• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Career Club Lunch - But CC Recognition Still Offered

In summary, there will not be an official career club lunch at the upcoming conference. However, there will still be recognition for career club members. The Senior Executive Director received an email from the Home Office regarding conference, and it wasn't too long. This will be the first year for some attendees to experience career club in both recruiting and sales. There will be a special recognition area for career achievers to take photos next to their names. All lunches will be hot food buffet style, with no boxed lunches. In the past, boxed lunches have caused some attendees to become ill. Career Club is a special lunch for consultants who have achieved $50,000 or more in lifetime sales or 25 qualified recruits, with a nicer gift than the general lunch
finley1991
I did confirm with my D today that there is no official career club lunch. She said that there still would be recognition for CC but not a separate lunch. She said she had just gotten an e-mail from HO titled "Answers to questions your consultants might have about conference". I laughed and asked her how long it was... she said it wasn't too bad!!!!

I think this will be my first year for CC in recruiting as well as sales! YAY!!!

finley1991 said:
I did confirm with my D today that there is no official career club lunch. She said that there still would be recognition for CC but not a separate lunch. She said she had just gotten an e-mail from HO titled "Answers to questions your consultants might have about conference". I laughed and asked her how long it was... she said it wasn't too bad!!!!

I think this will be my first year for CC in recruiting as well as sales! YAY!!!

Thanks for the info, Colleen! Congrats on getting recruiting as well. This is my first year for that as well. I was kinda looking forward to the CC lunch because of it. Oh well!

I was talking to my SED this morning and she told me that there would be a special recognition type room/hall for career achievers. I'm envisioning something like what they have at HO. She said we'd be able to take our picture next to our name.

She also told me that all the lunches this year would be hot food - buffett style - there will not be boxed lunches. I hope she's right, the boxed lunches usually suck.

pamperedbecky said:
Thanks for the info, Colleen! Congrats on getting recruiting as well. This is my first year for that as well. I was kinda looking forward to the CC lunch because of it. Oh well!

Yes thanks Colleen. I too finally got it in recruiting this year. Interesting changes...

pamperedlinda said:
She also told me that all the lunches this year would be hot food - buffett style - there will not be boxed lunches. I hope she's right, the boxed lunches usually suck.

OMG Linda! The first year I went to conference in 98, we had a box lunch one day and they gave out this cute lunch tote that matched our conference tote (well, cute at the time!!!!). I didn't go to that lunch because I met a friend who lives in Chicago for lunch. At that time, the workshops/meals were at the Sheraton and the general sessions were at Navy Pier. Anyway, I went to the GS after lunch and it was only 1/4 full... almost everyone who had the box lunch got sick from it! I always think about that and get nervous about the box lunches!!!!!

Congrats to you all! That's awesome.

What is Career Club? I've heard it mentioned, but am unfamiliar with the details.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Congrats to you all! That's awesome.

What is Career Club? I've heard it mentioned, but am unfamiliar with the details.

It was a nicer lunch with the HO upper leaders (and used to be Doris came too) for everyone who had $50K or more in lifetime sales or 25 qualified recruits. The table gift was always just a step up from the gift everyone else got in the general lunch. It was a nice recognition.

bummer~ I'm sure it'll still be nice though! Can't wait!! Next year I'll be at the $200k table!! I'm $29k away!

Thanks Beth! I appreciate your patience with all my questions....I feel like the lil sister shadowing the teenage sister, bombarding with one question after another. :D

Knowing the criteria now.....I HAVE to restate my kudos to you for all for reaching it!

I'd do an awesome graphic and play with the fonts, but I don't yet have that ability! lol

So, please accept my high five and loud cheers....

WOW!!! WAAHOOOOO......That's super amazing ladies!

pampmomof3 said:
bummer~ I'm sure it'll still be nice though! Can't wait!! Next year I'll be at the $200k table!! I'm $29k away!

I just hit $200k... so can we still sit together? ;)

no career club lunch=no special gift :(

DebbieJ said:
no career club lunch=no special gift :(

:bugeye: There has to be something????

