• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Growth with the Catalog Tote: A PC Consultant's Guide

In summary, the tote is useful for promoting your business. You can use it to carry your materials, as well as to promote your business by leaving it near places where people might stop and talk.
koima
Anyone here use the catalog tote? I'm brand new to PC and looking for ways to get started with my business, and the idea seems good for me to have others approach me (obviously in addition to approaching other people!) I'm wondering how it's worked for you! How are you using it to promote your business?

I just ordered one, but I've done almost the same thing that Patsy McGovern did on the video on Consultant's Corner. I purchased a red tote that has the PC logo on it and I would bring that shopping. It doesn't have a spot for a catalog to slip into like the catalog tote does but I would still have some in it.
Just yesterday when I was getting my business license for a craft fair I'm doing on Saturday, without even asking for one I just slipped a mini holiday catalog to the treasury lady I had to pay for the license. Last night a received a call from one of the ladies working in the treasury department and she placed a $58.00 order. She was glad I left it because her consultant had moved and she didn't know of anyone else to buy from. Good for me. It will work if you use it. Once I get mine I plan to put mini catalogs, catalogs, business cards, and recipe cards in it. I'll also make sure to have a pad of paper and pen ready should I need it. Patsy McGovern's video was helpful and I think you'll have good luck with the catalog tote. I hope to.

I loved her little packet of recipes, mini catalogs, and her notepad and pen. I'm totally stealing that idea!

I usually carry a large diaper bag, since I have a new baby and a 3 year old, so I'm wondering if I'll have enough space inside for all the goodies I usually carry - a Franklin Covey planner that doubles as a wallet and has a cell phone pouch, a small makeup kit, sweaters for both kids, several diapers, wipes, wet bag (we use cloth diapers), hat and socks for the baby, a few toys and little snacks for the 3 year old, you get the idea. Adding the little packet of PC goodies, I don't know that I can fit it all in the tote.

I may need a Purseket just to keep it all organized in there!! That would be a legitimate business expense, right? I could write it off? :)

The bonus is that with little kids, there is always somewhere to be - preschool, KinderGym, Sunday School, library story hour, parks, lots of well baby visits to the doctor, clothes and shoe shopping since they outgrow everything so quickly, etc. - so it will get a lot of visibility!

I have a catalog tote and highly recommend it. I have gotten several orders and even a couple bookings from it. I use it as my pocketbook rather than with one. I was at doctors office the other day and while standing and waiting; can't sit, bad back hence doctors LOL; one of the ladies in the waiting room asked me if I was a consultant and asked for a catalog. Because of bad back I am only carrying minis with me and asked for her contact info. Later when I finally got home I found a voice mail from her asking to book a party :) Yeah!!!!!!! Definately invest, it's worth it.

The catalog tote does pay for itself. I use mine as my purse and it goes everywhere I go and does it's own advertising. I have gotten quite a few orders and a few shows out of it! Patsy's video does show how to use it!

I love the catalog tote (no longer use my own, just the ribbon tote). It is "okay" size, not too big, not too small.

One of my most recent recruits saw my tote in Target and stopped me. She signed a year later.

I have not gotten a single nibble from mine, and I use it as my purse. I would REALLY like to know what I'm doing wrong ...

One tip... make sure you are carrying it in front of your body. People aren't as likely to stop you to talk if it is behind you!

My director is giving them to all of her downline for free for watching the video online and RSVPing for the National meeting day... I'm so excited to get mine and try it out.

Go to the $$ store, and buy a coupon organizer- it is perfect to keep everything in, and it is very organized, all in one spoot, you just pull out the coupon organizer, and there you have it. We did this as a cluster activity. Then of course, put the organizer in your tote.

If you use the letter-size version of a coupon file, you can put catalogs in it, too. Keeps them neater than just tossing them in the bag.

I've been carrying mine around for about a month and haven't had a single comment or inquiry. Nothing. Oh well- maybe some day. Even if I get one show from it it will be worth it.

I plan to order the catalog tote on my next supply order. I like the idea of using it for a purse. I sure wish I could watch the Patsy video, but we live way out in the boonies and can only get dial-up internet. So no online videos for me. I looked on CC to see if there was a transcript of the video, but there isn't.

Yakmama said:
I've been carrying mine around for about a month and haven't had a single comment or inquiry. Nothing. Oh well- maybe some day. Even if I get one show from it it will be worth it.

I have been carrying mine around since I bought it close to a year ago. I have only gotten one show out of it but it was a decent show and some new customers. I am not giving up, trying to remember to hold it in front of me. Another thing is, if you think you caught somebody's eye, smile. Nobody wants to approach a cranky PC rep.

My Upline ED suggested turning your catalog to one of the "recipe" pages because people are attracted to pictures of food. I have mine on the picture with the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie. I am now carrying only recipe cards to give out and a few minis. I am about out of catalogs and don't want to order any big ones until Nov 1st to get the Christmas one!

okay, it all sounds great, but how do I as a guy get away with using the tote, I want ideas ladies! Can I call it a European Carry-All?(Seinfeld reference)

I only carry 1 catalog with me. If I am asked for one, I explain that I only have 1 on me, but if they give me their address I will be happy to mail them one. This way you get their contact info. and you aren't just handing out catalogs and getting no contact information.

koima said:
I loved her little packet of recipes, mini catalogs, and her notepad and pen. I'm totally stealing that idea!

