• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help with Caramel-Apple Skillet Cake recipe from Pampered Chef website?

I followed the directions and when I turned it out of the skillet the caramel sauce just ran every where - what a mess we had. So, will letting it set longer in the skillet prevent that, as you mentioned?I don't think so. If you let it cool completely before slicing, it might help.I don't think so. If you let it cool completely before slicing, it might help.
foodygirl
Has anyone seen the recipe that is featured on the new catalog for Caramel-Apple Skillet Cake on the Pampered Chef website? Maybe I'm missing it?? Or maybe they aren't posting it until the first of September?

Thanks!

Sorry .. I found it. sheesh! :blushing:

where is it - I haven't found it

I can't find it either =(

But where is it on CC

thank you!!!!

I will be making this in my family skillet. What would be the baking time for that one? 38 minutes sounds like an awfully long time, especially in MY oven!

I made this over the weekend in the 10" skillet and it was great! OMG.Ridiculously good. I can imagine if I made it in the 11" the cake wouldbe less think and even more caramel-y. It was great and super easy to make.

I made this tonight at my show and I was able to sample it - WOW! So good! I made it in the 12" Skillet and baked for 36 minutes .. might have been able to go a couple minutes less. I was unable to invert it soon after baking and the caramel sauce was completely absorbed back into the cake BUT it was still YUMMY! My guests love it.

Is this in one of our recipe books? A customer wants to order the cookbook it is in!

byrd1956 said:
Is this in one of our recipe books? A customer wants to order the cookbook it is in!

So far, it's just on the product use & care guide and online, as far as I can tell.

My host made this at her show Friday (I gave her the pan). It was so delicious and one lady bought the pan!

I made this but actually edited the recipe a bit. Halve the brown sugar and the butter for the topping. Made it in the 10 inch and found it to be perfectly sweet. Honestly did not need the extra butter. Can't wait to make it again!!

You made this in the 10 inch? It fit OK?? I purchased the 10 inch for my hubby, he has been making German Pancakes in it (crepes for everyone else).

AJPratt said:
I made this over the weekend in the 10" skillet and it was great! OMG.Ridiculously good. I can imagine if I made it in the 11" the cake wouldbe less think and even more caramel-y. It was great and super easy to make.

Just to be sure (and NOT have a mess at my show Monday night), you used the 10" skillet not the 10" saute pan. Correct?

Has anyone made this cake in the 12" stainless? Unfortunately, that is the only pan that I have. Will it come out of the pan or stick? I made a variation that called for more butter and it didn't stick but thought I'd check. Thanks!

foodygirl said:
I made this tonight at my show and I was able to sample it - WOW! So good! I made it in the 12" Skillet and baked for 36 minutes .. might have been able to go a couple minutes less. I was unable to invert it soon after baking and the caramel sauce was completely absorbed back into the cake BUT it was still YUMMY! My guests love it.

I followed the directions and when I turned it out of the skillet the caramel sauce just ran every where - what a mess we had. So, will letting it set longer in the skillet prevent that, as you mentioned?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Caramel-Apple Skillet Cake?

The ingredients for this recipe include apples, flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and caramel sauce.

2. Can I use any type of apples for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for this recipe. However, Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples are recommended for their tart and sweet flavors.

3. Do I need a cast iron skillet to make this cake?

While a cast iron skillet is recommended for its even heat distribution, you can also use a regular cake pan or a non-stick skillet.

4. How do I make the caramel sauce for this cake?

You can make your own caramel sauce by melting butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth and then drizzle over the cake.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. Simply bake and cool the cake, then store it in an airtight container. When ready to serve, reheat in the skillet or in the microwave and top with warm caramel sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tonyphel00
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bridgetbakes
  • ChefBeckyD