I refuse to accept the no-gift policy! :p

finley1991 said:
:bugeye: There has to be something????

I refuse to accept the no-gift policy! :p

I KNOW! I hope that's wrong! I just made $200K for last years so I would still be at that table. So sad. But I'm sure there'll be a gift (everyone got one in the past) but probably not anything more than anyone else gets. Sure hope we still get the PINS though!

Shoot--i am at 400K!

Maybe cc gifts will be in the registration packets????

I know, I always LOVED the little gifts. The pens that one year were awesome! I still covet mine and don't use them much.

And I'm glad to hear no boxed lunches!! Yay!

Well, I think we'll just have loads of surprises and we'll just have all kinds of fun! I'm thinking that if they are going to recognize us... we'll get something.... and no matter what... it's just going to be a blast!

pamperedbecky said:
I know, I always LOVED the little gifts. The pens that one year were awesome! I still covet mine and don't use them much.

And I'm glad to hear no boxed lunches!! Yay!

I just gave those on my team that went to Spring Launch those pens. They LOVED them!

While I am disappointed that they seem to be taking several of our little recognitions that have meant a lot to us away, Diane is right that we are still getting lots of goodies and it'll be so much fun! :chef:

quiverfull7 said:
Well, I think we'll just have loads of surprises and we'll just have all kinds of fun! I'm thinking that if they are going to recognize us... we'll get something.... and no matter what... it's just going to be a blast!

My D ensured that this would be the case... HO knows we are all uncomfortable with all of the changes so they are going to be sure it's awesome for us! :D

Did your upline mention if these changes are just for this year while we are all there at once or permanant changes? Just curious

quiverfull7 said:
Did your upline mention if these changes are just for this year while we are all there at once or permanant changes? Just curious

She didn't say... it didn't occur to me to ask and that's a great question!

Nanisu said:
Shoot--i am at 400K!

Me too and at 50 career recruits! Only took me 10 years!:D:party:

I just realized that my recruit just FINALLY hit $50K and she was SOOOO excited about getting to finally go to the lunch. I hope they do SOMETHING, especially for those that would have been first timers.

bethcooks4u said:
I just realized that my recruit just FINALLY hit $50K and she was SOOOO excited about getting to finally go to the lunch. I hope they do SOMETHING, especially for those that would have been first timers.

I agree! Probably we will still get the pins which I like but I am a kid at heart...I want the goodies!!! I will miss the meals. I really liked a majority of them...and no tipping!!:party:

and the blackberries and raspberries... sigh.... they ALWAYS have those on the desserts ... sigh...

quiverfull7 said:
and the blackberries and raspberries... sigh.... they ALWAYS have those on the desserts ... sigh...
We don't know that the lunches won't be fabulous!!!! Why all the negativity about something we don't know about? :eek:

I am sorry... was really more of a drool fest than negativity... for sure not meant to be.,.. SO SORRY! :)

quiverfull7 said:
I am sorry... was really more of a drool fest than negativity... for sure not meant to be.,.. SO SORRY! :)

Just checking! :)

NC is going to be fabulous... it always is!!! :party:

PS: Love the term *drool fest*... going to be using that myself!!!!!

finley1991 said:
We don't know that the lunches won't be fabulous!!!! Why all the negativity about something we don't know about? :eek:

OK, I admit it, I feel negative about it. BUT, I'm anxious to see what new approaches they take! Guess it's a typical reflection of the back and forth, up and down feelings I have had this last year with my business. I think something in me just hasn't "clicked" yet. Maybe Conference will be EXACTLY what I need for the "click"!!!! I don't doubt it will be fabulous!!!!

Not trying to be Negative Nelly, but I'm being real about how I feel. And real about the fact that I'm still excited and encouraged!!!