I usually carry a large diaper bag, since I have a new baby and a 3 year old, so I'm wondering if I'll have enough space inside for all the goodies I usually carry - a Franklin Covey planner that doubles as a wallet and has a cell phone pouch, a small makeup kit, sweaters for both kids, several diapers, wipes, wet bag (we use cloth diapers), hat and socks for the baby, a few toys and little snacks for the 3 year old, you get the idea. Adding the little packet of PC goodies, I don't know that I can fit it all in the tote.

I may need a Purseket just to keep it all organized in there!! That would be a legitimate business expense, right? I could write it off? :)

The bonus is that with little kids, there is always somewhere to be - preschool, KinderGym, Sunday School, library story hour, parks, lots of well baby visits to the doctor, clothes and shoe shopping since they outgrow everything so quickly, etc. - so it will get a lot of visibility!

The red PC tote is larger than the ribbon tote and catalog tote, so if you need a diaper bag and want to promote your business then I think you'll find it handy along with the advice from chefann about using a letter size coupon holder to keep your PC paperwork neat. I would also suggest that you adopt the idea of not just giving out catalogs or minis. If someone is interested, keep drawing slips in your organizer then like another posted indicated you have their information and you can mail them what they've requested.

BigJohn said:
okay, it all sounds great, but how do I as a guy get away with using the tote, I want ideas ladies! Can I call it a European Carry-All?(Seinfeld reference)

I don't have any suggestions for you, but this post is hilarious and made me LOL!!!

I am in Patsy's direct downline (my director is in her first line) She attended our monthly meeting this month and did her little talk before she taped it for CC. Everyone on my team went out and ordered the tote. I have had really good luck.... 1 recruit, several orders and lots of contacts! It is well worth the $15 for the tote. Be purposeful when carrying it. Be open to people!

I don't know what to tell you either, John. :( I started to write that the catalog tote is not a feminine only item but then I started to wonder how it would be for you carrying it around the same way we do as a purse and I just shook my head. Maybe HO will come up with something more masculine for you guys to use that portrays it better.

NinaPChef said:
My director is giving them to all of her downline for free for watching the video online and RSVPing for the National meeting day... I'm so excited to get mine and try it out.

Wow, that is a cool gift from your director!:chef:

heather223 said:
I only carry 1 catalog with me. If I am asked for one, I explain that I only have 1 on me, but if they give me their address I will be happy to mail them one. This way you get their contact info. and you aren't just handing out catalogs and getting no contact information.

Great idea!

kathie, thanks for the idea of getting a bigger version. Red suits me better anyway! :)

When I'm a director, I'll give them out, too. (Look at me with such big goals! My kit hasn't even arrived, haha!)

Just got mine yesterday! WoooHooo! I love it. I placed a catalog in the front with a few of the Holiday mini's and recruiting info (Never know who you will encounter). I keep the drawing slips in there too because I can get info from folks and do a follow-up call if anyone asks for a catalog.
I like the size of it as I have 2 little ones and I can throw in a few things for them too and away we go! Can't wait to head out with it and see what happens. I have booked shows from running errands wearing logo wear so this will be easier to advertise with on those days my logo wear is in the wash! Nothing like being a walking, talking billboard!! :D

Big John, I have no idea what to tell you in this situation. It really wouldn't work for you. Other suggestion is wear your logo wear! Another suggestion is putting the vehicle sticker on your car. I didn't think this was an eye catcher until I saw one on another consultants car! I ordered mine and hubby is putting them on both of our cars. LOL!! Cheap advertising! Didn't order the pesonalized one but found a cheaper way to add my contact info below the ones from Merrill!

My husband has his own business and has magnets on his car. We get calls ALL THE TIME from those magnets. "I saw one of your trucks in my neighborhood and I didn't know your service existed! Could you come help me?" It's fantastic.

My car is too beat up to advertise on. When I get a new-to-me car I'll put on the magnets - in the meantime, people will think I make no money and won't want to approach me, haha. But it's paid for and gets good mileage, haha

What is the purpose of the Catalog Tote?

The Catalog Tote is designed to easily transport and display Pampered Chef catalogs during in-home cooking demonstrations or sales events. It keeps all of your catalogs organized and easily accessible.

How many catalogs can the tote hold?

The Catalog Tote has a capacity of holding up to 15 catalogs. This allows you to have a variety of catalogs available for your customers to browse through.

Is the Catalog Tote durable?

Yes, the Catalog Tote is made of high-quality materials that are built to last. It is designed to withstand the wear and tear of frequent use and transportation.

Can the tote be personalized?

Yes, the Catalog Tote can be personalized with your name or business logo. This adds a professional touch and helps to promote your brand.

How do I clean the Catalog Tote?

The Catalog Tote can be easily spot cleaned with a damp cloth and mild soap. Allow it to air dry completely before using it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnaPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
veden
  • pcmealswithme