by the library (the cost of my booth, only $25), and they are piggy-backing off of 2 other events (an antique car show and a craft fair). They all bring in their own crowds and all 3 events share advertising and even shuttle people around to them. The organizer said that this is their 4th year doing it and it always draws a big crowd, and the crowd loves to shop.

So...how do I go about ordering cash and carry? Do I buy them as a non-commission order and then I'm selling them at catalog price? Or do I buy them on a show order? In my name?

Also, since a lot of people for the car show part are from out of the area, I'm wondering how I should handle any orders, should I get them.

One more thing, if there's going to be a Tastefully Simple booth w/ cash and carry, what do you think I should have on hand? I was thinking rubs and sprinkles and dipping oils, but not sure if that's not a good idea since TS is competition. I've read other suggestions in other threads to have things like: SB, mini serving spat., mix n chops, kernel cutters, quick cut paring knives, Dinners-Done recipe cards. Do you think that's a good idea? How much do I buy of this stuff? I just have no idea...this is my first time doing C&C.

Someone else may have some more advice on this, but I thought I had seen something in the Policy Guide. Here it is (was on page 11 of the guide):
Personal Inventory

Although it is not required, you may choose to carry a small
amount of inventory occasionally when exhibiting at a fair
or for other special purposes. Personal inventory orders must
be placed separately from any other order, via paper only.
To order items for personal inventory:
• Use a sales receipt, and write Personal Inventory Order
at the top.
• You must order at least six of an item.
• Follow the steps in the Personal Orders section.
• Because you will be reselling these items, calculate the
appropriate sales tax on the total of the retail order
before the discount.
• Determine applicable shipping charges from the individual
shipping schedule on the back of the sales receipt.Note:
• No commission will be paid on personal inventory
purchases.
• Merchandise is nonrefundable, except upon termination
of the Independent Consultant Agreement. Refer to
your Agreement for details.

Sell things that you could use in your door prize basket it they didn't sell.

Quikcut knives, mini spatula, can strainer, citrus peeler, seasons best etc

Focus on bookings not sales. I try to do at least one on these events per month sales are typicall $80-$120 per day. I have a box with a slot, a sign in a plastic sign that says "enter to win a free cooking show, seasons best, $10 gift certificate". If I have one booking from the leads I consider it a success -- of course I am happier with 3 bookings.

Don't invest in any inventory that you do not need for personal use or gift giving -- do not count on large sales.

If you really want to put some time, effort and investment into it, look for some of those Homemade for the Holidays recipes from last year on CC. Put together some of those batter bowl brownie sets. Wrap it up in some cellophane with a Mix 'N Scraper tied to the bow or something. Or look for some other gift basket ideas. Some people will already be looking for gift ideas.

I saw some fliers on this in the files. How do you do this? I saw that last year some one was selling a set for $25 which included the products, ingredients, ribbon, and card. Did you sell these as cash and carry at shows or was this something that you sent to previous hosts and guests separately, and then placed the order yourself. The math doesn't seem to add up very well unless you were placing an individual order and getting a discount on the products. Otherwise it looks to me I would be giving free shipping, and all the ingredients for free too. I was not a consultant last year, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked on CC, and they had the recipes and helpful hints, but I could not locate any more information. They look like awesome gift ideas!

I don't think I have it in me to put together the BB mix gift sets. :D They are a great idea though. I could see making one as a sample, or doing them for a craft show event. Since my area is just a regular area for vendors selling cash and carry, I'd rather stick to bare bones products. :) I also think some people wouldn't necessarily buy a food mix that someone handled and prepared on their own and didn't come from a manufacturer where food safety is monitored. Having one as a sample to show people gift giving ideas would be good and I could e-mail them the recipe files they could use.But in general, I think I want to offer some cash and carry plus have a way for them to place orders. Anyone have experience w/ collecting orders and if it's worthwhile to extend some sort of deal or discount?So everyone who does C&C orders them as a personal inventory order, and we really have to do it through paper and mailing it to HO? We can't do it on P3? The description in the P&P confuses me a little bit. I'm not fully understanding the part about figuring out the sales tax. I thought I just would let P3 calculate the tax on my whole order. If I pay the tax, then am I supposed to charge the customers tax to reimburse myself? Or do I not charge them tax. I thought I read how others don't charge people the tax. Is it breaking a rule if I just order things on a show order? That way it goes towards my sales?

esavvymom said:
Quote:
Personal Inventory

Although it is not required, you may choose to carry a small
amount of inventory occasionally when exhibiting at a fair
or for other special purposes. Personal inventory orders must
be placed separately from any other order, via paper only.
To order items for personal inventory:
• Use a sales receipt, and write Personal Inventory Order
at the top.
• You must order at least six of an item.
• Follow the steps in the Personal Orders section.
• Because you will be reselling these items, calculate the
appropriate sales tax on the total of the retail order
before the discount.
• Determine applicable shipping charges from the individual
shipping schedule on the back of the sales receipt.

