• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Attend Our Career Opportunity Fair and Receive a Gift!

In summary, my director is holding an opportunity Q & A session at a local restaurant and has placed an ad in the local paper. She has asked me to help and I was getting ready to send out an email inviting potential recruits to come. She thought it might be too much to offer them a gift to come and so she was thinking about mentioning my email and getting a gift in return.
caraighan
Gold Member
I didn't really know what to name this thread. My director is holding an opportunity Q & A session at a local restaurant. She has placed an ad in the local paper and has asked me to help. I was getting ready to send an email out to my possible recruits to invite them to it.

My question is... do you think it's too much to offer them a gift to come?

I was thinking of saying something like ... meet me at the cafe! ask for me and get a gift!

Or mention my email and get a gift!

what do you think???

what do you think??? ...anybody???

Most opportunity events are intended to be a no pressure way for folks to learn about the business in a relaxed atmosphere. I think the gift offer is a little 'sales-pitchy'. The business opportunity is truly amazing in itself and should be the focus (just my humble opinion).

I think it sounds like a good idea; people are more receptive if they think they are going to get something for free. Then they may be impressed even when they didn't expect to be interested so its not too pushy or anything.

I sent the email. At someone else's suggestion, I put as a thank you gift for taking the time to come and see me... we will see tomorrow night how many people show up. My director put an add in the local paper and sent out her own email.

let us know how it comes out... I am curious to see the response.

Just got back... absolutely no one showed up! :( My director and I thought it might have something to do with the fact that yesterday was Easter... she had it in yesterday's newspaper. I sent out my email... she sent out an email as well...

Maybe next time... if there is a next time!!!!

Sorry to hear about that... Hopefully next time it will be great!!!

caraighan said:
Just got back... absolutely no one showed up! :( My director and I thought it might have something to do with the fact that yesterday was Easter... she had it in yesterday's newspaper. I sent out my email... she sent out an email as well...

Maybe next time... if there is a next time!!!!

Oh that stinks! You're right that it was probably due to the Easter holiday plus with it being Spring Break. For us, it was the last day of it and we were busy enjoying it. :) Then had to get kids back into school mode by practicing instruments, reading, refreshing spelling lists and math memorizations so they won't be completely rusty tomorrow. So maybe others were like me and felt "too busy". I'm sorry though, it's too bad when you prepare for things and take the time out and have a terrible turn-out. Here's hoping you have better luck next time. :)

babywings76 said:
Oh that stinks! You're right that it was probably due to the Easter holiday plus with it being Spring Break. For us, it was the last day of it and we were busy enjoying it. :) Then had to get kids back into school mode by practicing instruments, reading, refreshing spelling lists and math memorizations so they won't be completely rusty tomorrow. So maybe others were like me and felt "too busy". I'm sorry though, it's too bad when you prepare for things and take the time out and have a terrible turn-out. Here's hoping you have better luck next time. :)

we decided to do it once a month but not advertise it in the paper. The newspaper ad was EXPENSIVE!!! But instead we would make phone calls and send it out in emails!

Incidentally, I sent out my email through iContact and I noticed one person in particular has opened that email 7 times! I will be giving her a call today!

1. What exactly is a Career Opportunity Fair?

A Career Opportunity Fair is a type of career fair where companies and organizations come together to showcase their job opportunities and connect with potential candidates. It is a great networking opportunity for job seekers to learn about different companies and their career opportunities.

2. How can I prepare for a Career Opportunity Fair?

To prepare for a Career Opportunity Fair, you should research the companies that will be in attendance and tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific roles you are interested in. It is also important to dress professionally and have a positive attitude. Additionally, you can practice your elevator pitch and have a list of questions prepared to ask the company representatives.

3. Is there an entrance fee for the Career Opportunity Fair?

It depends on the specific fair. Some Career Opportunity Fairs may have a small entrance fee, while others may be free for attendees. It is best to check the event website or contact the organizers for more information.

4. Can I bring my resume to the Career Opportunity Fair?

Yes, it is highly recommended to bring copies of your resume to the Career Opportunity Fair. This will allow you to hand them out to potential employers and make a good first impression. You can also bring a digital copy of your resume on a USB drive in case a company prefers to receive it electronically.

5. Are there any tips for standing out at a Career Opportunity Fair?

To stand out at a Career Opportunity Fair, you should dress professionally, have a positive attitude, and be confident. It is also important to have a strong elevator pitch and to actively engage with company representatives by asking thoughtful questions and showcasing your skills and experience. Additionally, following up with companies after the fair can help you stand out and make a lasting impression.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • BeaLorene