• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Angela's Story: Preparing for Career Day at High School

TinaIn summary, the conversation discusses a career day opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants and how to approach it. Suggestions include having a clear presentation, bringing products to demonstrate, and engaging the young students. It is seen as a great opportunity to promote the business and potentially gain new recruits.
acherry
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,
I feel like a lost child...I haven't look at this website for awhile (work, vacation, holidays) and I have so much catching up to do!
I just got the opportunity to appear at a career day...actually, I would be the only person appearing as they have someone speak/present each week...its for the senior/junior highschool workers/students (i.e., the ones who go to school half day, then work half day). Its 6 classes of 25-30 students each...I have NEVER done this before, and am curious who has, and what you suggest I do! Any and all input is welcome!
Cheers and a belated Happy New Year!
Angela

I would like to know too, I have often thought about approaching the local community colleges and setting up a booth during their career weeks, but wasn't sure how to approach it.

Ideas please!

Ange

My son's school has just sent home a slip for career day. But it's for grades K-4th grade. I wonder if I should sign up. Who knows maybe by sending flyers and business cards home with parents I will get my name out there a little. Maybe get a show or two and who knows maybe a recruit. I'm really trying to decide if I should do this. What do you guys think?

Tina--why not? Doing the Pampered Chef is a career for alot of people. You can introduce something new to the kids. I'm sure there will be a doctor, lawyer, policeman why not a SAHM with her own business.

And like you said, you can send home a flyer with the kids to get your name out to their parents.

Hi Angela,Welcome back to the website and congratulations on your upcoming career day opportunity! It's great to hear that you will be representing Pampered Chef and sharing your passion with young students. I have personally done similar career day events and it's always a fun and rewarding experience.Some suggestions I have for you are to make sure you have a clear and concise presentation prepared, highlighting the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant and the opportunities it offers. You can also bring some of your favorite products to demonstrate and let the students have a hands-on experience. It's also a good idea to have some business cards or flyers with your contact information for anyone who may be interested in learning more.Engaging the students by asking them questions and getting them involved in the presentation can also make it more interactive and memorable. And don't forget to have fun and be yourself!I wish you all the best for your career day and a belated Happy New Year to you too!Best,

1. What is "Angela's Story" about?

"Angela's Story" is a short story about a high school student who is preparing for Career Day. It follows her journey as she explores different career options and learns about the importance of planning for her future.

2. Is this story appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "Angela's Story" is appropriate for all ages. It is written in a way that is easy to understand and relatable for both younger and older audiences.

3. Can I use this story in a classroom setting?

Yes, "Angela's Story" is a great resource for teachers to use in a classroom setting. It can be used to spark discussions about career planning and goal setting.

4. Does this story promote a specific career path?

No, "Angela's Story" does not promote a specific career path. It is meant to encourage students to explore various career options and make informed decisions about their future.

5. Is there a lesson or activity that accompanies this story?

Yes, there is a lesson plan and activity guide available for "Angela's Story" through Pampered Chef. It includes discussion questions, worksheets, and activities to further engage students in the story and its themes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • vanscootin