Note:
• No commission will be paid on personal inventory
purchases.
• Merchandise is nonrefundable, except upon termination
of the Independent Consultant Agreement. Refer to
your Agreement for details.

So basically, you will earn nothing for selling any items you carry as inventory (if done according to policy). No commission and does not count toward sales?? Doesn't seem quite worth it. It doesn't say, but do we get our 20% personal discount on the items?

I'm wondering about this too. I am doing a booth in October, and planned on ordering some cash & carry. I thought I would just do it as a show on it's own, that way I earned the commission on it. Is this against the rules? Or are we getting a bigger discount by ordering on the paper cash & carry order form?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is uncertain about all this. Anyone out there know more, or should I call HO? I hate calling HO for things like this because depending on who you ask, you may get different answers! :rolleyes:

I have only done one booth with cash and carry. I basically sold all the extras I have laying around plus used items. I made sure to mark the used items and sold them at 50% off. I would never carry "inventory" for cash and carry purposes unless it was the small door prize items as listed above.

IMO I would buy the products as a show and get the disount/comission that way. Then, you could give a discount/ no tax or free shipping at the booth and people feel like they are getting something out of buying products from you. But I agree with everyone else when it comes to small products. HTH!

The most successful events that I have participated in have been ones that I had Cash & Carry items to sell. Throughout the year, I collect items that I've earned free or that I have received as Host Benefits when turning in individual orders as a catalog show. I price everything at current catalog price (all new items). Any discontinued items are discounted and labeled as "retired". The "special of the day" is one that I have found works well... Cash & Carry is a flat rate catalog price (I "pay" the tax & shipping) -or- Special Orders at 10% off (they pay full tax & direct shipping). Either way they get a deal. Last year I had 2 events that each totaled over $600 for the day (a combo of both types of sales).

As for the types of products, small items are easy sales. People do love to go through my many bins of stuff. But don't forget the larger items if you have them on hand. I have sold lots of stones, food choppers, tool turnabouts, etc... even a couple of DCB's!

I love doing these events. They are tiring but worthwhile. They really bump up my Fall sales! My fave part... my "groupies" that follow me from fair to fair! Okay, so there are only a couple of ladies that do that. LOL. :) But it sure makes ya feel good when they come looking for ya!

Last edited:
I was at a fair this weekend and everyone that saw my display food chopper said - oh that slap chop from tv blah blah... they all asked if i had one to sell ( I didn't) but only a few wanted to order when they found out they had to wait/shipping. I would have sold 20 at least if I had had a bunch on hand. other hot items were the 2 cup prep and the new measuring cups - they wanted to buy my used display ones even that everyone had been touching all day!

Mara

I was thinking about having food choppers and batter bowls, but then people wouldn't get the guarantee. Plus, that's a higher ticket item, so if they don't sell I'm stuck spending a lot of money. I like Debmiz's idea of offering a 10% discount for the day on orders.

NooraK said:
If you really want to put some time, effort and investment into it, look for some of those Homemade for the Holidays recipes from last year on CC. Put together some of those batter bowl brownie sets. Wrap it up in some cellophane with a Mix 'N Scraper tied to the bow or something. Or look for some other gift basket ideas. Some people will already be looking for gift ideas.

You can actually use any "gift in a jar" recipe that is for a quart-size jar. I have a couple of gift in a jar cookbooks in my LARGE assortment of cookbooks. (I'm a cookbook junkie!!!) :D I probably have about 300.

What is Cash and Carry Ordering?

Cash and Carry Ordering is a convenient way for customers to purchase Pampered Chef products directly from a consultant without having to place an order through a party or online. It allows customers to view and purchase products on the spot, similar to a traditional retail shopping experience.

How does Cash and Carry Ordering work?

To place a Cash and Carry order, customers can browse through the products available and make their selections. The consultant will then process the order and the customer can pay for their purchase with cash or credit card.

Can I use discounts or promotions with Cash and Carry Ordering?

Unfortunately, discounts and promotions cannot be applied to Cash and Carry orders as they are already discounted for immediate purchase. However, you can still earn host rewards or loyalty points on your Cash and Carry purchase.

Are all products available for Cash and Carry Ordering?

Most Pampered Chef products are available for Cash and Carry Ordering, however, some limited time offers or exclusive products may not be available. It is best to check with your consultant for specific product availability.

Can I return or exchange products purchased through Cash and Carry Ordering?

Yes, products purchased through Cash and Carry Ordering can be returned or exchanged within 30 days, as long as they are in new and unused condition. Please contact your consultant for further details and instructions on how to process a return or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thov99
  • pc_jessica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Judybabe
  • kcmckay