• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Stains from USG with Carrots: Tips and Tricks from a Customer

In summary, Shannon says that if the carrot stain is bad, you can try bleaching it, but if it's just a little bit of a stain, you can try rubbing vegetable oil on it and then washing it off. Kristen says that if the cheese grater is dirty, you can wash it well and it should be fine.
Sooner PC
:eek: I have a customer who used her USG for carrots and it stained it orange. She has tried bleaching it and it didn't get the stain off. Any suggestions???

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

Sooner PC said:
:eek: I have a customer who used her USG for carrots and it stained it orange. She has tried bleaching it and it didn't get the stain off. Any suggestions???

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet
I've had carrot stains on mine too but they were gone after putting it through the dishwasher.

I have no idea if this would work for the US&G, but I was told that you can 'sunbleach' things like the cutting boards if they get stained - just leave them in a sunny spot for awhile

-h

Vegetable oil will do the trick. Just rub a little on the stain, and it should come right off. This also works great for removing sticky residue from stickers or things like that.

Deluxe cheese grater tooI hope the vegatable oil will work on the cheese grater as well...I did carrots for the coconut shrimp cakes, washed in dishwasher, used soft scrub, the whole nine and still looks like an orange mess. Carrots are the worst for staining! :eek:

Same thing happened to me!I just got my SS kit not long ago and used my Cheese Grater to grate carrots and about had a stroke when my brand new Cheese Grater was stained! After taking a deep breath and telling my self not to freak out, I simply washed it really well and even though there was some staining left, I knew it was clean so I didn't worry about it. Next time I used it (for moz cheese) it disappeared! I know it sounds gross, but I washed the grater really well so I think it was fine.

~Kristen :p

1. What is "Carrots Stained Usg"?

"Carrots Stained Usg" is a term used in Pampered Chef to describe carrots that have been cooked or prepared using our products, resulting in a beautiful and unique orange stain on the utensil or dish.

2. How does Pampered Chef help prevent carrots from staining utensils?

We have a variety of products specifically designed to prevent carrots from staining utensils, such as our non-stick cookware and silicone utensils. These products create a barrier between the carrots and the utensil, preventing the staining from occurring.

3. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products if they have been stained by carrots?

Yes, absolutely! The orange stain left by carrots is completely harmless and will not affect the performance or safety of your Pampered Chef products.

4. Are there any tips for removing carrot stains from my Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we recommend soaking the stained utensil or dish in a mixture of warm water and lemon juice for about 30 minutes, then scrubbing with a soft sponge or cloth. This should help remove the stain. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they may damage the product.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to cook carrots without worrying about staining?

Yes, our products are designed to be used with a variety of ingredients, including carrots, without worrying about staining. Just make sure to clean the utensils according to the instructions to prevent any potential staining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI