1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Carrots stained USG

1. Sooner PC

Sooner PC Member

:eek: I have a customer who used her USG for carrots and it stained it orange. She has tried bleaching it and it didn't get the stain off. Any suggestions???

Boomer Sooner
    Shannon Overstreet

Mar 1, 2006
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I've had carrot stains on mine too but they were gone after putting it through the dishwasher.

Mar 1, 2006
  3. I have no idea if this would work for the US&G, but I was told that you can 'sunbleach' things like the cutting boards if they get stained - just leave them in a sunny spot for awhile

-h

4. Chef Laurie

Chef Laurie Member

Vegetable oil will do the trick. Just rub a little on the stain, and it should come right off. This also works great for removing sticky residue from stickers or things like that.

Mar 2, 2006
  5. KHocutt

KHocutt Member

Deluxe cheese grater too

I hope the vegatable oil will work on the cheese grater as well...I did carrots for the coconut shrimp cakes, washed in dishwasher, used soft scrub, the whole nine and still looks like an orange mess. Carrots are the worst for staining! :eek:

Mar 3, 2006
  6. kristenskitchen

kristenskitchen Member

Same thing happened to me!

I just got my SS kit not long ago and used my Cheese Grater to grate carrots and about had a stroke when my brand new Cheese Grater was stained! After taking a deep breath and telling my self not to freak out, I simply washed it really well and even though there was some staining left, I knew it was clean so I didn't worry about it. Next time I used it (for moz cheese) it disappeared! I know it sounds gross, but I washed the grater really well so I think it was fine.

~Kristen :p

Have something to add?