• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Show Sales: Tips for Carrying Less and Selling More

In summary, this person is advocating for just bringing what you need for the recipe and not the whole kit. Bring just one bag and then a paperwork bag.
alidafrizzell
Gold Member
I know I have seen ideas on this before and have tryed searching but can't seem to find anything... I have cut down tremendously on the amount I "carry" to my shows. I basically take only one of the "main" things for an example, However I have got a Big Time Back problem and going to have to cut back even more, or somehow simplify it much more. Wondering if anyone has ideas on "Carry less, Sell more"?

A lot of people just carry what comes in the new consultant kit and a few other pieces needed for the recipe they're preparing. And, if someone asks at a show if you have something, just tell them you'll be glad to bring it to their house for their party!

Actually, they are advocating just bringing what you need for the recipe and not the whole kit. Bring just one bag and then a paperwork bag. I've been doing that since summer. It is so much easier and makes my job look easy. ...if someone wants to see something else I'll bring it to their show. The catalog has awesome pictures and many hosts have several products that they can pull out if necessary.

I've never carried the mini muffin pan or simple additions bowls with caddy to my shows - really not necessary. Just sayin' if you are just doing the kit. I've cut down to just what i need for the recipe and my TTA. My show avg is still $850+. Good luck!

I bought one of those http://www.staples.com/Staples-Expanding-Folding-Crate-on-Wheels/product_440122 from Staples/Office Depot and I use that so I don't have to actually physically carry as much. Usually I put my paperwork bag and anything large (DCB, etc) in there and then I put everything else I'm using for the recipe into the $20 bag you can order on the supply order and set that on top. I roll the whole thing in at once and it's only one trip in and out. The bag even has a slot where the telescoping handle of the crate goes through so the bag doesn't fall off.

This won't help you pare down how much you take, but once you get that part figured out, maybe this idea will help you to physically carry it more easily.

Shari in TX

It was hard to make the change but I no longer carry my TTAand no one has noticed and my show average has actually gone up.

Also, I have the PC rolling crate but I do not use it for shows. Too many steps and too many gravel driveways. I just use it for fairs.

I actually forgot my TTA for my last to shows and my STA lol Havent seen a difference in show avg.

I've been bringing the Bamboo Tool Turnabout to my shows. It's smaller so I just put in the few things I'll need for the recipe or some new items. It shows off part of our Bamboo line, holds everything I need and I can just tell everyone that the TTA is bigger. It's worked fine for me.

Shari in TX

I put the tools I need for the recipe in the oven mitt.

I've scaled back greatly on what I take to my shows. My last host had a lot of stuff, including a DCB, already so that helped even more. I still carry my TTA but I only put a few things in it and leave everything else at home.

my last two shows i only brought was the recipe called for...no one really asked about other products, but someone did buy the 5in utilty knife after slicing a tomato! she was like, ya know, i just need one good quality knife at home

One big thing is to plan out your recipes for the whole season. I pick 3-4 that use the same main products (right now MFP, DCB and small ridged baker). The other products can be filled in and substituted as needed. I keep my kit packed at all times and it's one less time I have to carry my products because they always stay in my car.Another thing is to include this in your host coaching. If your host has certain products, you don't have to bring them. If they already have the DCB, leave yours in the car (or at home if you aren't carrying the products in your car) and yours theirs. Another great advantage to this is that you don't have to wash it and they can store the left overs in the DCB.

wadesgirl said:
I keep my kit packed at all times and it's one less time I have to carry my products because they always stay in my car.

You may want to rethink this with winter coming. You put your stones in a volnerable position by having them in your car where it gets cold, then hot, then cold, then hot. This can cause them to break. Definitely wouldn't want that to happen at a show!

What are some tips for carrying less while selling more?

1. Use a rolling cart or tote bag to transport your products and supplies. This will save your arms and back from carrying heavy loads.

2. Streamline your demonstration by only bringing the essential tools and products. This will reduce the amount of setup and cleanup time.

3. Utilize digital resources such as online catalogs or virtual parties to minimize the need for physical product samples.

4. Plan ahead and pack strategically, keeping in mind the products you will most likely sell and the ones you can do without.

5. Consider offering delivery or pickup options for customers who purchase larger or heavier items, rather than carrying them yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • ChefAndiHV
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies