• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Cooking Show Prep: Packing and Transporting Supplies

In summary, the show went well, and Kelly's packing strategy seems to work well. She brings what she needs for the recipe and, if there is something specific the host would like to see, she can bring it. She also brings guest specials and upcoming host specials to encourage bookings.
Kelley Sells
Okay, so I'm doing my 3rd cooking show. I've piled all my stuff up and you KNOW it doesn't all fit in the crate....

What are some wonderful ideas you all have on things you use to get ALL your stuff back and forth (in one piece) AND do you keep all your items in their boxes?

I appreciate all your help.....:eek:

First of all we don't take it ALL :). Secondly, I never used the boxes. It did make it too bulky. When I first started I didn't take any extras. I just carried what I needed for the recipe. However, if you want to take extra try to limit yourself to what can fit in the crate that you can carry!

Good luck, Kelly!

Pack according to your recipesI have started packing according to the recipe I will be preparing. I own so much, there's no way to bring it all!

I print out the recipe, and go through it step by step, and pack what I need. I also bring things I like to always show at a show, regardless of a recipe, like the USG, the Citrus Press, etc. I also always bring my Tool Turn About.

I have found that by packing according to my recipes, I bring much less, and it's much easier.

Hope this helps!

I only take what I need for the recipe and any new products I feel will sell well. It's usually my carry all tote and the crate full plus my laptop bag. I don't keep things in their boxes and in 2 years I have never had anything break.

I just take the stuff for the recipe, a couple pieces of stoneware, and cookware (1 or 2 pieces) and a few new things. dont make it look to hard

I was packing a lot at first too but now I have learned to downsize. When you are making more than 2 trips back and forth to your car it is enough...anymore is excessive. I only pack what I need for the demo and of course a few neat gadgets (the higher dollar the better)...If you know the crowd it helps to know what to pack...if not...wing it!

I was always worried that I would look unprepared if I didn't have everything I owned there...and I have A LOT! I looked at it as a booking opportunity. I made sure the host had there what she wanted to see. I then told the guests that I own a lot (I was a PC junkie before becoming a consultant) and just to ask if they don't see something. If it is hiding, I can produce it for them. If I didn't bring it, I can talk about how wonderful it is and how I would love to bring it to their show.

Thank you sooo much....I made 5 trips back and forth from the car, so evidentally TOO much....LOL...
So, thank you for the helpful tips. I did decide that I just take what I need from the recipe and then a selection of each of the lines, 1 pan, 1 stone, 1 glass, one Sa....and my whole Turn Around.....it was INSANE with all that stuff, live and learn huh? :p

I love you guys...always there to hel....

The show went well though, it was insane, but the sales where GREAT....
Woo Hoo....

I always ask the host if there is something specific she would like to see so I can make sure I bring it. I tell her to ask her guests as well.

I always bring the guest special item and the upcoming host special items to encourage bookings.

I have the complete show to go, so I bring all three pieces and then my laptop bag and that's it.

So if you don't keep things in the boxes - how do you keep them from getting broken or scratched?? I am also bringing too much stuff and I have scaled WAY down. It never fails - the item I leave at home is the item I could have sold the most of.

Well, having the rolling case helps. It has all those built in compartments with padding. I also wrap a lot of things in kitchen towels. I've never had anything break. I do have some scratches on cookware, though, so I have to be more careful about that. Darn SA stands!!!

I make sure that I never put two items that could break next to each other. Sometimes in order to do that I have to put a towel or something in between and since we have 4+ towels showing this season I use those as well as the silicone items (trivets and what not) as a buffer.

The absolute MOST helpful item I have found to take my stuff to shows is a Rolling Luggage Carrier like http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=0&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=97286&cmArea=SEARCH from Staples
http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0068520_std.jpgI put my big plastic tote on first, that holds my lapboards, my pens, extra catalogs and cookbooks.
Then on top of that, I put my crate (only the products I'm using for the recipe - this is why I only do recipes that show alot of things).
I put the bungee cord around both of those, so nothing falls off the carrier.Then on my shoulder, I have my laptop case with my keys hooked on to my strap. One trip in/out. Two if I'm asked to bring my own card table. :)

Laura,You bring your laptop, do you key in your orders to PP right there?