"real" is good and just fine! I think I'm just so excited that we are ALL going to be there together that I'm not thinking about all this much.. just anticipating the FUN and being together and knowing that PC always manages to pull off great surprises!!!!! So I'm gonna have a drool fest over the whole darn conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debi said:
OK, I admit it, I feel negative about it. BUT, I'm anxious to see what new approaches they take! Guess it's a typical reflection of the back and forth, up and down feelings I have had this last year with my business. I think something in me just hasn't "clicked" yet. Maybe Conference will be EXACTLY what I need for the "click"!!!! I don't doubt it will be fabulous!!!!

Not trying to be Negative Nelly, but I'm being real about how I feel. And real about the fact that I'm still excited and encouraged!!!

ITA with you! I know I should hurry up and get registered, but I'm just not all that excited about it right now.

I am starting a "Step UP" phone course with my NED tomorrow. I know that none of the info will be new to me, but I *need* the motivation and accountability of it!

Deb, you'll LOVE the step up! I started one with my team last fall... no takers after the 1st session... they didn't want to work *that hard*!!! I did it myself and had my 2 best months in October and November. I did it again in January and 3 takers. 2 finished. Now my biz is consistent. My monthly sales are at least 50% more each month than they were before I started the program. My recruiting is great. I signed 2 in December, had a lull, and now I've signed 2 this month with at least one more is signing next week. 1 more will be signing in the next few weeks and she has a friend ready to sign with her! It's an awesome program and I can't say enough about it!

Back to conference, Here's a confession: I thought about 2 weeks ago that I wouldn't go to conference this year. I didn't feel the spark... the desire to go. I really want to see all of you but I just didn't want to deal with the drama of my consultants. They can be so *needy* while there. One wouldn't even get on the bus back to the hotel with our group unless I was there to ride with them. She would freak out. I've always felt like I've done a lot of hand holding and babysitting. Then 2 years ago I had the racial issue to deal with. That wasn't fun and really sucked the life out of me. Not to mention the expense... Then my mom told me how much she's looking forward to going so I couldn't not go.... this has become our thing together now...

Yesterday a friend of mine reminded me that NC is not for us (leaders), it's for our consultants. So I'm determined to make sure it's a great time for my team, my mom AND me.

Confession over... feel free to spank me!!!!

Back now to cc lunch... one thing my D did say, is that since we will be together, it should be inspiring for those who haven't earned it yet to see the recognition we get. When we are in were in a separate room, they didn't get to see that. I just hope that it's not like the HWC breakfast where the only difference is the seating where we are separated by a rope. That didn't really feel like recognition too much to me and honestly I thought it was kind of lame!

With that, I really can't wait to see all of you!!!!!!!!! :)

finley1991 said:
Deb, you'll LOVE the step up! I started one with my team last fall... no takers after the 1st session... they didn't want to work *that hard*!!! I did it myself and had my 2 best months in October and November. I did it again in January and 3 takers. 2 finished. Now my biz is consistent. My monthly sales are at least 50% more each month than they were before I started the program. My recruiting is great. I signed 2 in December, had a lull, and now I've signed 2 this month with at least one more is signing next week. 1 more will be signing in the next few weeks and she has a friend ready to sign with her! It's an awesome program and I can't say enough about it!

Back to conference, Here's a confession: I thought about 2 weeks ago that I wouldn't go to conference this year. I didn't feel the spark... the desire to go. I really want to see all of you but I just didn't want to deal with the drama of my consultants. They can be so *needy* while there. One wouldn't even get on the bus back to the hotel with our group unless I was there to ride with them. She would freak out. I've always felt like I've done a lot of hand holding and babysitting. Then 2 years ago I had the racial issue to deal with. That wasn't fun and really sucked the life out of me. Not to mention the expense... Then my mom told me how much she's looking forward to going so I couldn't not go.... this has become our thing together now...

Yesterday a friend of mine reminded me that NC is not for us (leaders), it's for our consultants. So I'm determined to make sure it's a great time for my team, my mom AND me.

Confession over... feel free to spank me!!!!

