• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Proper Use of Carbon Copy Receipts: Tips and Best Practices by Karen

In summary, Karen gives the top copy of the receipt to the guest, stamps her info on it, and keeps the white copy. She also gives the yellow copy to the customer and the pink copy to the host. If someone pays with a CC, Karen may not be able to read the CC # correctly.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Okay, I have been looking around trying to figure out what to do with the 3-layer carbon copy reciepts...

Officially, who is supposed to get which one? I have read so many different ways that people are doing it, I just want to make sure I do it the right way!

And do you all write in your info on the bottom right hand corner or do you just stamp the first one - what do you all do there? Looking at getting the stamp through Merrill but can I use that there?

Thanks!
Karen

It tells on the bottom of the receipt who is supposed to get which one.They recently changed that - the top copy used to say that it was supposed to go to the host, or HO, or something, but now it says that it goes to the customer. The next one is for the consultant, and the last one is for the host. This is important, because the last one has the CC info blocked out on it, so you aren't passing that around.Oh - and I stamp my info on the top copy. I love that they've changed it so that the guest gets the top copy...makes it easier. Actually, I've always given the guest the top copy, because that was the easiest one to stamp. But now, I don't have to explain to them that it's okay that they are getting the one that's supposed to go to HO.

It does not really matter which copy the guest gets. I always take the top one, because it is the one that is most legible. I usually give the guest the pink one and stamp my info on it.

You can get a stamp from OfficeMax for under $20 and I think you can get it the same day you order it.

I keep the white, give the customer the yellow and the pink goes to the host. I have found if someone pays w/ a cc sometimes the pages don't align perfectly and I am stuck at home trying to read the cc # off the yellow receipt. Sometimes the #'s are on the lines...sometimes they cross the lines so I have to guess if it's a "3" or an "8"...etc.

I stamp both the white and yellow copies.

I stamp the top copy, and give that to the customer. I bring my laptop to my shows, so I'll enter payment information right into P3 there. I give the customer the white copy, but since I often scribble other things (potential show dates etc) or add stuff and they've done half the math, I also give the host computer printed receipts to put in with their orders. I know it costs me a bit extra to do it this way, but that's just the way I am :D

I have been considering just using the same forms I use for outside order forms, since I do give the P3 receipts later, but I still have a huge stack of 3-part forms, so that's not going to be an issue any time soon.

Liquid Sky said:
I keep the white, give the customer the yellow and the pink goes to the host. I have found if someone pays w/ a cc sometimes the pages don't align perfectly and I am stuck at home trying to read the cc # off the yellow receipt. Sometimes the #'s are on the lines...sometimes they cross the lines so I have to guess if it's a "3" or an "8"...etc.

I stamp both the white and yellow copies.

I ONLY write the CC # on the yellow copy - which is the one I keep.

If the guest writes the #, I check and clarify that I can read the # correctly.

ChefBeckyD said:
I ONLY write the CC # on the yellow copy - which is the one I keep.

If the guest writes the #, I check and clarify that I can read the # correctly.

I had no idea that there was a change in who gets which receipt copy. Your idea is really good, too. I'm going to start doing that.....if I remember.:)

1. What is a carbon copy receipt?

A carbon copy receipt is a paper document that contains a duplicate copy of a customer's transaction. It is created by using a special type of paper that has a layer of carbon between two sheets, allowing the information written on the top sheet to transfer onto the bottom sheet.

2. How is a carbon copy receipt different from a regular receipt?

A carbon copy receipt provides a duplicate copy of a transaction, while a regular receipt is a single document. The duplicate copy can be given to the customer as a record of their purchase or kept by the business for their own records.

3. Do I need to use a carbon copy receipt for every transaction?

No, carbon copy receipts are not required for every transaction. They are typically used for larger purchases or transactions that require a signature, such as credit card purchases or contracts. However, it is always a good idea to have a backup copy of important transactions.

4. Are carbon copy receipts environmentally friendly?

Yes, carbon copy receipts are environmentally friendly as they do not require any additional printing or resources. The duplicate copy is created using the same sheet of paper, reducing waste. Additionally, some carbon copy paper is made from recycled materials.

5. How do I properly dispose of carbon copy receipts?

Carbon copy receipts should be disposed of like any other sensitive document. If the receipt contains personal information, it is recommended to shred or tear it up before disposing of it. If the receipt is no longer needed for record-keeping purposes, it can be recycled along with other paper products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • jtoler_funchefshows