• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cards for Soldiers VENT: Dealing with Consultants Who Don't Follow Rules

In summary, Jenny did something that was against the rules and Internet Violations was sent to take it down.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
VENT Consultants who don't read the rules!!!Grrrrrrrrr:grumpy:I have a new consultant who needs to be led around like a 3 year old. I gave her the "what to do in your first month" list and went over it with her in person...and she STILL didn't get her debit or credit card so she could submit her first show. She submitted it with her mom's credit or debit card which was declined so it was put on hold. Now she needs to talk to me about it. She is intelligent, but she doesn't like to find out things for herself!!!Then I have another consultant who is very part time. I can understand that she might not know about the internet policies, and they are kind of complicated and/or easy to misinterpret. She had a kind of yard sale at her house this past weekend. She advertised it in Craigs List and put Pampered Chef in the description of things that were going to be there. She also had her address in the description. We get an email on Monday from Internet Violations asking her to take it down. Now, the sale is over and she is miffed that someone found out. I think she thinks I reported her (I didn't). This is the email conversation we are having right now (she likes to type in all caps, so this really isn't shouting) me: Jenny,The listing for this is still up, so you do need to take it down or delete the Pampered Chef part.her: HOW DO THEY NOW WHAT I AM SELLING?me: In the kit agreement you signed you said you wouldn't advertise online including putting Pampered Chef in any online profiles. Basically, because you advertised PC would be there, it was a violation.her: SO HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT I HAVE AN ON CRAIGS LIST?me: They have people who search as well as consultants who report people.her: RIGHT.me: Not sure what you mean by that.her: UNLESS SOMEONE I NEW, NEW I WAS A PAMPER CHEF REP MY ADD ON CRAIGSLIST HAS
VERY LITTLE INFO NOT EVEN MY NAME OR EMAIL ADDRESS.me: It has your address which the HO has. I didn't even know about it until I got the email from HO. If I did know about it, I would have come to you first because you might have not known about the regulation. Is that what you were thinking, that I sent it in? They have a dedicated "unit" (for lack of a better word) who make sure that the PC name isn't being abused (not what you did) or to make sure people are following the regs. There are people who get the products at a discount and then sell them on ebay for more than they are listed in the catalog and without a warranty. There are people who earn the products and sell them before they are available to the public which also makes them go up in price. There are lots of people who use the PC name when they are not PC consultants. It is in our best interest for HO to pursue those people. They also make sure that consultants know that they are violating the regs in case they don't know or understand them. I have been called on this because someone linked from their wedding site to my website without my permission. I had to ask them to take the link off.
:yuck:First off, if I had reported it, I wouldn't have said other consultants do report listings like this. It had her (@#&$(#@& address!!! How hard would it be for HO to look up a consultant based on her address?!?!?!Thanks for listening.

:yuck: Sorry you have to deal with this. Some people just do not get it. lol

Thanks...I've been pretty blessed until now...and the new one is really grating on my nerves!

I'm SOOOOO with you Kate! I'm so tired of hearing, "I know I could look up the answer or call HO, but I know you know the answer and it's so much easier to call you!"I won't even get started on my team. I'm pretty down on them right now and it's not pretty!Plus, just got off the phone with a p**sed host because on her show she covered and order for a friend of hers. I put her payment in on her order (the host order) and then put the payment in on her friend's order. (with me so far?) So when she gets her credit card statement, it shows her order $320 and her friends order $25. She is upset because it shouldn't have shown up that way (in her opinion)... I'm guessing here but I'm thinking that she covered her friend's order but didn't want it to show up on her statement that way for some reason or another. When I explained it all to her, she understood, but was NOT happy with me. Chances are there is something entirely different going on at her house today and her being upset with me has nothing to do with me, but it still stings sometimes.Kate, as for your consultant being upset about being reported, that happened to me. I had permission from HO four years ago to list that I was a PC director on a website without my personal website link. At the time that wasn't a violation, just listing your website was. I was never notified of the change and still had the e-mail from HO approving it but then someone turned me in a few months ago. I confronted the person who narced on me (someone from CS... who demanded I send her the approval e-mail from HO as proof... which I didn't.... didn't even respond to her). So I took it down. NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!! (Not yelling!). Sounds like she is upset about something else as well and you are just in the line of fire right now. Hope things get better!!!!!

Thanks. She isn't answering her phone and when she starts to misspell things in her emails, I know she is upset. She is a dear friend (she was a HO lead, but we have become close) and I don't want to lose that over something I didn't even do!!As for the other one, I have referred her to 888 OUR CHEF many times and will continue to do so. And, here's a fun fact, she was able to download P3 (she is using her mom's puter until she can get one) and didn't know how to input the order without my help. Her show was on Friday and she knew that I had a show at 2 on Saturday and that in the morning I had 5 minutes for her because I was getting ready for people to come over Saturday evening. She had me hold on until she could find P3, and was going to call me back, and did, and I called her back that evening, and she had already left her mom's house, and how can we submit it, and BLECH!... So, I told her she had a couple options, she could go back to her mom's house and submit it and I would walk her through it, she could wait until Monday and call HO and have tech support walk her through it and she would have to pay more shipping to get it here in time for the holidays. She opted to go back on Sunday and did it herself....so you can't tell me she couldn't have gone through the quick start guide of P3 on Saturday while she was at her mom's house - she did it on Sunday!!!TRY IT YOURSELF THEN CALL ME!!! I think I will put something along those lines in my New Years/Recognition plan letter I send out soon....but word it nicer.

Oh, I feel better after whining - thanks!

For those that call me, I have some magic words... God bless my mother for teaching me to say this!!!!"Where have you looked for the answer so I don't tell you something you've already tried." Now some of them actually make an effort to look things up or call HO before they call me because they know I will ask this.But now that is backfiring... they start out saying, "I know I could look this up but it's just easier to call you." What should I say to that?(PS: What I really feel like saying is way too colorful to type here!)

You could come back with "where do you think you should look for the answer?" Or suggest that they look somewhere specific and then ask them where else they think they should look.

Hmmm....Maybe something like, "As your Director, I am also your Coach. If you have policy or procedure questions, rather than giving you answers to your questions, my responsibility is to teach you how to find answers yourself. Now when you have a question, please feel free to call or email me. I will help you determine the best way to find the answer.

If you have a question that is not related to policy or procedures, such as a host is upset about the way something went with her show, contact me and I will help you determine the best resolution.

I actually have a little vent myself. Only one Consultant came to my group's holiday party. Usually I have at least three or four at each meeting (only seven in my downline), but this time only one. I had a great gift for everyone who came and I only got to give it to one Consultant. I am very proud of her. She is doing an awesome job and got a babysitter to make sure she could attend the gathering. The party itself was with my Director and a couple of other Directors on her team. We had the lowest attendance since I began my business.

Lisa, if it makes you feel any better I cancelled my holiday dinner because I only had 2 people that were planning on coming. I usually have between 8-12 at meeting. Oh well, they missed out on my over the top caramel apples.

I think there are a few of us in this boat. Mine was scheduled for Sunday. I was expecting 5... 2 of which are on my TEAM. Everyone else had "stuff". Each year I make a nice meal and give a great gift. Oh well. I ended up cancelling because of the storm. That was okay though because I had a monster hangover.With that... what are some ideas we can bounce off of each other to boost meeting attendance? There never seems to be a good night for everyone... but it's just too easy for them NOT to come. I don't know what to do to make it more enticing...I give LOTS of recognition and they like that and I get good feedback... it's just not a priority for them....

I had a gal on my team promote to Director earlier this year. That was when I was doing meetings on my own. NOBODY came, not even her cluster! After that I rejoined with my director and usually I am the only one from my cluster there.

Well...my director is missing in action and moved to FL. Her cluster doesn't even meet. They were all very negative anyway so I didn't want their bad attitudes around my team. I guess this falls into the category of if I can't change my people, I need to change my people!

finley1991 said:
With that... what are some ideas we can bounce off of each other to boost meeting attendance? There never seems to be a good night for everyone... but it's just too easy for them NOT to come. I don't know what to do to make it more enticing...

I give LOTS of recognition and they like that and I get good feedback... it's just not a priority for them....

Here is what we (my AD, a sister Director and myself...we do our meetings together) are planning to start as of January. We got this from another AD and dear friend of mine, Julie Fischer...she's been doing this for a while now with great results:

Conference Cash Raffle
At each meeting there will be a Pampered Chef product on display to be raffled (value $25-$50). Raffle tickets will be sold at the door. Each ticket costs $3...all monies will be placed in a gallon ziploc bag. At the end of the meeting one ticket will be drawn and the winner goes home with the product. In addition, the Ziploc bag of cash (from the sale of the tickets) will be labeled with the name of the winner. It will be stored by her director until July’s National Conference. When the winner attends conference she will receive the cash in Chicago! If she does not attend...her bag is forfeited, (although she still won a great PC product) and that cash will go towards the cost of the team's group dinner on night one. It’s a HUGE Win Win!

My AD informed me today that she will also be implementing the following:
Lead Generator Rewards
Living in South Florida we all know how important a Generator is! And this Rewards program is designed to help you keep your business juiced!
Throughout the month share with your director the names of those people that you have identified as people wanting more information about The Pampered Chef Business Opportunity. At our meeting you will receive one ticket for each lead you generate and share with your director during the month. You will also receive a ticket for each interview that you attend with your director. And a ticket for each lead of yours that signs. And finally, you will also receive a ticket for attending a Cook n’ Book New Consultant Training with your new recruit.

One ticket will be drawn from the “bowl” and that person will receive their choice of an exclusive Pampered Chef item. Tri-county consultants must be present to win. Out of town consultants will receive their prize by mail.

finley1991 said:
Well...my director is missing in action and moved to FL. Her cluster doesn't even meet. They were all very negative anyway so I didn't want their bad attitudes around my team.

I guess this falls into the category of if I can't change my people, I need to change my people!

Where in FL did she move to?

dannyzmom said:
Where in FL did she move to?

Tarpon Springs... west coast

I checked this out on snopes.com and it is true!!

Something cool that Xerox is doing:

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card. Then Xerox will print it and send it to a soldier currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

How AMAZIN G it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!

This is a great site. Please send a card. It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?

Whether you are for or against the war, our guys and gals over there need to know we are behind them...

I did it... thank you Nikki for posting this!

No problem!! I did one as well!! wonder if we can do more than one??

you can do more than one...i just did a second card..very nice of xerox to do this!

Thanks Nikki I just sent one!

Did one from the girls

I sent 2.

1. What is the purpose of the "Cards for Soldiers VENT" program?

The "Cards for Soldiers VENT" program is a way for consultants to send cards and care packages to soldiers serving overseas, as a way to show appreciation and support for their service.

2. Who can participate in the "Cards for Soldiers VENT" program?

Any consultant with Pampered Chef can participate in the program, as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the company.

3. How do I know if I am allowed to send cards and care packages to soldiers?

Pampered Chef has specific guidelines and rules for sending cards and care packages to soldiers, which can be found in the consultant agreement. If you are unsure, it is best to check with your team leader or the company directly.

4. Can I send any type of card or care package to soldiers?

No, consultants must follow the guidelines set by the company for the "Cards for Soldiers VENT" program. This includes using only approved cards and care package items, as well as following specific rules for packaging and shipping.

5. What should I do if I see another consultant not following the rules for "Cards for Soldiers VENT"?

If you notice another consultant not following the rules for the "Cards for Soldiers VENT" program, it is important to bring it to the attention of your team leader or the company. This ensures that the program is being run properly and that soldiers are receiving the support they deserve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies