• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Casbah Chicken & Couscous Recipe | Quick & Easy Side Dish with a Twist

In summary, the main ingredient in Casbah Chicken & Couscous is chicken. It is not spicy and has a mild and savory flavor profile. The cooking time varies, but on average, it takes 30-40 minutes. It is also gluten-free and can be substituted with other proteins like tofu or shrimp.
esavvymom
Staff member
I made this tonight- without the chicken. I was already doing a 30-minute chicken, and wanted a side-dish. I thought I'd give this recipe a try.

Even without the chicken, I thought it was excellent. I used Curry powder in place of the moroccan rub (as noted in the Cook's Tips). Only I was out of Curry powder too! I did a quick search online and found a recipe to make my own using spices that I DID have (cumin, tumeric, ginger, cayenne and black pepper, coriander). I cut the cayenne pepper in half- to keep it from being too spicy for the kids, but it was really good!

I would say that the serving amount is more than 6 though. I guess it depends on your serving size...but that was without the chicken. If you made the chicken, it would probably only have enough chicken for 6, but the couscous was plentiful!

The flavor of the couscous and the mango was a very good combination. Definitely will do this again.

Good to know...I've been meaning to try this - love curry and couscous.
I'm also glad you commented on the serving size. I hadn't paid a whole lot of attention to serving size in our recipes, except that I just wrapped up doing some Power Cooking (beef) and in my opinion, the serving size of the dishes were closer to 4.

I made this the other night and we ended up putting it in the trash. But that's just us. We didn't like the flavor of the Moroccan seasoning, hated the mango and really were grossed out by the texture of the couscous. :( It was my first time eating couscous, and I had never had a Mango before...really don't like it.

1. What is the main ingredient in Casbah Chicken & Couscous?

The main ingredient in Casbah Chicken & Couscous is chicken.

2. Is Casbah Chicken & Couscous spicy?

No, Casbah Chicken & Couscous is not spicy. It has a mild and savory flavor profile.

3. How long does it take to cook Casbah Chicken & Couscous?

The cooking time for Casbah Chicken & Couscous varies depending on the method of preparation. However, on average, it takes about 30-40 minutes to cook.

4. Is Casbah Chicken & Couscous gluten-free?

Yes, Casbah Chicken & Couscous is gluten-free. It is made with gluten-free couscous and does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients.

5. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein in Casbah Chicken & Couscous?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with another protein such as tofu or shrimp. However, the cooking time and method may need to be adjusted accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julmarsala
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • 1PamperedMommy