Thank you for the Pic....LOL...that DOES help and I hadn't THOUGHT about the carrier....I was going to use my flight attendants roller luggage.....:D
never thought about the carrier....

Sharis kitchen...gave me a good thought too, pack your stuff that you will take in with you, BUT take your other stuff too, more than likely someone will want to see the one item you leave home.......so that may be an option too, to leave the rest in the trunk and bring my other stuff in the back seat....

So many ideas...as always, you guys are THE BEST....:D

Pampered Laura said:
The absolute MOST helpful item I have found to take my stuff to shows is a Rolling Luggage Carrier like http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=0&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=97286&cmArea=SEARCH from Staples
http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0068520_std.jpg
An excellent suggestion, Laura. Let me add my 2¢ worth. As a saavy traveler, having hauled heavy training materials around the country, I can tell you that when it comes to carts, you get what you pay for.

The difference between the $14.95 cart and the $49.95 cart may not be immediately apparent, but when a wheel falls off in an airport because you overloaded the El Cheapo cart, you learn that you shouldda bought the better one right away.

I could probably use mine to cart away the body of a heckler.

Kelley Sells said:
You bring your laptop, do you key in your orders to PP right there?

I also take my laptop and yes, I put the orders straight into PP at the show. It's great because I don't screw up the calculations and it's less work for me when I get home. I don't know what I would do without it now!

SC, what do you do about receipts? I've been real hesitant about using the laptop at shows because peopel around here want a receipt. I'm still using the preprinted forms so folks get a receipt - plus I write a lot faster than I type. (I can type fast but accuracy is another topic entirely.)

I carry a laptop too. I use the write in receipts at the shows so they do carry a receipt with them. I use the PP receipts for outside orders.

Outside Order FormsI bring my laptop, too. I use outside order forms at my show, enter the info at the show, and then both the guest and I initial the outside order form to confirm the info in the computer is correct. The guest gets to keep the OOF. I print out the PP receipts and send/drop off to the host. Before I send them, I go through the receipts and attach appropriate flyers - like for those that order stoneware, I attach the "Stonewarephobia" flyer, for kitchen spritzer and suds pump orders, I attach cleaning instructions. I'll also write notes on the receipt, like if they got the free guest special for the month, I write a huge "FREE" with a smiley face; if they get the ice cream dipper, I always write "HAND WASH ONLY" on the receipt, etc. Oh, and of course, I always write "Thank you!" and highlight my website and phone number.

Diane

I also use the write in receipts at the show and PP for outside orders and I just mail those to the guest, since the hosts get the individual product list for each guest I no longer leave a set of receipts with her/him. I find that this works really well and it's truely less work...

and hey...who knows, maybe one of will win the laptop at conf!

I use the Outside order forms at my shows, too... but ones that come from my upline that are COLOR and have nice pictures of the specials/free gifts. I find that I'm selling more of the monthly specials and having guests bump their orders up a bit to make the free gift.
I give them their OOF back at the show, then send all of the reciepts printed from PP to the host (with letter stating how much the host got, and what they would have earned as a consultant) along with whatever monthly flyer I'm promoting (usually a bookings/recruiting promo)

You might be starting to win me over, but not entirely. I am starting to formulate my own scenario on how it could work.

What is the best way to carry all of my Pampered Chef products to a party or event?

The best way to carry all of your Pampered Chef products is to use a large, sturdy tote bag or a rolling cart. You can also consider using a plastic bin with dividers to keep everything organized.

How do I prevent my Pampered Chef products from getting damaged while transporting them?

To prevent any damage to your Pampered Chef products, make sure to pack them securely in your tote bag or cart. You can also use bubble wrap or packing paper to protect delicate items. Avoid stacking heavy items on top of each other to prevent crushing.

Can I purchase a carrying case specifically designed for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of carrying cases and bags specifically designed to transport their products. These cases come in different sizes and styles to fit your needs.

How many Pampered Chef products can I fit in a standard tote bag?

The number of Pampered Chef products that can fit in a standard tote bag will vary depending on the size and shape of the products. However, on average, you can fit around 15-20 items in a standard tote bag.

Is it necessary to purchase a carrying case or bag for my Pampered Chef products?

While it is not necessary to purchase a specific carrying case for your Pampered Chef products, it can be helpful in keeping them organized and protected during transportation. You can also use any large tote bag or cart as an alternative.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • CarrieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies