• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Really Fit All These Recipes and Tools in One Bag?!

In summary, the author is offering chicken recipes that use mango salsa, chicken fajitas, and south of the border meatloaf. She is also offering recipes for weekday dinners. She mentions that the tote falls over in the trunk of her car, but that it is lighter than she thought it would be.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Okay, I did it - I figured out my recipes for the spring/summer season and made it (almost) all fit in the new bag! Here are the recipes I'm offering:
Chicken Your Way with Mango Confetti Salsa
15 Minute Chicken Fajitas with tomato salsa
South of the Border Meatloaf
Happy Hour (Home Office's version)Here's what's in my bag (sort of surprised it all fit):
small cutting mats
mango wedger
avacado peeler
serrated peeler
5" santoku knife
core n more
mfp
mini scraper
small bamboo bowl
veggie wedger
simple slicer
chef's tongs
DCB
thermometer
salad choppers
garlic peeler
measuring spoons
ERMC
citrus press
multi scraper
mix n chop
grinder set
round up trivet
silicone oven mitt
square oven mitt
grilling cookbook
MFP recipe cards
DCB recipe book
Weekday Dinner Done cards
bag of misc spices for chicken your way and potato chips
and... my table cloth:chef:When I said almost, here's why:
Grill Pan (too big to fit)
Items needed for the Happy Hour party (I will only grab this bag when it's for the happy hour party - containing microwave chip maker, small bamboo bowl, cracker tray and quick stir pitcher)I'm shocked at how much I fit in there. Still trying to figure out how to maybe make it smaller. I thought about just bringing the salt grinder because I only need the salt for a couple recipes but I like how the whole set looks together.Now I plan a whole season at a time so I can have everything packed in my car at all times. I try to pick recipes that use the same products so that I don't have to bring a lot (MFP for several recipes, DCB, etc). This is the first time since I started in 5 1/2 years that I haven't used my red crate :( , small skillet or my tool turn about. I was able to fit some of the smaller tools inside of the DCB and then the larger of the small tools in the side pockets of the bag.

Good job. You should post a photo of it all packed. ;):thumbup:

How heavy????? I went back to a cart on wheels.. since shoulder surgery last year, the weight of the DCB and stuff is killing me...

Yes, please post picture!

Not sure how impressive the picture will be!Added one more item - meat tenderizer for CYWI don't think it was too heavy - lighter than I thought it would be and much lighter than my crate was. If you offer less recipes then you could take even less products.

Okay one downside to the tote - it falls over in the trunk of my car :( When I loaded it up in my trunk today I was thinking that finally in 5 years I'll have room in the trunk. Then I went around a corner and heard it fall over. Luckily nothing but the newly added meat tenderizer fell out. Maybe I'll put my crate back in and put the bags inside of it.

wadesgirl said:
Okay one downside to the tote - it falls over in the trunk of my car :( When I loaded it up in my trunk today I was thinking that finally in 5 years I'll have room in the trunk. Then I went around a corner and heard it fall over. Luckily nothing but the newly added meat tenderizer fell out. Maybe I'll put my crate back in and put the bags inside of it.
That's just what I was going to suggest! :)
Hey , I know! If you don't think a photo would do it justice, how about making a short video showing you packing it?! ;) hint hint nudge nudge? I'm a visual learner, can you tell?! haha

what is the ERMC?? You stumped me on that one...but my goal this season is to only take the new bag too!:)

Easy Read Measuring Cups!

otisbg said:
what is the ERMC?? You stumped me on that one...but my goal this season is to only take the new bag too!:)

Easy Read Measuring cup

DUH to me - many thanks:D:blushing:

A tip I picked up on from one of the training sessions I attended at a directors home - make a list of all the products you need and want to show off. Then call or e-mail the host to see what they have. This can eliminate many products. I had a party on the 26th of January. I sent my host the list of stuff I needed and she told me what she had. I never packed the DCB, The Quick Stir Pitcher, the little Bamboo Bowls nor cutting boards or even knives as she had them already. Even the Manual Food Processor and Salad Spinner were left at home! I have a party on March 10. I need the Large Bar Pan, Grill Pan and the Rectangular Baker - Nope I will not have to pack them as my host has them. Oh and that tip I think originally came from the training materials HO provided with Carry Less/Sell More.

pampered1224 said:
A tip I picked up on from one of the training sessions I attended at a directors home - make a list of all the products you need and want to show off. Then call or e-mail the host to see what they have. This can eliminate many products. I had a party on the 26th of January. I sent my host the list of stuff I needed and she told me what she had. I never packed the DCB, The Quick Stir Pitcher, the little Bamboo Bowls nor cutting boards or even knives as she had them already. Even the Manual Food Processor and Salad Spinner were left at home! I have a party on March 10. I need the Large Bar Pan, Grill Pan and the Rectangular Baker - Nope I will not have to pack them as my host has them. Oh and that tip I think originally came from the training materials HO provided with Carry Less/Sell More.

See my thing is that I like to have it packed and ready to go in the trunk of my car. I don't pack per show because I would forget something! And it saves time. That's why I try to find recipes that have some of the same products in them.

And that is not a bad thing either wadesgirl! I like that idea too. I am just not all that great at picking one recipe and using for many parties I have. I usually customize the recipe(s) per shows. Especially with repeat hosts and guests. Yes I keep my basics packed but I have to swap out stuff all the time. But that is my choice. The other thing it does for me by asking my hosts for their stuff to use, is it gives my hosts the chance to see what being a consultant is all about as I have them tell his/her guests that "these are my products and this is why I LOVE them". Then I say something like, "See, Jeri did my job and so can any of you!" Someone, somewhere will connect with statement yet and sign up!

pampered1224 said:
And that is not a bad thing either wadesgirl! I like that idea too. I am just not all that great at picking one recipe and using for many parties I have. I usually customize the recipe(s) per shows. Especially with repeat hosts and guests. Yes I keep my basics packed but I have to swap out stuff all the time. But that is my choice. The other thing it does for me by asking my hosts for their stuff to use, is it gives my hosts the chance to see what being a consultant is all about as I have them tell his/her guests that "these are my products and this is why I LOVE them". Then I say something like, "See, Jeri did my job and so can any of you!" Someone, somewhere will connect with statement yet and sign up!

I have been picking about 3-5 recipes per season to do which generally gives al my hosts plenty to pick from!

I wish I could be that organized. There I said it. My problem is that I can never like the recipes I decide on when I do pick some to do for a whole season. I keep changing my mind so... I just keep changing my mind. Sometimes several shows will get the same recipes but I usually do a whole different set for every single show. Part of that though goes to me not being bored with what I am doing. Most of my hosts let me choose anyway. Jeri told me I make it exciting, Bill loves it because then he does not have to choose and Mary said I never cease to amaze so... The one thing I do though that helps me is that I keep all the recipes extremely easy. Even if they are not PC recipes. I have brunch on Saturday. Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll and Hobo Potatoes. The Hobo potatoes comes from a restaurant in Mequon that I simply love. Changing it up is more for me than my hosts.

pampered1224 said:
I wish I could be that organized. There I said it. My problem is that I can never like the recipes I decide on when I do pick some to do for a whole season. I keep changing my mind so... I just keep changing my mind. Sometimes several shows will get the same recipes but I usually do a whole different set for every single show. Part of that though goes to me not being bored with what I am doing. Most of my hosts let me choose anyway. Jeri told me I make it exciting, Bill loves it because then he does not have to choose and Mary said I never cease to amaze so... The one thing I do though that helps me is that I keep all the recipes extremely easy. Even if they are not PC recipes. I have brunch on Saturday. Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll and Hobo Potatoes. The Hobo potatoes comes from a restaurant in Mequon that I simply love. Changing it up is more for me than my hosts.

I'm the complete opposite! I'd rather not even think about it and just know that everything is planned and ready to go for 6 months. I usually practice several of the new season's best recipes leading up to the new season to figure out what I want to do. This is the first season I've gone back to some old classics rather than new recipes (a lot of the recipes in the current season's best just didn't appeal to me for a show). I think my problem has become the fact that we don't find out for 3-4 weeks before the new season compared to 7-8 weeks before. I use to have plenty of time to play with new recipes but now it seems so crunched that I have time to try fewer recipes.

Do you carry another bag for your folder, laptop and order forms?

mzpatient said:
Do you carry another bag for your folder, laptop and order forms?

Yes I do. I have the Pretty in Pleats bag we earned last summer for my paperwork and then I have my laptop and my dots catalog tote. When I first go to the door I just grab my laptop and catalog tote, greet the host at the door with nothing else in my hands and make one more trip back to the car.

Since I'm a month into making this change - I LOVE it! So much easier to do!! I do miss my tool turn about but am dealing with that as I go along.

I used my CLSM bag for the first time at my show on Friday night. Here is what I made and what I brought.I made Beef Enchilada CassaroleI packed:
DCB
7" Santuko knife
Flexible Cutting Boards
Pizza Cutter
Mix N' Chop
Classic Batter Bowl
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Ultimate Mandolin
Kitchen Shears
8" Executive Skillet
Microwave Chip MakerI brown the meat in the skillet and let people use it and the mix n chop so they can see just how well the cookware works and just how awesome the mix n chop is. I use the Mandolin to grate cheese. I set up the cutting boards in "stations" and let them cut limes. I also set up 1 station with a potato and let them cut potatoes for the chips. My show is sitting at $675 right now and doesn't close until the 4th. I've sold 2 DCBs and 4 chip makers. And it was SO MUCH FUN!

What is the Carry Less Sell More Bag made of?

The Carry Less Sell More Bag is made of durable, water-resistant nylon material. It is designed to withstand heavy use and protect your products while on the go.

How much weight can the Carry Less Sell More Bag hold?

The Carry Less Sell More Bag can hold up to 50 pounds of weight, making it perfect for carrying multiple products or heavy items like cookware or bakeware.

What are the dimensions of the Carry Less Sell More Bag?

The Carry Less Sell More Bag measures 15.5 inches in length, 10 inches in width, and 12 inches in height. It has plenty of space to hold a variety of products and also fits easily into most car trunks.

Can the Carry Less Sell More Bag be personalized with my name or logo?

Yes, the Carry Less Sell More Bag can be personalized with your name or logo for an additional fee. This is a great way to promote your business and make your bag stand out at events or parties.

Is the Carry Less Sell More Bag easy to clean?

Yes, the Carry Less Sell More Bag is easy to clean. Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap, or toss it in the washing machine on a gentle cycle. Hang to dry and your bag will be ready for your next event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Serendi
Replies