Back now to cc lunch... one thing my D did say, is that since we will be together, it should be inspiring for those who haven't earned it yet to see the recognition we get. When we are in were in a separate room, they didn't get to see that. I just hope that it's not like the HWC breakfast where the only difference is the seating where we are separated by a rope. That didn't really feel like recognition too much to me and honestly I thought it was kind of lame!

With that, I really can't wait to see all of you!!!!!!!!! :)

Lame is not the word. I sat with my team instead of roping them off from me. lol

And congrats on turning things around! We get caught up on the woe is me and sometimes don't take the time or effort to step back and look at the big picture. You are an inspiration.

Thanks Beth!

Colleen, I can't imagine the babysitting that you have had to do. Luckily, mine are of independent minds!!

baychef said:
mine are of independent minds!!

I gotta get me some of those!!!! ;)

What does the earning period for Career Club end? May 31st?

"What does the earning period for Career Club end? May 31st?" I have been looking for the answer to this all day, does anyone know?Also on Consultant connections, when it lists your recruits, is it listing qualified or signed recruits?
Thanks!!!

cincychef said:
"What does the earning period for Career Club end? May 31st?" I have been looking for the answer to this all day, does anyone know?

Also on Consultant connections, when it lists your recruits, is it listing qualified or signed recruits?
Thanks!!!

it lists signed but if you run a report (can't remember which one) it'll show your signed and qualified for you and your team.

Does the earning period end May or June?

It ends May 31st. Did you make it? Or better question, will you make it?

Ahhh, I have had a really bad month, but I am at $194,284.52 with $1300 to still turn in and one show to do and 5 open catalog shows. I will be just a little short:( I will hit it in June though! Just trying to pull myself out of this slump. I think I will hit the 25 recruits in June too, I have 18 already and have 4 halfway there and 3 signing this month. Thanks for the help though, I wasted alot of time trying to look for it myself :)

Yeah! I will be at $200,000 by the end of May! I have been with the company for 4 & 1/2 years. Not too bad -- maybe I can hit $1 million before I am 80.....

Oh gosh I am only at a little over 130k. Two years and 3 months. But at least I get to move up a level from last conference.
You guys have some great career sales!!

jwpamp said:
Yeah! I will be at $200,000 by the end of May! I have been with the company for 4 & 1/2 years. Not too bad -- maybe I can hit $1 million before I am 80.....

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all of you!!!!! WOW! I'm almost at 4 years (Aug) and I'm at 175000 so Becky...130 at just over 2 years sounds pretty great to me!!!!!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!

jwpamp said:

Way to go Janice!!!! :)

I'm just under 350 in career sales - I was really hoping to hit 4 but NC but it doesn't look like that's going to happen :p

1. What is the "No Career Club Lunch" at conference?

The Career Club Lunch is a special event at our annual conference where consultants who have achieved a certain level of sales and recruiting are recognized and celebrated. However, this year, due to the ongoing pandemic, there will not be a separate lunch event for Career Club members.

2. Will there still be recognition for Career Club members at conference?

Yes, there will still be recognition for Career Club members at conference. While there won't be a separate lunch event, there will still be opportunities for Career Club members to be recognized and celebrated throughout the conference.

3. Why is there no separate Career Club lunch this year?

Due to the ongoing pandemic and safety concerns, we have decided to forgo the separate Career Club lunch this year. We want to ensure the safety and well-being of all our consultants and staff, and hosting a large event like the Career Club lunch would not be in line with current health guidelines.

4. Will there be any changes to the Career Club program this year?

There are no changes to the Career Club program itself, only to the separate lunch event at conference. Consultants can still achieve and maintain their Career Club status and receive all the benefits and recognition associated with it.

5. Is this the first year that Career Club members will not have a separate lunch at conference?

No, this is not the first year that Career Club members will not have a separate lunch at conference. In the past, there have been years where there was no separate lunch event, but Career Club members were still recognized and celebrated at conference. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during these unprecedented times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chefjwr
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefjwr
  • lt1jane